PDA

View Full Version : TOCA Race Driver 2 ships

OuFtb
04-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Codemasters has today announced the North American release of TOCA Race Driver 2: Ultimate Racing Simulator for the Xbox. The sequel to Pro Race Driver features no fewer than 15 different motorsports, around 50 tracks, and a story-driven single-player career mode. Online play via Xbox Live allows up to 12 players to race simultaneously.

"TOCA Race Driver 2 gives players the most authentic and expansive range of racing ever to be offered in one game," said Steven Lux, senior vice president of marketing, Codemasters. "Codemasters is proud to have, once again, raised the bar for the racing game genre."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/13/news_6093411.html

I saw a preview on X-Play a while ago and it looked pretty good, anyone who has Xbox Live would probably enjoy it, anyone picking it up.

Hard Boiled Cop
04-13-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm just hoping it will be better. I mean I did not like the handling in the first game. Its dodgy. Especially the braking. Graphics are not the best I've seen, don't know why some people claim to have brilliant graphics. The damage system is good at least. The environments aren't detailed enough though.

Bakeman
04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
I like what I've heard so far. I like that it is a simulation racer. Unlike every other racer on the xbox. Sure PGR2 looked great and was fun, but it didn't give you the simulation feel of racing.

The demo on PC is okay, there isn't all that much to do. But I'll definitly be trying to rent this one (but I wasn't able to ever rent the first one at blockbuster or Hollywood video).

darkfusion
04-13-2004, 03:17 PM
I didn't really like the PC demo to be honest, however I may give the Xbox version a go when the full version is out over here.

I also agree with Hard Boild Cop, it's not exactly one of the most visually stunning games around...

Bakeman
04-13-2004, 03:27 PM
The graphics aren't bad though. If the game has solid gameplay, it will more then make up for the lack of stunning graphics.

mattgame
04-14-2004, 06:50 PM
I liked the first one. I will be picking this one up.

Trento52
04-14-2004, 10:21 PM
I want to check this out and might be picking it up.