PDA

View Full Version : A look at The Punisher the game.

OuFtb
04-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Enter THQ and Volition's The Punisher. Introduced originally in The Amazing Spider-Man # 129 in 1974, The Punisher has remained a fan favorite and a constant source of controversy, at least in the Marvel universe. A quick over view of The Punisher's backstory reveals why he's so compelling. Originally an undercover FBI agent, former Marine Frank Castle is the sole survivor of a mob hit. Instead of the Mob shooting him down, he survives the hit only to see his wife and children gunned down before his eyes. Distraught, Castle decides to take matters into his own hands, employing his military and FBI skills as the judge, jury and executioner as the dark anti-hero The Punisher.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/504/504550p1.html

Click the link to read more and see some screens, I'm looking foward to seeing the movie, and hey mabey the game might be pretty good to doesn't sound that bad.

pinkie
04-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Interrogating people! Haha that's brilliant!

Also:

The Punisher can brutalize his victims to create "Punisher Moments," which will probably provide unique cutscenes and generate points or character build-up points.

That idea has a lot of potential.

Slowride
04-07-2004, 05:29 PM
The Punisher looks like it'll be a good movie. But I can't afford to buy games that aren't the best of the best of the best of the best of the best.

TrueBelieverUK*
04-08-2004, 05:41 AM
A typical mission involves Castle searching for his enemy and finding thugs or minions he might interrogate. Each environment is diverse, thus providing Castle with a distinct means of punishing his enemy. Players will be able to grab enemy's heads and dunk them in sand or water, or he could string them up from the rafters, or he might choke them using metal bars located in the room. Castle will also be able to use his own enemy's methods against them. Volition's patented Geo-Mod engine is certainly at work as part of these punishments, too. The environments are breakable and destructible to unbelievable degrees. Castle could literally throw his enemies around, breaking the environment as he goes, bruising and breaking enemy bones to get what he needs.

end quote

now that sounds sweet. i duno, the game could turn out bad, but the film, now that looks SWEET!

chris