PDA

View Full Version : A little theory I have.

Salmonaitor
04-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Ok, so we all know that Halo 2 is in the process of development, and we know that Xbox 2 is on the horizon. People have been speculating on whether Halo 2 will wait for Xbox 2, and, if the Xbox 2 will be backwards compatible. Well this is my theory, and it may be a little goofy, but here it goes.

In order for Bungie Studios to develop and test Halo 2, do they not need to have an Xbox? I mean, they say they're playin it all the time and testing out the levels, so it must be compatible with the current xbox. Then, there is talk about the next console release in '05, so why would they releas the most anticipate game EVER, for like 6-9 months before a console rebuild. It doesn't make sense. I mean, I could care less if Xbox 2 is backwards compatible, caise I'll keep my Xbox regardless.

I know, probobly been said a million times before, but hey, it's my theory... :cheers:

StudioAlex
04-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Umm, what exactly is your theory?

mattgame
04-07-2004, 12:50 PM
I have the same theory. What other game are they gonna launch with the new xbox? I would have to guess it would be Halo 2. Unless, they've been working on another game as good as Halo to launch with the system. I don't know. It seems like a waste of a great game to put Halo2 out with a system that will be improved upon thus making the old system obselete.

Salmonaitor
04-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Umm, what exactly is your theory?
hrm, i guess i never really said anything about that did I?

well, I guess my theory is that...um...er...well, I guess I have no theory...

runs out of thread crying :cry:

OuFtb
04-07-2004, 01:05 PM
They have to put the game out now, you really can't make to much since of it but they have to do it, they have to sell systems and get people hyped for Xbox 2, whats got me a little worried is what about some other big name games, are the actully coming out for Xbox or will they get pushed back to Xbox 2, and who knows they could already be working on Halo 3 for the relese of Xbox 2 :D
but probably not.

maneatingcow
04-07-2004, 01:20 PM
Why release Halo 2 for the xbox? Two words: XBox Live.

How many people that buy Halo 2 that don't have XBL will subscribe? A good many. XBL has already been confirmed to be fully supported on the XBox 2, and gettting more people signed up to XBL will help hold them as an XBox user.

The XBox 2 being backwards compatable will depend on the PS3, as well as all of it's specs. When the PS2's specs were released at E3, approx. 16 minutes later Microsoft announced the XBox's specs. Odds are the PS3 will be out before the XBox 2, and that will put Microsoft at an advantage, as Sony will be the first to release their specs yet again.

As for the killer app for the XBox 2, I'd place your chips on Perfect Dark Zero.
Makes sense for the XBox 2 to launch with another killer FPS.

RudedogX
04-07-2004, 01:37 PM
As for the killer app for the XBox 2, I'd place your chips on Perfect Dark Zero.
Makes sense for the XBox 2 to launch with another killer FPS.
Ah, damn, now that would be perfect! Yo MEC, how's school going for you anyway?:huh: Good to see you still visit here every once in a while bro!:cheers:

mattgame
04-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Has anyone heard whether it anything about Perfect Dark Zero? Wouldn't it be a game published by Microsoft that launch with the next xbox? It would seem logical to me that it's a game that is a proven success also. PS2 launched with Madden right? The xbox launched with Halo. So what else could it be? Unless it something like HL2 or DOOM3 or both.

maneatingcow
04-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Has anyone heard whether it anything about Perfect Dark Zero? Wouldn't it be a game published by Microsoft that launch with the next xbox? It would seem logical to me that it's a game that is a proven success also.
Microsoft acquired Rare around X03 last year, so Microsoft would be publishing it. It was 100% absent from last years E3, but we may just get a peek at it this year (Let me dream god damn it!!!)

Ah, damn, now that would be perfect! Yo MEC, how's school going for you anyway? Good to see you still visit here every once in a while bro!
School is doing fine. I had imagined that there would be a bit more Videogame discussion between classmates, but I was wrong. I need my fix man!!!!!!

waffle.

Slowride
04-07-2004, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=maneatingcow]Why release Halo 2 for the xbox? Two words: XBox Live.

