PDA

View Full Version : No Deathrow 2

OuFtb
04-13-2004, 08:44 PM
What sad times these are when the economics of videogames forces an end to a dream. A sequel to Deathrow was one of our Xbox Dream Sequels and we had long ago learned that developer SouthEnd Interactive was very interested in continuing the franchise on Xbox. Unfortunately, a sequel will not be coming any time soon, and one will likely never be seen.

Our friends at SouthEnd Interactive let us know recently that the original Deathrow did not make enough money to merit a sequel from Ubisoft. Since Deathrow shipped in late 2002, small Swedish developer SouthEnd has kept itself busy providing the multiplayer portion of XIII and has, of late, been working on an ultra-secret new game. This new game won't be ready for unveiling at E3, but may show up at Microsoft's European X'04 event this fall.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/506/506221p1.html

Well that offically sucks, I liked the first one and been meaning to actully buy it, guess I won't have to worry about buying the second one.

Shadow20002
04-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Well, by the time they gonna announce something new about Deathrow, i will be stick with DOA Ultimate. :)

Highlite23
04-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Too bad, Deathrow was a great game. One of the all time underappreciated games in the early Xbox library.

Then again, they may change their minds. In the video game world the word "Never" isn't as perminent as you would think. :)