PDA

View Full Version : Videogame Award Shows

XBA Staff
01-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Well over the the years the videogame consols has dramaticly changed from being just an household family toy to a major form of entertainment. Also over the years the videogame industry has became more competetive. So how does a annual Videogame Award show sound?

Every year February 2nd in a different city each year, there could be a annual Videogame award show where all major companies show up and big names like Sega/Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft shows up. There could be awards like best 3rd party controller or Sexiest Videogame. Example: There could be a Best FPS shooter of the year award, and Halo wins it, then some of the head developers from Bungie will go up and accept the award. The award will look like a 1 1/2 Foot Golden Trophy with and Controller on the top.

Also between awards there could be known bands their to perform music.

The show would be 3 hours long. The host of the shows will range from people like Carson Daily to Coolio. Also at the end the final award will be Platform of the Year and that will be between Xbox/Gamecube/PlayStation 2/PC. Also there will be a award for the best fansite for each platform, for for the Xbox it will be something like Xboxaddict.com vs TeamXbox.com vs FunXbox.com or something like that. And there will be an award between IGN and Gamespot.

To get into the show alone you will have to be 16+ it won't be like E3 where you have to be 18+ to get in. Ticket prices will range from $50 per person to $300 per person. Saldy these awards won't be decided by us the fans, the awards will be decided by 30 game experts/cridicts.

The show will air on TECH TV.

Also more awards will be like Best Videogame Magazine and Videogame Commercial of the Year.

I know this thread was very long but what do you think?

VAN
01-13-2002, 08:58 PM
tyrell, I was with ya up until the part about possible show hosts being Carson Daily and Coolio. :D

XBA Staff
01-13-2002, 09:14 PM
tyrell, I was with ya up until the part about possible show hosts being Carson Daily and Coolio.

Well I didn't know who else to pick....any suggestions?

DIGITAL
01-14-2002, 03:34 AM
or maybe junkyard dog,i hope this site wins

xboxpebbles
01-14-2002, 05:04 AM
wow...that would be neat to watch..
whats tech tv though??
lol..is it really on tv?
thanks!

XBA Staff
01-14-2002, 06:09 AM
wow...that would be neat to watch..
whats tech tv though??
lol..is it really on tv?
thanks!

TECH TV is only offered in some cable district areas with digital cable. But all satiellite companies offer TECH TV for free.

TECH TV is what the name is... TECHnology. It is a channel all about computers and new technology in the world. TECH TV also has a videogame show that's called Extended Play.

TECH TV also does live coverage at E3 every year.

:cool:

noodleboy
01-14-2002, 07:00 AM
Why Groundhog Day??

Whisper
01-14-2002, 07:45 AM
good idea, too bad it will never happen :(

Hugh_Jass
01-14-2002, 08:15 AM
I've never been a big fan of award shows. I probably wouldn't watch it or care who won.

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Award Shows always seem to screw someone over when it's all said and done.
Just look at how the Academy Awards, they are always every year screwing over Denzel Washington. :mad:

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 02:12 PM
Sounds great, Tyrell....If anyone happens to miss it, would you mind giving us an update or list of the winners in each category? That would be great!

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Sounds great, Tyrell....If anyone happens to miss it, would you mind giving us an update or list of the winners in each category? That would be great!

it would also be great if you could go get me some nacho's or something while im in the forum posting like a mad man!:eek:

Frostberg
01-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Grrr when I had DirectTV I received Tech TV...now I have fake digital cable and I dont get it...I like in the "analog" area! Grr...this was suppost to be upgraded 2 years ago when MediaOne was the cable company, now AT&T Broadband it the cable company and they say it will take 6 months, but now Comcast bought them and it will prolly take at least a year...and on top of that I bought Digital cable because I thought it was the real digital cable, but it is a cheap cable box because I am in the analog area...tisk tisk tisk...oh yeah and the worst part is that on the other side of the road which goes into my subdivision, they have real broadband, and have real digital cable!

XBA Staff
01-14-2002, 05:19 PM
Man I feel sorry for you Frostberg.

Frostberg
01-14-2002, 06:07 PM
And I miss Leo...and of course extended play!

LynxFX
01-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
tyrell, I was with ya up until the part about possible show hosts being Carson Daily and Coolio. :D

LOL I was going to say the same thing.

XBA Staff
01-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Many people say that something like this will never happen. But as the years progress I expect something like this to happen, maybe in the year 2005 or 2006, but this will happen and it won't be too long for it to happen.

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 10:52 AM
I think it's great for the gaming industry to have award shows...that way I might be able to see games that I never thought I would choose for some particular reason and not know what I am missing. Actually, what the hell am I saying!??! I know what's good and what's not...I am a member at www.xboxaddict.com! Sorry, beer brain freeze :eek: