PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft announces Far Cry Instincts

bigloser
04-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Story courtesy of GameSpot. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/07/news_6093084.html)

Ubisoft's Montreal Studio is currently working on console versions of its recently released Far Cry first-person shooter. First screens inside.

Ubisoft has today announced that its Montreal Studio is working on console versions of the recently released Far Cry. The console versions of the game, entitled Far Cry Instincts, will be based on the original PC title but will boast a number of additional features and enhancements.

"Looking at Far Cry's incredible success in Europe, which is currently the number one selling PC game in all territories' charts, we are confident that Far Cry Instincts will be one of Ubisoft's most striking games this year," said Florence Alibert, Ubisoft's marketing director for EMEA territories. "The Montreal-based development team, gathering most of the talented members behind the original Splinter Cell, plans to further reinforce Far Cry Instincts' position as one of Ubisoft's key brands for the future."

Far Cry Instincts will feature all of the PC game's wide open environments and signature locales, but will also add all-new gameplay scenarios requiring different strategies and survival tactics to complete. No specific platforms or release dates for Far Cry Instincts have been announced at this time. We'll bring you more information on the game as soon as it becomes available.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/news/04/07/farcry/farcry_screen001.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/news/04/07/farcry/farcry_screen002.jpg

Pretty weird... Ubi didn't announce which system they're developing it for. I'm assuming it's for the Xbox, but it's still odd they didn't say which console.

No Fear 23
04-07-2004, 02:27 PM
im sure they ment xbox bc they know that they can be succesful on xbox instead of ps2 bc of XBL.

hopefully this will happen bc i have heard alot of good things about that game.

bigloser
04-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I own the pc version, amazing game. Far Cry's singleplayer is better than Halo IMHO.

Hard Boiled Cop
04-07-2004, 02:44 PM
I sure hope so too. Plus the graphics are capable of running on the xbox than any other console.

Snake Eyez
04-07-2004, 03:03 PM
I've only heard a few things about Far Cry, but since it's by Ubisoft, it already has my interest.

Max33
04-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm just hoping the dont dumb it down.After hearing so many great thing's about the PC version I've been drooling at the news of an XBox release.Now its gonna be a different game based on the PC version?

Damn my pessimism

DZNUTZ
04-07-2004, 04:09 PM
xbn issue 12..page 67. far cry...pc and xbox.

it boosts a new engine... seamless jungle island enviroments...a variety of vehicles to commandeer..and unpredictable botlike A.I> that hunt and ambush like pros.

says it hasn't confirmed what online options they have confirmed..but it will be online..and expectations are deat match, co-op and goal based scenarios.

xbox is so COOL
04-07-2004, 04:12 PM
This game looks kick ass,I want it on PC, but I don't got the money.