PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of a handheld...

SoundX
04-08-2004, 05:42 AM
Personaly, I'd love to see Microsoft bring out a handheld, think of the possibilities.
They could call it... (gets ready for a load of LoL's) the Xportable.. :cool: :eek:

I basicaly just made this thread for people to talk about the possibilities of this happening and what it could do...

Soooo, who expects to see MS enter the handheld market soon? :wink:

TrueBelieverUK*
04-08-2004, 05:46 AM
i doubt they will (now i've said that they will just to prove me wrong!!!)

but it would be cool. imagine sitting on a bus, pulling out you Xportable (lollollol), and playing on 'halo 2 XP'. lol

chris :hump:

Hard Boiled Cop
04-08-2004, 07:27 AM
It would be so cool but like trueb said, doubt it.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-08-2004, 08:41 AM
I doubt Microsoft will enter the handheld market. This time around they will not for sure. Sony's PSP is just around the corner and it will be amazing. Microsoft does not have the time to make a handheld in the small amount of time before the PSP is released.

RudedogX
04-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Check out the Peter Moore interview thread. He states in there that MS will not become involved in that in the near future due to everything else going on. Of course, we've heard denials like that in the past and then things changed, so who really knows.:confused:

BinaryXtreme
04-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Personaly, I'd love to see Microsoft bring out a handheld, think of the possibilities.
They could call it... (gets ready for a load of LoL's) the Xportable.. :cool: :eek:

I basicaly just made this thread for people to talk about the possibilities of this happening and what it could do...

Soooo, who expects to see MS enter the handheld market soon? :wink:

Always thought that would be cool. Just like Nintendo, you could play your handheld titles thru your XBOX. I'd buy it.

kenji
04-08-2004, 06:10 PM
I have kinda faded from the handheld market, but I might get back into it. There is just no titles out there that intrest me at the current moment. The last game I bought was Golden Sun 2. I usually buy games in Japan because their titles are awsome. Too bad it has to be in Japanese.

I think the Microsoft would probably stay away from the hanheld market. Nintendo has a really strong hold on it.

Viper87227
04-09-2004, 02:28 PM
as of now, I have never liked a handheld. The PSP has serious potential with its graphics capabilities, but like all Gameboys and the Ngage before it, as of now the design does not include an analog, and I cannot stand gaming with the d-pad. Unless the PSP has an analog on it, I will not be buying it. While the liklyhood of M$ making a handheld is little to none, all it would take is an analog and a decent library to get my support

Yankeez
04-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I already got my xpod :hump:

Trento52
04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
It would be cool but i think a really nice handheld/highend palm pilot/digital camera/pm3 player/etc the tapwave zodiac has a really nice big screen and is really thin and buy upgrades for it like the camera and stuff but their are few games for it and it is like 400 american dollars. But it does i think have an analog stick. Nintedno should drop the DS and make one big nice screen instead of two but you never know it might be....revolutionary?