PDA

View Full Version : Why no XBL but PS2 online

m4oH
04-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Why is there online capabities for games such as NFSU on PS2 but not XBL!!??? :(
Thing like this just annoy the living shiat out of me

Yankeez
04-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Because EA does not make online games for xbox

Batcave76
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Because EA does not make online games for xbox

that sucks too.I got Madden 2004,which is a great football game,and no online play.:(

Snake Eyez
04-06-2004, 04:44 PM
MS and EA have had some disagreements about the online play of games. That is why so many gamers have gotten mad at EA.

l Maximus l
04-06-2004, 05:13 PM
EA wants control. If you like EA, then, this might put a bad taste in your mouth about them:

Let's say that Madden 2003 was on-line with XBL (we know it's not, but, let's pretend). Then, let's say Madden 2004 came out and it's also on-line. EA wants to be able to completely disconnected Madden 2003 from XBL and make it so that Madden 2004 can be played on-line...that is, until Madden 2005 comes out.

EA wants to do this with every EA game but, Microsoft won't have it. MS's belief is that if you own any XBox Live enabled game, that you should be able to play it on-line no matter what or how old the game is...regardless of how many sequels come out.

Crazy Joe
04-06-2004, 05:56 PM
EA wants control. If you like EA, then, this might put a bad taste in your mouth about them:

Let's say that Madden 2003 was on-line with XBL (we know it's not, but, let's pretend). Then, let's say Madden 2004 came out and it's also on-line. EA wants to be able to completely disconnected Madden 2003 from XBL and make it so that Madden 2004 can be played on-line...that is, until Madden 2005 comes out.

EA wants to do this with every EA game but, Microsoft won't have it. MS's belief is that if you own any XBox Live enabled game, that you should be able to play it on-line no matter what or how old the game is...regardless of how many sequels come out.

i have a feeling it goes a little deeper than that, I love Xbox and everything, but MS in general isn't above cheap cash-grabbing either.

lotec16
04-06-2004, 05:56 PM
At least microsoft is making a move for us rather than for their pocket books!

Slowride
04-06-2004, 07:17 PM
At least microsoft is making a move for us rather than for their pocket books!

Don't be fooled. Every move they make is for their pocket book.

Casper
04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
What sucks is they won't even do system link games, so the network card on the Xbox (as well as every other superior hardware that the Xbox has and the PS2 doesn't) is not used by EA in any way - hence, EA Ports - it's the lame.

l Maximus l
04-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Bottom line is this: EA Sucks Monkey Nutz.

Hitman101
04-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Yes, EA sux. But hey who cares we got ubisoft. Their way better IMO.

BTW, Hi everyone.

l Maximus l
04-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Yes, EA sux. But hey who cares we got ubisoft. Their way better IMO.

BTW, Hi everyone.

I agree, I think Ubisoft is a far better game developer, but, I have a couple of peeves with Ubisoft...

1. Not a single game by Ubisoft supports split screen multi-player.

2. And, eventhough the multi-player can be played via system link, you can only play each level on a mission to mission basis...not progress through a game from start to finish. In other words, each mission is seperate and has to be started individually. Take a game like Halo, if you play the first level, you progress to the second level...then the third, etc. This is not like games by Ubisoft where you have to choose a mission...when it's complete, you can play the mission over again or choose another mission. I prefer it to be progressive.

BananaMan
04-06-2004, 10:02 PM

well i think that's good of ol' MS. If EA wants to do that shiz, they can forget about xbox live.

MikeMan91389
04-06-2004, 10:29 PM
EA is missing out... i would buy the ea franchise if it was online