PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft announces Ghost Recon 2!

OuFtb
04-08-2004, 12:51 PM
"Developed by Ubisoft's award-winning Red Storm studio, Ghost Recon 2 launches on next-generation consoles and PC this Holiday season. The game is set in the chaotic battlefields of tomorrow, and will offer gamers an insider's view of the way large scale conflicts will be fought in the near future.

President of Ubisoft, Inc. "But for Ghost Recon 2, we wanted to dial up the intensity and adrenaline to create an experience of total war. We've retooled and improved every aspect of the game, and have integrated a host of incredible new features - and the result is amazing. You will truly feel like you are the hero of a near-future war movie when playing this game."

Ghost Recon 2 will continue the tradition of intensity and realism associated with Ubisoft's Tom Clancy brand, with an emotionally charged storyline, a completely redesigned graphics engine and the most intuitive gameplay to date, to fully immerse gamers into the chaos of a high tech war. The game will offer more action than ever before, as it puts players in command of an elite squad of special forces thrust into a tense political situation in East Asia. In addition, the top-notch multiplayer action that gamers expect from Red Storm will once again place Ghost Recon at the top of online console and PC gaming and will be a must-have for all online gaming fans this holiday season."

http://ve3d.ign.com/?fromint=1#505096

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=2000100&topic=13522715

It was just posted on the front page of this site, looked like there was more info, don't know but it was longer, so you can check that out to.

Duke
04-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Even though we all knew it was coming, it's still nice to see.

There still hasn't been a live experience that could match the old days of ghost recon. Maybe because live was new and GR was about the only game in town, but that's enough to guarantee my $50 on this one.

Max33
04-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Glad to hear it.The original was actually my favoite Squad based FPS of all time.

E Nomini Patri
04-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Ghost Recon is the best game ever to play with a friend in split screen. Hopefully this game will ramp up the fun!

Casper
04-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Ghost Recon is the best game ever to play with a friend in split screen. Hopefully this game will ramp up the fun!
Which is great now that the next Rainbow is allowing split-screen co-op too, just not on Live.

And this game was the main reason I stayed on Live- thank you Ubi - I can't say how much I love you guys enough :hail:

Sheeyt
04-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Yes yes its about time, now lets see some screen shots.

BinaryXtreme
04-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Better have something new to it. I'm burnt on the Ghost Recon series. Great games but just over played it.

Caesar SYN
04-09-2004, 04:50 AM
Even though we all knew it was coming, it's still nice to see.

There still hasn't been a live experience that could match the old days of ghost recon. Maybe because live was new and GR was about the only game in town, but that's enough to guarantee my $50 on this one.

...I still looke at my case of GR and GR IT and drool... wehad the best six man squads we used to line up those bastages and tank em down... those were the fun times... hopefully this wil revive that game again...

GreenWeenie
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
You think thats bad Caesar SYN? I played through both the XBox and the PC versions of GR, GR DS, and GR:IT...I own every origional version of the Rainbow 6 Games....I guess you could say I am a Squad based FPS addict...