PDA

View Full Version : Just beat HALO, LETS TALK! *spoilers*

blindrocket
01-13-2002, 05:27 PM
Ok, I've avoided all the HALO threads until now, because I didn't want to be spoiled.

Whew! What a great game, my heart was still thumping for a good five minutes after that last level. INTENSE is hardly the word! My wife that sat there and watched me play it was all hyper because of it too! lol

Ok, so I watched the ending, the basic one, and the credits, then at the end I saw the robot sphere fly off through space! So OH NO! hehe... there can be a sequel of course. What a great story too. I want to check out that prequel book they have... Fall of Reach I think it's called.

Anyway, so what was the conversation again between Master Chief and the robot sphere guy (can't remember his title)? Halo was a weapon to wipe out all life (food for the Flood) and it had a blast radius of 25 light years was it? Then after HALO did that, all of the others (assuming other HALOs?) would follow doing the same. Did I remember that correctly?

So what's this guy gonna do now? Fly 25 light years to the next HALO? lol

DISCUSS!!!

Heyyoudvd
01-13-2002, 05:49 PM
the robot sphere is called The Monitor.

I beat the game a few weeks ago, and I can't remember the end (i beat it at a friend's house, since I cant afford and XBox) :(

Anyways, after the ship and Halo exploded, the Monitor was still alive?

There definiely will be a a sequel since when Master Chief was flying away, he said something along the lines of, the adventure would continue.

monkeyman
01-13-2002, 05:52 PM
yeah at the end the monitor just goes flying off and is like hahahaha im a genius not really but you know there will be a sequal

WhiteWynter
01-13-2002, 09:26 PM
i think his name 343 guilty spark, and considering light speed is now availiable it shouldnt take thaT long :eek:

blindrocket
01-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Yeah, it's available, but what's he gonna do? Hitchhike? :D

batman46st
01-14-2002, 09:43 AM
there has to be he said in the end right after the cyber chix said well its over now right? master chief goes nope we're just gettng started. i like in the ending how the souldier hugs the convinent and sais i thats it hold me. lol freaking funny. and then man it ****ed me off that he took his helmet off and didnt let us see him.. its the scorpion and subzero thing all over again.. if u dont get it alot of peole wanted to see wat they looked like in the start of the mk games.

StudioAlex
01-14-2002, 11:35 AM
They have a prequel book out? Awesome! Where can I pick it up? I hope that the sequels won't take place solely on the rings. I hope to see some action in futuristic human and covenant cities. Maybe the flood will make it to a planet at some point. My only beef with the game's story; why wouldn't the humans and covenant join up (temporarily, of course) in order to get off the ring and destroy halo? I'm not talking about some kind of alliance, but c'mon. Yer a covenant general, and this human cyborg has been kickin yer a$$ all by his lonesome, and now this new, seemingly unstoppable enemy appears. Wouldn't logic dictate at least a temporary partnership? Maybe the secret ending alludes to a new sense of love and brotherhood between covenant and humans.

Whisper
01-14-2002, 11:43 AM
well the covenant speak english so an alliance could occur in the sequel...

I just beat the game about 15 minutes ago... what an ending... the warthog run in the last 6 minutes is amazing... my heart was pounding... gee i really want a sequel

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Keep in mind that if you play Legendary mode, there is a different ending. So, get back to it! You have a whole new mode to play on...the ending is longer and it sings "SEQUEL" all over it...that's all I will say for now :D

JJaX
01-14-2002, 02:19 PM
beating it on legendary is the real reward. THe +10 second ending is not the reward.

E Nomini Patri
01-14-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by WhiteWynter
considering light speed is now availiable it shouldnt take thaT long :eek:

343 Guilty Spark said the pulse had an effective range of about 25,000 light years. A light year is the distance light travels in a year. So even if you travel at exactly light speed, it will take 25,000 years to get out of the pulses range or to another Halo (if there even is one...). So, all I have to say is, :eek: !!!!

Whisper
01-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Im not even going to try to beat it on legendary.... I would never make it... especially once i reach The Library and 343 Guilty Spark, and everything after....

the flood are tough even on easy

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
Im not even going to try to beat it on legendary.... I would never make it... especially once i reach The Library and 343 Guilty Spark, and everything after....

Dude, play it on Co-op...it's awesome! :D

StudioAlex
01-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
beating it on legendary is the real reward. THe +10 second ending is not the reward.

While I admire your do or die spirit, I really thought the ending was comepletely worth it. It was totally unexpected, whereas everyone thinks all it is is that you get to see the Master Chief's face. Dude doesn't even have a name, how could he have a face?

JJaX
01-15-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

While I admire your do or die spirit, I really thought the ending was comepletely worth it. It was totally unexpected, whereas everyone thinks all it is is that you get to see the Master Chief's face. Dude doesn't even have a name, how could he have a face?

His name is John 117 a leader of a elite miltary project called the spartan Project, there was many like him. Hes not a cyborg, Hes a geneticly(SP?) enhanched human. And cortana is actually modeled after a woman that was involved in this project. If you read the fall of reach the official prequel to HALO you would know this :D

Read the book and you get truck loads of cool backround info.

How they got the jump coordinates for halo.
How they met the covenent.
How The "HALO" marines were created.
How we got the cocenent shield tech.
Master chiefs training....

ETC.........

JJaX
01-15-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k

The flood really isnt that difficult if fought properly. On legendary Id rather be fighting the flood then a pack of jackals and a few elites. Trust me.

batman46st
01-15-2002, 01:44 PM
after hours of beating my brain and controler fromt he stress i beat it saw the ending i think the only diffrence was the the hug the covinent and the other army dude shared a hug while the planet blewup i recorded it i was gonna send it to xma. and ninja is right the ending isnt the reward im now legendaryn halo people will see my shield with blades and skull on it.

JJaX
01-15-2002, 02:20 PM

you mean you agree with me.

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 02:49 PM
I agree with Jjax in that beating Legendary is a notable task...and, man...it really improved my gaming for Halo...so, beware of the attack of Maximus coming this summer when we do some on-line action...it's going to be messy :D

StudioAlex
01-15-2002, 03:03 PM

His name is John 117 a leader of a elite miltary project called the spartan Project, there was many like him. Hes not a cyborg, Hes a geneticly(SP?) enhanched human. And cortana is actually modeled after a woman that was involved in this project. If you read the fall of reach the official prequel to HALO you would know this :D

Read the book and you get truck loads of cool backround info.

How they got the jump coordinates for halo.
How they met the covenent.
How The "HALO" marines were created.
How we got the cocenent shield tech.
Master chiefs training....

ETC.........

Thanks for the info. Can I get the book at a video game store, or only a book store. And if he isn't a cyborg, why do the grunts keep yelling "It's that cyborg!". Also, check out the first paragraph of page 8 in the instruction book, "Genetically-engineered cyborg soldiers in state of the art battle suits."

JJaX
01-15-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Thanks for the info. Can I get the book at a video game store, or only a book store. And if he isn't a cyborg, why do the grunts keep yelling "It's that cyborg!". Also, check out the first paragraph of page 8 in the instruction book, "Genetically-engineered cyborg soldiers in state of the art battle suits."

cy·borg (sbôrg)
n.
A human who has certain physiological processes aided or controlled by mechanical or electronic devices.

Pick up the book at any book store. Just ask for "Halo:fall of reach"

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 03:22 PM
Maximus (n. 'max-i-muss)

- A legendary fighter of Halo that enjoys kicking ass and taking prisoners. 2. A person to beware of this summer if you dare to go on-line.

:D