How many people that buy Halo 2 that don't have XBL will subscribe? A good many. XBL has already been confirmed to be fully supported on the XBox 2, and gettting more people signed up to XBL will help hold them as an XBox user.QUOTE]

Good Point. :hump: :hump:

kenji
04-07-2004, 06:01 PM
I think Halo 2 will be released for Xbox. They have hyped it up to much to keep us waiting until Xbox 2 is released, in 2006 or something.

I think tha Perfect Dark Zero is kinda of a mystery right now. Very little information has been released about it. I think that it will be the starter for Xbox 2.

I sorely hope that games don't become unoriginal. Ever think that developers are running out of ideas?

mattgame
04-07-2004, 06:07 PM
I didn't even think that we acquired Rare. That may explain why Microsoft has been patient with them thus far. It still may be enough time to put out a Halo 3 too. They may be working on it now. Who knows?

Snake Eyez
04-07-2004, 06:15 PM
It would suck if they pushed Halo 2 till Xbox 2 launched. But not completely unthinkable since it's all about the $$ and making the best impact on the market. You could even imagine that MS has to do something big when the PS3 hits, especially if it hits before the Xbox.

SoundX
04-08-2004, 05:37 AM
Yeah, Xbox Live is gonna keep it for Xbox.

I remember reading about possibilities of a Halo 3 being ready for XB2 launch. I think...

GuiltySpark
04-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Ok, so we all know that Halo 2 is in the process of development, and we know that Xbox 2 is on the horizon. People have been speculating on whether Halo 2 will wait for Xbox 2, and, if the Xbox 2 will be backwards compatible. Well this is my theory, and it may be a little goofy, but here it goes.

In order for Bungie Studios to develop and test Halo 2, do they not need to have an Xbox? I mean, they say they're playin it all the time and testing out the levels, so it must be compatible with the current xbox. Then, there is talk about the next console release in '05, so why would they releas the most anticipate game EVER, for like 6-9 months before a console rebuild. It doesn't make sense. I mean, I could care less if Xbox 2 is backwards compatible, caise I'll keep my Xbox regardless.

I know, probobly been said a million times before, but hey, it's my theory... :cheers:

Developers don't actually play the game on the xbox until it is nearly finished and in the beta testing phase. Usually they use hardware which is identical to the xbox. This is also true with nextgen developers. They sure as hell don't have an xbox 2 to test the new stuff on so they use hardware which is pretty close to what the Xbox 2 will have. It has been said many times in many places that PD: zero will be a XB 2 launch game. Well not officially but you can pretty much bet on it. PD: Zero will, believe it or not halo fanboys, have more hype than Halo 2 just because it has a WAY larger fanbase and a really really good trackrecord.

Oh and Bungie themselves said "Halo 2 will come out this fall" That is an official announcement and I'm sure they're not lying to us. Halo 2 will come out this fall, which is before '05 = before xbox 2....

DIGITAL
04-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Xbox Live is gonna keep it for Xbox.

I remember reading about possibilities of a Halo 3 being ready for XB2 launch. I think...
i thought bungie was done with halo after halo2 ,i think epic has a launch game in the works for xbox 2

Brutus
04-08-2004, 05:29 PM
... Xbox LIVE accounts... Backwards Compatable?

Snake Eyez
04-08-2004, 06:20 PM
... Xbox LIVE accounts... Backwards Compatable?

Are you asking if you'll be able to play the Xbox on XBL after Xbox 2 comes out?

That's an interesting question all by itself. I would hope that the answer would be yes. :confused:

Tony_Macaroni
04-08-2004, 10:06 PM
heres the sutpid thing bout all u guys, most people have already bought the game (reserved) i payed 80$ to reserve it when it comes out and have it payed for...what r they gonna do? gimme my money bak and say sorry sir but ur gonna have to buy xbox next to be able to play this game... F*ck that sh*t

Snake Eyez
04-08-2004, 11:55 PM
heres the sutpid thing bout all u guys, most people have already bought the game (reserved) i payed 80$ to reserve it when it comes out and have it payed for...what r they gonna do? gimme my money bak and say sorry sir but ur gonna have to buy xbox next to be able to play this game... F*ck that sh*t
Damn you paid $80 for the game :yikes: . Is that the normal price for a Xbox game in Canada?

