PDA

View Full Version : Question about the duties of the Xbox System Link..

X-Fox220
01-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Guys I thought the system link cable made you able to play online...nowhere can I find this info or how to do it. Someone please help me my mom just bought it for me and I cant open it till I know I can play online....

XBOX Dude
01-12-2002, 05:36 PM
lol that's some funny stuff. You can't play xbox online with the system link cable it just hooks two xbox's together. if you want to play online go to gamespy they have the instuctions and what you need. Xbox won't offically be online till summer

skoot182
01-12-2002, 05:36 PM
Sorry, fox, but the system link cable is for if you have a friend that also has an xbox and a copy of the game you want to play on 2 seperate tv's. Im not exactly sure what you need for online play, but that isnt it :( :( :(

skoot182
01-12-2002, 05:38 PM
LOL, dude, talk about a coincidence (see post times) thats why you got a double explanation :D

X-Fox220
01-12-2002, 05:54 PM
sorry guys...man do I feel like a jack@$$...I just needed to make sure but thanks for helping me.. :)

Frostberg
01-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Well X-Fox dont get too sad as of yet. If you want to play online, you may have just what you need. If you have one Xbox, 1 PC with broadband access, 1 spare network card and your link cable you should be perfect, providing you have downloaded the free software. All a crossover cable does is allows you to directly connect 2 things without the need for a hub. A whole lot cheaper if you only need to connect 2 things like you need to do. All you do is plug in your link cable, which is the overpriced cousin of a standard crossover cable, into your computers NIC and into the ethernet port on your xbox. The website I always reffer people to is http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml and it even provides some pictures for various setups. Have fun when you get it working!