PDA

View Full Version : halo online

vash the stampede
07-22-2001, 12:17 PM
Well, everyones like, "man, halo won't be online, and if we delay it for online it won't come out till early summer..." BUT, y dosn't bungie just include almost everything u need to play online, but make it an option u can't see. THEN, when online comes round, just pop in a meg or 2 patch, and it lets u use all the online features?:confused:

seth78
07-22-2001, 12:24 PM
doing that would still delay halo, whether the option of online play was available now or next summer, halo wasn't made for it and puttint it in would delay. You really won't miss it because it will have have LAN capabilities along with the multiplayer stuff.

dances with broom sticks
07-22-2001, 02:39 PM
i figure they will release a mulitplayer halo after online launch? maybe it will be the same thing just multiplayer or just a multiplayer version? or maybe not... i dont really know... i can live without online,

Aaron
07-23-2001, 06:23 AM
it will be online, trust me. with the whole fact of nintendo not doing online stuff, they will do it to smack around gaycube some more

dances with broom sticks
07-23-2001, 09:59 AM
what do u mean aaron? do u mean to say u think the release of halo on nov 8th will be online? or that it will be online later?

xboxlover
07-23-2001, 12:17 PM
Halo online would be brill with the head set it would be a classic.

dances with broom sticks
07-23-2001, 02:20 PM
i think there will be a game very similar to halo if not halo when the online goes up that uses the headset!

Aaron
07-23-2001, 04:53 PM
i meant that the original release will have online support because i think xbox will use it as leverage to kill the dying nintendo. Think about it. Halo is the most hyped title, its a awesome 1st person as well as 3rd person shooter, why wouldnt they include online support? =)

dances with broom sticks
07-23-2001, 06:15 PM
thats true... but didnt ms say the online support wouldnt be out till spring 2002?

Aaron
07-23-2001, 07:47 PM
not support, just the availability, but i think its just a padded statement to guard there asses. They run MSN, so yknow they got enough experience in that field

dances with broom sticks
07-23-2001, 08:41 PM
yea... i dont fully understand what ms has to do to get the xbox online gaming runnin? anyone care to explain it to me?

vash the stampede
07-23-2001, 09:29 PM
they just have to get a network up and running, something like just like WON, but just by ms.

dances with broom sticks
07-23-2001, 10:08 PM
well if thats the case couldnt they just make it and tell everyone to make there games to use it, then when the online release comes out the can put out patches?

it better be better then WON cuase that has some serious LAG problems!!!! of course that is mostly because of slow modems, which wont be on the xbox! :) i hate playin swat 3ee online cause of the lag...

Aaron
07-23-2001, 11:00 PM
no no no... there will be NO PATCHES at all! NONE!!!!

mordrek
07-23-2001, 11:16 PM
yeah patches are from the devil there are too many bugs that come with patches a halo expansion disc or something along them lines for online would be alot better

vash the stampede
07-24-2001, 09:41 AM
y are so many people anti patch? i think their like, the best. I mean, I hate it in consol games when there's a buggy part in the game that is near imposible to do, and there an't jack **** u can do about it. but now we can just dl a 5 meg patch, and bye bye pissy part in the game. And don't forget, if there are patches, there will be FAR fewer, cause the main reason for patches is to stop cheaters/hackers, (no prob on consol) and to stop burnt copies of the game, but i'm sure ms has a very good way to stop burning.

dances with broom sticks
07-24-2001, 10:15 AM
yea patches do suck... but if they had the expansion disc we would end up payin the full price of the game for only online support. it would be ne disc for the game then another disc for only online multiplayer... which wouldnt be completly bad...

CodeScribe
07-24-2001, 06:11 PM
Console games should be complete when shipped. Unlike SOOOOOO many PC games where they ship the game and you have to wait for months before the hundreds of patches make the game the way it was supposed to be months before when you bought it. Publishers should stop shipping incomplete games. That's why people buy consoles, so they won't have to worry about upgrades and downloading patches every week. And patches are a usually thought of as a PC thing, and MS wants to steer FAR away from the PC image the Xbox has been getting.

dances with broom sticks
07-24-2001, 07:09 PM
that is true... i dont think halo should be online. i would like it to be but if it was then it would be hastly done and not what they wanted it to be. i think they will or should make a second edition with online play!!

xboxlover
07-25-2001, 01:48 PM
Yea I think online play would be sweeet or they could release a complete halo game online play and all for the rrp and a another one without for a cheaper price for people who wouldn't use online play to the full.

Anduril
07-29-2001, 03:37 AM
Bungie should make an official add on cd or whatever when they get the online play work, which would feature the Covenant campaign and online play, new guns and stuff..

do the drew
07-29-2001, 12:13 PM
adriul wouldnt that just be a halo 2 then?

Anduril
07-29-2001, 12:27 PM
Why isnt Diablo 2 LoD called Diablo 3?
Think of it as a map pack or something..