PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Smaller Xbox in development?

Shadow20002
04-13-2004, 12:28 AM
"I was at a concert for the band Linkin Park at the Meteora World tour about a month ago. After the show I went outside to meet Linkin Park and the opening band Story of the Year. After about 30 minutes of interesting conversations, they started talking about how they wanted to go play Halo (the band story of the year) and so I started up a conversation about Xbox. They kept on talking about how they link up their Xboxes with Linkin Park and play against each other on the road via wireless. Then after asking me to come play Halo with them, (which I didn't get to do I had to go :@) they told me about a 'smaller' version of the Xbox which they had played Halo on when a MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE came to show them some new Xbox stuff. It was a compact version of the Xbox, much smaller than the original. Not as small as the Gamecube, but small. They said they played on it and it was in development. I had to go so I didn't get any more information. Could this be a smaller version of the Xbox? Or was it really Xbox 2, which was BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE! (It played Halo!).

I know, "Linkin Park" and "interesting conversations" in the same sentence doesn't do much for the validity of this rumor. I'm just sharing--a sort of breakfasty token of my love. Has anyone else heard of an Xbox redesign/slimming down before they launch Xbox 2? God knows they could trim things up a bit."

JOEL JOHNSON

Source@ (http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/good_morning_rumor_xbox_redesign_014950.php)

Variation-XBA
04-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Its not god damn xbox 2 >_<

BananaMan
04-13-2004, 02:04 AM
It could be xbox 2, but I highly doubt that. And I've heard this rumour before, it'd be pretty sweet if it's true. But I bet they had to drop something in the guts of the xbox to get it smaller, or they would have made it that size orginally, don't you think? But either way, if it comes out, I might pick it up, if it has all the stuff that the big daddy xbox has. :cheers:

Caesar SYN
04-13-2004, 02:17 AM
This is old news.. a year ago there was specualtion about a "smaller" compact unit... but nothing ever really came of it... in fact it was just before E3 last year...

Hard Boiled Cop
04-13-2004, 05:22 AM
I highly doubt its Xbox 2. If Linkin Park has played Halo on a smaller xbox then shouldn't news be announced about this? About the small xbox I mean.

GuiltySpark
04-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Sweet, nice find shadow! Of couse I will be happy with my clunky 'box. But this would give those ps2 fanboys one less thing to complain about...

Chaotic
04-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Here we go with more kids and their rumors :rolleyes: Once i see an offical statement from microsoft or some respectiable source i won't believe this for one minute!

OC Noob
04-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Here we go with more kids and their rumors :rolleyes: Once i see an offical statement from microsoft or some respectiable source i won't believe this for one minute!

Pretty much what he said.

ps I was playing Xbox 2 with Kurt Cobain, Jimmy Hendricks, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchence and Mama Cass. It also plays PS1, PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, N64, GC and GC2 games.

BananaMan
04-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Pretty much what he said.

ps I was playing Xbox 2 with Kurt Cobain, Jimmy Hendricks, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchence and Mama Cass. It also plays PS1, PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, N64, GC and GC2 games.

sweet mang, me too, me and kurt was playing HALO 3!!!11 we was on the xbox of live tsunami 2, it's awesome. :hump: :cheers:

OC Noob
04-13-2004, 03:10 PM
sweet mang, me too, me and kurt was playing HALO 3!!!11 we was on the xbox of live tsunami 2, it's awesome. :hump: :cheers:

People underestimate Kurts skills because half his head is missing, but Kurt OWNS at Halo!!!

ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONGED TO KURT!!!

:hail: :cheers:

Brutus
04-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Hahaha.
I can say I opened my Xbox but lost my nerve BEFORE I modded it, Right?
Well anyhow, THere's no room to make it smaller. Seriously.
They've stuffed it so tight in there that there isn't room for ANYTHING!
I even had trouble getting the thing back together because even from the case to the Drivers, there's literally no space. I don't believe that there is a "Smaller" Xbox.
The One and only way they could make it smaller is if they Removed the Ethernet Jack. Scrapped the Power supply and just made the wart on the power cord (You know, with PSone) and got rid of two of the controller jacks. That's the only way.
And that would make a crappy Xbox. I still might buy one though. $149.00, stripped and small...

TOTTEN
04-14-2004, 01:35 AM
the xbox 2 is sopposed to be modeled(look wise) of off the apple g5

Brutus
04-14-2004, 10:09 AM
the xbox 2 is sopposed to be modeled(look wise) of off the apple g5
No. It's a processor made by IBM. IBM also makes the Processors for APple.
Yes they will resemble those powerful sunuva beyatches!

TOTTEN
04-14-2004, 10:44 AM
it going to look like a apple g5 that has nothing to do with its contents :argue1: