PDA

View Full Version : Xbox noise...

BigBadLuc
04-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi.

I just bought my Xbox like a month ago and from day 1 I keep hearing a noise from the moment I switch the box on to the moment I switch it off. I sounds like a fan or something because the noise goes down progressively when I switch the console off.

What I would like to know is if this is normal or not. Are there others in the same situation or should I return my mean black gaming machine to the store?

Just in case this is relevent, my console has the samsung drive.

Thanks.

Max33
04-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Sounds like it might blow.There have been recent reports of XBOx's with the samsung catching fire & in some cases blowin up.Whatever you do dont plug it back in!!!

Call Microsoft.

Just kiddin.

LiquidX
04-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Yep its just a fan. Nothing to be worried about, all Xbox's have them although some are quieter than others depending on the manufacturer.

BigBadLuc
04-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Sounds like it might blow.There have been recent reports of XBOx's with the samsung catching fire & in some cases blowin up.Whatever you do dont plug it back in!!!

I am writing this on my wireless PDA cuz my computer was destroyed by the huge blast that occured when my Xbox exploded! My whole neighborhood has been leveled to the ground!

Good one. You got me worried there for a second. :D

darkfusion
04-11-2004, 05:00 PM
If you place your hand over the fan while the console is running you should notice the sound gets quieter - that way you can tell it's definatly the fan.

I've noticed my new crystal Xbox is louder than my original, has anyone else noticed this too?

Trento52
04-11-2004, 06:16 PM
I was playing ninja gaiden awhile ago and then loud squeaks adn squawks adn clicking and snapping sounds came out from it and everything was working fine it just sounded like my dreamcast after it was fixed from falling off a shelf. Then i turned it off and then came back adn everything was fine. I was thinking about if i had to get a new one i would get a crystal one or something.

Shadow20002
04-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Maybe you play it too much. :)

l Maximus l
04-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Usually loud noises occur to those that have less than 10 posts. All you have to do is post 4 more times and your XBox will be fine :)

BigBadLuc
04-12-2004, 04:39 AM
Usually loud noises occur to those that have less than 10 posts. All you have to do is post 4 more times and your XBox will be fine :)

Yeah. Cute. :p

SPARTAN VI
04-12-2004, 05:24 AM
Sledge hammer therapy. Always works. :wink:

Batcave76
04-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Maybe you play it too much. :)

No,maybe he doesnt play it enough.Need to break that fan in right. :)

Mr.Potatohead
04-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Sledge hammer therapy. Always works. :wink:
for sure just tack a sledge hammer smash the **** out of the xbox put it baack it the box and tell mircorsoft it blew p and sew them for indangerment of life our something like that :confused: