PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help in Max Payne.....

khaos2005
01-12-2002, 10:43 PM
I have a serious problem at hand. I was playing Max Payne, on normal mode. I was on Part II, at about the 4th chapter or so. It's the part with the exploding building, fires, and such. Well, I always let autosave save it, and then turn the game off whenever I am done, but after autosave saved the game. So I finished playing, and went to the home screen. My friends came over, so I wanted to show them how to play and use the controls. I let them go into the tutorial, and goof around. They finished it, and left it at that. I then turned the game off, and they left. Well, I just went back to it to finish my chapter where I left off. However, it is saved in the tutorial. My game appears to be gone. Why would it be so easy to overwrite a game like this, with no prompting, for a tutorial???? This simply can't be. With my luck I know I'm screwed, but I did not want to start over, that's rediculous. I had close to a full day put into that. Is there any way out of this? Someone please help me out, or tell me what's going on. Thank you.

aquaman
01-12-2002, 11:00 PM
dood your screwed over ( it happened to me)

i rawkersz

khaos2005
01-12-2002, 11:08 PM
As I had figured, thanks though.

This is a load of crap. What an awful user interface. That's like having an icon on your desktop to format your harddrive, without any confirmation. Grrrrr... :mad:

Supperdog
01-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005
I have a serious problem at hand. I was playing Max Payne, on normal mode. I was on Part II, at about the 4th chapter or so. It's the part with the exploding building, fires, and such. Well, I always let autosave save it, and then turn the game off whenever I am done, but after autosave saved the game. So I finished playing, and went to the home screen. My friends came over, so I wanted to show them how to play and use the controls. I let them go into the tutorial, and goof around. They finished it, and left it at that. I then turned the game off, and they left. Well, I just went back to it to finish my chapter where I left off. However, it is saved in the tutorial. My game appears to be gone. Why would it be so easy to overwrite a game like this, with no prompting, for a tutorial???? This simply can't be. With my luck I know I'm screwed, but I did not want to start over, that's rediculous. I had close to a full day put into that. Is there any way out of this? Someone please help me out, or tell me what's going on. Thank you.

yep it autosaved over the autosave :(

also, b4 you turn it off, its always good to make a good solid file on the HARD DRIVE!!! MS didnt slap it in for nothing :p