Tony_Macaroni
04-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Damn you paid $80 for the game :yikes: . Is that the normal price for a Xbox game in Canada? most games are about 60-70 dollars but halo2 is more expensive ... besides, american currancy is pretty high right now

OC Noob
04-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Because the developed it for the Xbox is all the reason you need to dispell the Xbox 2 release title rumors.

Its not like they would spend all that cash on developement just to get nothing out of it. They can always port it later, but it will be out a year before Xbox Next and they wasted the cash to develope it on the x86 platform if it wasn't going to be released for Xbox.

Tony_Macaroni
04-09-2004, 12:46 AM
quite ur whining, now u dont have to buy a whole new system so u can buy halo 2

maneatingcow
04-09-2004, 03:45 AM
I didn't even think that we acquired Rare. That may explain why Microsoft has been patient with them thus far. It still may be enough time to put out a Halo 3 too. They may be working on it now. Who knows?

The day Halo 1 was finished, Halo 2 began production. Odds are the same will be done with Halo 3.... unless Bungie decides to persue a new title instead. I'd prefer option #2 myself :)

bostwick202
04-09-2004, 07:57 AM

god, i love the usa... :hump:

ShaDovV RyDer
04-09-2004, 09:32 AM
My guess is that Halo2 WILL be out this fall..i also think that perfet dark zero will be a launch title on the xbox 2 along with a game or two that was shown in a post on the frontpage of xba not about 3 days ago...then not too long after the launch Halo3 will come out and a whole bunch of other tight games...now with the backwards compatible thingy i think that both the games and XBL will be BC so that those who sell their Xbox can keep the games and play with their old friends who havnt gotten xbox2...plus think of all the possabilities for MS to create a true "online community" with the help of two systems worth of games and gamers...tho thats just my thoughts...pce

Tony_Macaroni
04-09-2004, 10:20 AM
good thoughts though i must say

Brutus
04-09-2004, 12:35 PM
No doubt. Which one, Steel battalion Online?

ShaDovV RyDer
04-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Brutus...if u mean which other game/games will come out with the xbox2...ill let u no he rest of my theory after E3 so that i can see how far along some games r and to c all my choices...pce

Unreal
04-10-2004, 11:26 AM
I think Halo 2 will be this year. As far as launch title for Xbox 2. I have 3 words for you... Perfect Dark Zero :D

E Nomini Patri
04-10-2004, 12:22 PM
The day Halo 1 was finished, Halo 2 began production.

No, Halo 2 began production exactly 6 weeks afterwards. (Although technically you could say Halo was the start because it sets up the story line, but they didn't work on the actual game Halo 2 until 6 weeks after) ;)

*Enters thread with a swords, arrows, and spears*

I can't tell you how hard it is to read this thread when all the theories have been proven and disproven over and over and over and over...

Halo 2 WILL be on Xbox (It has been developed on the Xbox, and crafted to take COMPLETE advantage of XBOX hardware. Not Xbox 2.). Halo 2 WILL be out THIS YEAR in the Fall (September 22 - December 21). And there is nothing that will change that except a really SERIOUS problem.

And to the person that said it's all about the money (Snake), with Bungie, you are wrong. ALL they care about is the fans. ALL they care about is making a game. For who? The FANS. Not for them, not for Microsoft, and NOT for money.

Does anyone not have any clue just how much Bungie cares about the fans? If you have no idea, I suggest you check out the Halo & Halo 2 Weekly Updates. What other game company does that? Check out http://halo.bungie.org the biggest Halo fansite on the internet. Bungie employees post in the forums all the time and answer questions. Heck, most of the Bungie employees know many of the forum members there on a personal level!

So if you think Bungie only cares about money, you are following a cold trail that leads to nowhere.

Yes Salmon, your theory is VERY goofy, and it has been said a million times! To answer your question (Why release the most anticipated game of all time 6-9 months before the next console?):

Why not? ;)

Basically, if you think Halo 2 will be on Xbox 2 before Xbox, you are naive.

*Note, CAPS in this post are used for word emphasis, not screaming at anyone.

l Maximus l
04-10-2004, 02:20 PM
The only way Halo 2 will be released for XBox Next and not our current beloved XBox is if XBox Next comes out this Fall...and, quite frankly, that's not going to happen.

Halo 2 will be here this Fall :)