PDA

View Full Version : Don't believe it???Here it is!!!

egg
01-13-2002, 01:15 AM
Your Xbox emulator.. Click to D/L (http://de/linar/zip/xBoX-Emulator.0.35.zip) **** (EDIT) Link no longer working...If you want it you find it****Just so you know , it is full of bugs....but its just the beginning..

Hardware Requiremens
* At least 1GHz Athlon/Duron/P3/P4
* Nvidia Geforce Video/ATI Radeon only
* 256MB RAM
* DVD ROM Drive

Known Bugs
* Video flickering in some Games
* Sporadic crashes.
* Slow Performance on P3 Systems
* General Problems with Intel CPUs
* Not compatible to Kyro graphics
* No Joystik support yet
* OpenGL support only for nvidia gForce 2/3
* No Gamepad Support yet

Working
* StarWars Starfighter
* UFC: Tapout
* NHL 2002

Partially Working

* Halo
* The Simpsons Road Rage
* Arctic Thunder
* Kabuki Warriors
* F1 2001

Not Working
* NASCAR Heat

Now for some screen shots.....

So.....What do you think????

Smallz
01-13-2002, 01:26 AM
im waiting for someone with an xbox game to download and confirm that its working
i meet the system requirements, and if i wait a few more months, it should be optimized (or another may come out)

And for all of you people who said it would take years, it wont. Its being emulated so soon because of the fact that it uses all those PC parts. The processor is the same as a PC processor, which has a lot to do with it.

sinizuh
01-13-2002, 01:58 AM
ahahahah foolish humans. your 5 fps xbox emulator that hardly works is retarded.

wizkid918
01-13-2002, 02:58 AM
emulators are BS unless it is for NES and SNES sega aint too bad, you get to where graphics are required, just drop the cash and buy a console

patsue
01-13-2002, 05:31 AM
1.2 Thunderbird
Geforce 2 GTS
512 pc133
Abit KT7A
WinXP

Didn't expect it to word either.

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-13-2002, 07:58 AM
Next...

blindrocket
01-13-2002, 08:15 AM
Now honestly you should probably scan your computer for viruses, all emulators out are going to be hoaxes, and most likely a virus, a bunch of crap .dll files, and/or a spyware program. I would NOT install these at all. ESPECIALLY if you own an XBOX, you have an XBOX, why play it on your computer too? Let the PS2 owners that don't own XBOX consoles try to run these emulators and have it screw up their computers.

:D

Kamshaft
01-13-2002, 09:14 AM
The person claims that it works with UFC: Tapout...."hey that's cool, an emulator that works with an unreleased game!"

I wonder what other bull the creator of the emulator (not the poster) will tell us, that it calls god too on a hotline with the Xbox communicator? LOL

I'll believe it when I see it. Those screengrabs look like a Photoshop job. "You guys wanna see Britney Spears on the Xbox?" I can whip out Adobe Photoshop and make that happend. So, can our man VAN-XBA!

JohnB
01-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by egg
Your Xbox emulator.. Click to D/L (http://people.freenet.de/linar/zip/xBoX-Emulator.0.35.zip) Just so you know , it is full of bugs....but its just the beginning..

Hardware Requiremens
* At least 1GHz Athlon/Duron/P3/P4
* Nvidia Geforce Video/ATI Radeon only
* 256MB RAM
* DVD ROM Drive

Known Bugs
* Video flickering in some Games
* Sporadic crashes.
* Slow Performance on P3 Systems
* General Problems with Intel CPUs
* Not compatible to Kyro graphics
* No Joystik support yet
* OpenGL support only for nvidia gForce 2/3
* No Gamepad Support yet

Working
* StarWars Starfighter
* UFC: Tapout
* NHL 2002

Partially Working

* Halo
* The Simpsons Road Rage
* Arctic Thunder
* Kabuki Warriors
* F1 2001

Not Working
* NASCAR Heat

Now for some screen shots.....

So.....What do you think????

http://home.satx.rr.com/gazeme/morestuff.jpg

skoot182
01-13-2002, 10:09 AM
LOL, John!!!

Frostberg
01-13-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Stephen-XBA
You guys wanna see Britney Spears on the Xbox
Who wouldnt? Britney on anything is a-ok with me!

Frostberg
01-13-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BIG-T
The xbox emulater is a piece of *****
That and I dont see why anyone would want one...or how it would work. I dont think the game would recognize your keyboard, and basically all of us here have Xboxes...I know a few people havent had the Xbox released where they live, but its not like the games were released either so the emulator is 100% pointless.

egg
01-13-2002, 01:32 PM
All this shows you is the potential
of what may come.... I see it as this... No matter what hybrid may come from this.. nothing will beat theBOX

Twisted J
01-13-2002, 03:09 PM
i can beat the box with a hammer. i wouldnt want to though
i love my XBOX!!!

WhiteWynter
01-13-2002, 03:50 PM
more **** please, bahhhhhhhhhahahahaha

Snoopy7548
01-13-2002, 04:13 PM
who would want the emulator when they have an xbox with more comfortable and easier controls? and who would want to spend over 1,500 dollars on a computer when they can just buy an xbox for 300 bucks? sounds pretty retarted, and the emulator cant even play all the xbox games, sounds like a pretty crappy thing. so its like spending probly 2000 dollars when u cant play all games vs. spending 300 bucks when you can play all games

GokuX
01-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Whoa since we're on the subject, I was looking around for emulators and found this new Dreamcast emulator and to my amazement it actually worked, albeit slow. I ran DOA 2 as that was the only game I had at the time, it's supposed to work with some other main DC games. I snapped off a quick screencapture of it.
Right here (http://technodine.20m.com/regupdate/available/programreq/alpha/dreamxuem.gif)

alien_69
01-13-2002, 09:53 PM
if this is the same "emulator" they were talking about on slashdot, some people say it's the code red virus or a trojan.
i'm sure that there is more than one url that is claiming to have an emulator but i think they are all bs at the moment.

http://slashdot.org/articles/02/01/12/1529233.shtml
---snip
"The consensus in our comments is that this is a hoax, and the paranoid would do well to treat it as a trojan or virus. Sorry. "
--- snip

egg
01-14-2002, 02:33 AM
When I originally
posted this, I was just showing what the future could bring ( FOR PEOPLE WITH OUT THE XBOX)...I did no research or tested anything.. So I took the link away... If you want to learn more about this...Have fun.... I will not be part of it......:)

DenniZz81
01-14-2002, 05:46 AM
didnt take long until the emulator came out.... hehe the paper they recived from Ms was pretty cool =)
lets flee the country help help hoho

:D :D :D :D :D :D
but il rather buy the system when it comes to europe than play it on a buggy emulator so its kina pointless to create one for xbox
the only thinkg good with emus is that you can play older systems that you dont have anymore!:cool:

JohnB
01-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81

the only thinkg good with emus is that you can play older systems that you dont have anymore!:cool:

That's right. The only descent emulators out there are for older systems such as snes, nes, etc. It would be so pathetic to play Xbox games on an emulator as I am sure it will be chopped to death and it just won't be as fun as in a game console environment. In these days, a lot of the fun factor is taken out of emulators for Xbox/PS2 unless you have a serious beefed up pc system. Emulators just don't cut it for me today, only on older systems.

manboy
01-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Don't worry guys, this one was definetely a fake. On another forum, I read that one file was from rtcw, another from aim, and a 3rd one from I don't remember where. They just put a buncha fake files up for dl, it doesn't really work.

We will be seeing a PS2 emu much sooner than we'll be seeing Xbox, because it is simply too powerful to be emulated by PC's at the moment.