PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Old Republic

StudioAlex
04-13-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm officially this game's *****. I just started playing it for the second time through since I bought it last summer. Man, this game is awesome. This time, I'm a scoundrel/consular, but comepletely evil. Having "force strangle" as an option in dialogue definately kicks butt. Playing it the second time really has me thinking of what improvements they could make for a sequel. I hope obsidian is up to the task.

my wishlist for part 2:

Less jedi on my team. They dominate too much, so there is little reason to utilize your other characters.

Make staying on the light side a much harder venture. It would feel more involving if being a good guy actually took sacrifice, like actually giving up reward money, instead of NPCs being so impressed by your selflessness they reward you anyway.

More customizable weapons and armor.

Allow the player to influence the alignments of the party members through the advice you give them. Example: after confronting Canderous about his past, he starts to feel remorse for the life he's lived, and becomes a good guy. Goad Carth into murdering his former mentor, and watch him slide toward the dark path. Feed Juhani's inherent rage... you get the idea.

Drastically different story lines depending on which path of the force you choose.

And of course, more worlds, more aliens (aliens as possible PCs!), more everything, just don't let George Lucas anywhere near it.

TOTTEN
04-14-2004, 01:27 AM
sorry if im going of topic but how fast did you guys beat kotor i did it in 37:17 hours
;)

Anthony4sho
04-14-2004, 05:49 AM
This game is ****ing incredible. I'm on my 5th time thru, and i'm STILL seeing events that I have never seen before. My only wish for KOTOR 2: make it better than the first. I don't care how. Just do it.

OC Noob
04-14-2004, 05:18 PM
I love it!!!

Greatest Star Wars story ever.

TrueBelieverUK*
04-15-2004, 03:06 AM
i think i may nneed to get it! but i dont think i'd play on it (yet), i'm still and xboxliveaddict.....
chrisd

StudioAlex
04-15-2004, 05:05 PM
sorry if im going of topic but how fast did you guys beat kotor i did it in 37:17 hours
;)

That's pretty damned fast. I'm at about 40 hours and I just arrived at the hidden planet. Do you skip over all non-essential stuff?

thrAsher
04-15-2004, 05:51 PM
KOTOR is a great game. I actually started playing it again w/ my money hungry consular/scoundrel chick. Just playing a female adds a new bend to NPC interactions (in case none of you homophobes have tried). I've played her kinda stupidly, though, by not going the path of light or dark. I've kept her right in the middle, and have found that I can't whip out the force powers like I could w/ my lightside character. So, I've started being an evil beyotch to everyone but the poor and destitute (kinda like real life! :p ).

But, on topic, I have to agree w/ everthing you said, Alex. I hope someone from the dev. team reads your post, man. I thought many of the same things, and have tried to use the non-jedis a little more this time around. Still, if I know I'm going into a huge fight, I take all jedis. What ya gonna do, really?

StudioAlex
04-17-2004, 01:39 PM
KOTOR is a great game. I actually started playing it again w/ my money hungry consular/scoundrel chick. Just playing a female adds a new bend to NPC interactions (in case none of you homophobes have tried). I've played her kinda stupidly, though, by not going the path of light or dark. I've kept her right in the middle, and have found that I can't whip out the force powers like I could w/ my lightside character. So, I've started being an evil beyotch to everyone but the poor and destitute (kinda like real life! :p ).

I have to say, I was dissapointed to find out that Bastila won't go for a female PC. That would have made this the GREATEST. GAME. EVER. :hail: :cheers: :hump: :p

WardenBoy
04-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Time to buy KotoR... After i rented, i want to own it.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-17-2004, 02:32 PM
I don't own KOTOR, but I'll have it for quite some time. I traded my friend Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for it. I was at about 14 hours, but I hadn't played for a REALLY long time, so I forgot the whole story, so I started a new game. That, and I picked Korriban first, so it was way too hard.

I'm playing as a persuasive good guy now. He's level 6 or 7 and he's got 4 into persuasion. Works good! He's gonna be more physical combat oriented than force oriented once he becomes a jedi though. I'll need to get both those mind control techniques. That and persuasion would make things interesting ;).

Crazy Joe
04-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Having "force strangle" as an option in dialogue definately kicks butt.

say wha...? man, i played pure evil from day one and i NEVER had "force strangle" as a dialogue option, am i missing something?

GuiltySpark
04-17-2004, 09:13 PM
say wha...? man, i played pure evil from day one and i NEVER had "force strangle" as a dialogue option, am i missing something?

Same here.... wait, this could't be the XBL update could it? AH, I have to go start playing right now!

*GuiltySpark343 runs around in circles with hands flailing looking for his dustridden copy of KOTOR*

SoundX
04-18-2004, 07:48 AM
I was planning on buying it but second thoughts got the better of me, I'm not really into Star Wars.

Do you think it's worth a buy for the actual game or do you really have to be a fan to love this game?

Cryogenic Pyro
04-18-2004, 01:49 PM
You do not have to be a fan to love this game! I think Star Wars is okay, but this game is awesome.

StudioAlex
04-19-2004, 12:07 AM

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Try the ass wipe czerka employee (the guy who is a jerk to you for no reason at all) in the cantina (not the swoop bar, the other one) at anchorhead. Either that or I'm remembering something I only wished had happened.

Obviously, you'll need the force damage/strangle/kill power set.

basketball_tom
05-02-2004, 10:12 AM
i dont have the game myself but my friend does and when i borrowed it and played it was so fun. this is a execellent game and a execllent rpg. KOTOR2 is gunna be one freaking awesoem game!

StudioAlex
05-02-2004, 10:46 PM
i dont have the game myself but my friend does and when i borrowed it and played it was so fun. this is a execellent game and a execllent rpg. KOTOR2 is gunna be one freaking awesoem game!

After recent news, my hopes for it are definately high.

SoundX
05-03-2004, 08:57 AM
I got this about two weeks ago, it's awsome.

rolling stone
05-04-2004, 10:32 AM
hey guys tell me, is it worth playing over for the light side ending? the last time i played it was on light side but i got stuck on the fish planet somehow, like when i broke into the sith place i forgot to do something so when i try to leave the fish people kill me cause i didn't have the evidence or whatever. plus i forgot to make other saves of the game so i was just stuck letting the fish people excute me over and over... it was not cool

Unreal
05-04-2004, 02:25 PM
hey guys tell me, is it worth playing over for the light side ending? the last time i played it was on light side but i got stuck on the fish planet somehow, like when i broke into the sith place i forgot to do something so when i try to leave the fish people kill me cause i didn't have the evidence or whatever. plus i forgot to make other saves of the game so i was just stuck letting the fish people excute me over and over... it was not cool
You can get out of that. I dont remember what I picked for my options but they let me go for killing the sith. Either case, I beat the game on the Light Side and now I am going through on the Dark Side :D