PDA

View Full Version : ESPN confidence Meter

CharlieHustle
04-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I had espn baseball since it came out , and i finally started a season mode. I read all the reviews, and they(ign, gamespot) stated that the confidence of each player are just for that game, and resetted after every game. Its not true, they carry over from every game. I play with the cards now and we got woodsheded by the astros 2 games str8. If the confidence of each individual player was resetted, then my players wouldnt be all the way to the left in the top of the first inning, they would be in the middle. The only person who is having a good season so far is Edgar Renteria who is the only person in the yellow. Once a player is in a slump, it is very hard to get them out of it. I just go for contact swings, instead of goin yard just to try to get their confidence back up. My record so far is 2-4, i just beat the braves last night in the bottom of the ninth with a walk off HR with Pujols.

Brutus
04-16-2004, 01:09 PM
You sound like me and hockey, man!
I play that game so much that I think I'm addicted.
It sounds cool how you're talking about the players habits and emotions.
Same with ESPN NHL!! It makes me consider getting the ESPN MLB! IT's exciting to see the players all act those ways. Different each and every game. It's awesome.
I might consider picking up the Baseball, but no way I could play everygame.
Maybe the Short 24 game season!

CharlieHustle
04-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Actually im playin a 24 game season now, just to see what diffuculty level to play on. But this game is very addictive, i love it more offline than online. Im goin to finish this season then start a franchise, play about 2 seasons, then play GM mode with all fictional players. Im goin to jump back online as soon as i get accustomed to batting, or shall i say, get my timing down. What i love about this game is that when the cpu confidence goes down, their location goes with it. John smoltz confidence went to the cellar, and he walked the bases loaded, thats when i went yard with Pujols.