PDA

View Full Version : READ: Important

MikeMan91389
04-05-2004, 08:23 PM
What can we all do to make this section popular again. I will try some things, because i like it, i just rarely use it. I will be in here more frequently.. Post ur ideas!!!!

bretman1234
04-05-2004, 08:29 PM
What can we all do to make this section popular again. I will try some things, because i like it, i just rarely use it. I will be in here more frequently.. Post ur ideas!!!!
This section is very popular, except its only popular with the newbies. Veterans usually hang out in the off-topic, and newbies in the general, with the exception of maximus :)

Coming over here is like visiting a different website, because I have no idea who half these people are.

BunnyRabbit
04-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Off topic practically covers everything I would bet 95% of my posts or more... Would be OTL... AND Casper lost them.. ALL of them! ThAT SLIMEY son of... Yeah yeah this section aint all cool as OTL.

David Luckey
04-05-2004, 09:38 PM
YeY Oober NooBz!!!!!!1111ONE111ONE!!!!

Casper
04-05-2004, 09:49 PM
eat me

Maybe I should unban Leo - that could certainly pick things up again, right? :D

David Luckey
04-05-2004, 09:51 PM
How do some of you have like thousands of posts? Maybe I only have like 10 because I have a super slow connection (12 kbps) and I have to choose carefully where I go, cause everything takes a LONG time to load.

Yankeez
04-05-2004, 11:12 PM
eat me

Maybe I should unban Leo - that could certainly pick things up again, right? :D

*point at casper*

Do It. Do It. :eek:

Casper
04-06-2004, 08:41 AM
How do some of you have like thousands of posts? Maybe I only have like 10 because I have a super slow connection (12 kbps) and I have to choose carefully where I go, cause everything takes a LONG time to load.
It might help if you disabled sigs in your User CP - and wow, can't you get broadband? or at least a better dialup connection? Are you in the middle of nowhere?

MikeMan91389
04-06-2004, 09:34 AM
hes gotta be in an oklahoma corn field..... and we have thousands of posts because we are addicted to the site

RudedogX
04-06-2004, 09:39 AM
That, and we've been here for a while, and most of us post from work when we're bored :p

CarGuy
04-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Yea disable the sigs man. I have broadband and I still disable those things.

StudioAlex
04-06-2004, 04:00 PM
We should include "Read: Important" in in the title of every thread on the forum. That wouldn't be annoying.

m4oH
04-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I still post here every once in a while and I recgonize all the people form the off topic lounge post here. In fact I really havent run into people Ive never heard of in the Xbox Discussion

l Maximus l
04-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Honestly, I think the site has changed so much that people don't like it as much. General XBox Discussion used to be a place where we all could talk about anything XBox related...but now, it's so different. Rarely is a thread moved from the OT Lounge...it happens, but, not very often.

Personally, I think it's based on member frustration why the General XBox Discussion isn't as successful.

Casper
04-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Honestly, I think the site has changed so much that people don't like it as much. General XBox Discussion used to be a place where we all could talk about anything XBox related...but now, it's so different. Rarely is a thread moved from the OT Lounge...it happens, but, not very often.

Personally, I think it's based on member frustration why the General XBox Discussion isn't as successful.
Why frustration? I don't get it

l Maximus l
04-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Why frustration? I don't get it

I've been able to adapt...no problem at all...it's mainly because the longest hiatus I've taken away from XBA has only been a few days or so.

The reason why this thread was created in the first place is due to the fact that the General XBox Discussion forum has been dwindling down in participation...noticeably. The OT Lounge has atleast 3 times the participation and this is primarily an XBox fansite.

It's only frusterating because in the General XBox Discussion forum, anyone could post anything XBox related before...now, everything is broken up into tons of different forums and sub forums that it's difficult for any new user to get used to. The changes have been subtle to someone like me because I've seen every change happen in small increments...but, to many members that have resurrected from the dead or to new members, the site could be quite confusing....not only that, but, it's difficult to just post something later to find out that the thread is being moved.

Honestly, I rarely create threads at all.

Just my $0.02...I'm cool with things, but, it's still not the same XBA back in the day.

MikeMan91389
04-06-2004, 10:24 PM
great post man.... i agree with you completely, i see what you mean too... i dont mind the changes, but it seems like some have.... but hey, its gotta happen sometime.

so i guess 75% of u thought my thread and title was stupid... Gr8... one of my first flames! minor, but i like it!!!!

SPARTAN VI
04-07-2004, 02:52 AM
Maxy has a point. I rarely venture into the game specific forums. 90% of the time I'm in the Off-topic lounge or Xbox Discussion. Chopping up the forums might make for a more organized board, but I'm so sure about it's impact on user activity. :confused:

I really don't mind. Things look fine to me.

bostwick202
04-07-2004, 07:22 AM

sucks to be your! im runnin 1641.9 Kbps cable!!!

l Maximus l
04-07-2004, 07:49 PM
sucks to be your! im runnin 1641.9 Kbps cable!!!

hehe...4185.6 kbps here :D

MikeMan91389
04-07-2004, 08:59 PM
holy crap... only 756 here

bretman1234
04-07-2004, 09:08 PM
holy crap... only 756 here
I guess its changed since you barely had 128 last summer :D

Man that was funny, we could barely do a 1 on 1 on your host hahaha! :rofl: