PDA

View Full Version : I Got An Unopened HALO XBOX Bundle Here, Need Advice!

DOOM
04-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Can Anyone Tell Me If There Is Any Difference In This System Other than It's Being Green. Is the Halo 2 Demo Any Different Than What We Have Seen So Far? I Am Thinking About Selling My Old XBOX (LAUNCH) And Keep The New HALO One, Even Though My Old One Works Fine. Which SN's Should I Avoid (If Any) & Which Are the Best Drives (If there Really Is A Difference),
Thank's!!! :hump:
SN Begins With 60 & Ends With 05...

Yankeez
04-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Can Anyone Tell Me If There Is Any Difference In This System Other than It's Being Green. Is the Halo 2 Demo Any Different Than What We Have Seen So Far? I Am Thinking About Selling My Old XBOX (LAUNCH) And Keep This Bad Boy, Even Though My Old One Works Fine. Which SN's Should I Avoid (If Any) & Which Are the Best Drives (If there Really Is A Difference),
Thank's!!! :hump:
SN Begins With 60 & Ends With 05...

its the same ol xbox just in a new case, the halo 2 demo is the same demo uve already seen on the internet million times, there is no playable demo

all the drives are good, even thomson they dont make the old versions of thomsons anymroe so they all run well

thrAsher
04-15-2004, 09:57 PM
How long does it take you to type out a post w/ caps like that?

Really?

Oh, and Halo is overrated, much like Yankeez. I mean...no, nope, that's what I meant.

DOOM
04-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Do You Think Its Worth It... My Old One (Which Is A Thompson) Still works Fine...
It'''s A Launch...
Thanks...

No Fear 23
04-15-2004, 10:01 PM
the only difference is that the green one is the special edition as in 'collectible' and will be very rare in the future since only 200,000 are made.

CMX Jedi
04-15-2004, 10:09 PM
you should keep your old xbox, than if a friend comes over you can lan or you can have him/her play on live with you.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-15-2004, 10:10 PM
the only difference is that the green one is the special edition as in 'collectible' and will be very rare in the future since only 200,000 are made.
Very Rare? I think not :p. 200,000 is a large number.

Bakeman
04-15-2004, 11:43 PM
isn't 200,000 still a small portion of the total number of xbox's made????

I'd bet if you just keep the whole thing in it's packaging some time down the road it would be a nice collectable item. Could probably get more money for it then. Or not, I don't know ;)

Highlite23
04-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Well when it comes to collectables and limited editions being worth something down the line...I wouldn't bank on it.

But as far as a unique item for your video game world, it's great. 200,000 is a small number in the grand scheme of things, so it's going to be limited, but not super rare.

I got one, it's sitting on my shelf not even plugged in, I just thought it was a unique item, I already have 2 other xboxes running, so it was just cool to have, not much else.

I say keep it along with your launch unit. :)

DOOM
04-16-2004, 06:20 AM
I Really Dont Have Mutch Use For Two XBOX's, Not Many People Coming Over To Play LAN Anyway... I'll Prob Just Sell My O'le Trusty Thompson Launch XBOX In My Shop...
I Just Hope This New HALO Green One Works As Good!
This Is Why I'm Asking...

SoundX
04-16-2004, 07:37 AM
I got a crystal xbox and a original launch xbox, reason i got the new crystal one was because the old one is a thompson.

Unless there's something wrong with your old one, I don't see the point of keeping the second. (Unless your a big LAN fan)

Don't alot people just get hold of the green cases and stick em on there old one?

CMX Jedi
04-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I Really Dont Have Mutch Use For Two XBOX's, Not Many People Coming Over To Play LAN Anyway... I'll Prob Just Sell My O'le Trusty Thompson Launch XBOX In My Shop...
I Just Hope This New HALO Green One Works As Good!
This Is Why I'm Asking...
well if your going to sell it make sure you copy the game saves over to the halo one.dont want to loose your saved games. :D

DOOM
04-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Holy Crap!!
I Just Got It Going & When I Put In HALO (Mine Is A Thompson Drive), It Played Till I Chose The Demos Option.
Then I Got The RED LIGHT OF PAIN!!! (NoOoOOoOoOo!)
I Then Thuned It Off N Started Her Up Again, Went Through The Same Steps, N Now Its Working Fine...
Is This Common With New XBOX's Or Should I Be Sending It Back To The Distributer For Another...
Like I Said It Seems To Be Working Fine Now... I Tested Like Thirty Games In It Allready... Maby It Was Just A First Boot Glitch?
Thank's!

AlBoogy
04-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Send It Back As Soon As Possible, Trust Me

Brutus
04-16-2004, 11:47 AM
well if your going to sell it make sure you copy the game saves over to the halo one.dont want to loose your saved games. :D
Or the man hours you'd spent burning all of those CD's and naming those songs!

SoundX
04-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Red means it needs repairing or something doesn't it?

But if it's only happend once, I wouldn't worry, you have a whole year of warranty to make sure it's fine, it would be real annoying sending it back if it works completely well.

l Maximus l
04-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Holy Crap!!
I Just Got It Going & When I Put In HALO (Mine Is A Thompson Drive), It Played Till I Chose The Demos Option.
Then I Got The RED LIGHT OF PAIN!!! (NoOoOOoOoOo!)
I Then Thuned It Off N Started Her Up Again, Went Through The Same Steps, N Now Its Working Fine...
Is This Common With New XBOX's Or Should I Be Sending It Back To The Distributer For Another...
Like I Said It Seems To Be Working Fine Now... I Tested Like Thirty Games In It Allready... Maby It Was Just A First Boot Glitch?
Thank's!

Errr...that's a bad sign, man. I'd send that puppy back ASAP and get a replacement. Don't sweat the Thomson drive...they work just fine. I have two XBoxes and one is a Thomson and the other is a Samsung drive...I can't tell between them both...except my Thomson one seems to be quieter.

SoundX
04-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Yeah my old launch Thompson is way quieter too, it's pritty annoying this new one isn't one actualy, my Dad can hear my Xbox's Pur when I'm playing games in the middle of the night and comes in and busts me.

DOOM
04-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Man, I Swaped My Original Halo XBOX (Which Was Malfunctioning) For Another HALO XBOX N This One Works AwEsOmE!!!
The First Halo XBOX I Had Was A Thompson Drive,
This New One Is A Phillips...
Mutch Quieter & Seems A Bit Faster In the Loading Department...
Very Happy!!!

ShannonX
04-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah my old launch Thompson is way quieter too, it's pritty annoying this new one isn't one actualy, my Dad can hear my Xbox's Pur when I'm playing games in the middle of the night and comes in and busts me.

does he sleep in your bedroom or something? if not, thats a pretty loud xbox, makes my pc sound quiet.

Rooster
04-23-2004, 02:00 AM
The Halo X Box has the different Hard drive and a few other things, plus it is much lighter!!! And I tested 10 games on the Halo one, all of them loaded faster, animated better, had better sound and just seemed to run much better with this version of it. I just posted a thread about this in the main board if anyone is interested about it more.

Brutus
04-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah. I hear that it does all that and uses less electricity too! ANd it is quiter and can even beat up your old xbox, bare handed.
Yeah.