PDA

View Full Version : About copying data from Xbox to Xbox

Satch
04-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Hey, well, I should know this already, but I understand that you can copy your music and game saves from you hard drive to another Xbox hard drive right? A friend and I would like to hold each other's data as a backup in case of a hard drive failure/whatever other kind of problem that could effect game saves and music. I have a crossover lan cable to connect the two systems, so could someone tell me how to copy the data?

Casper
04-16-2004, 01:49 PM
You can copy game saves with memory cards. As for music, you can try using Music Maker and see if that'll work, but I never used it.

As for trying to backup data for a hardware failure - get a warranty and don't try to be a pirate.

l Maximus l
04-16-2004, 04:42 PM
The Music Mixer works sweet...if you want some tunes that are on your PC and want them onto your XBox, get the Music Mixer...it's pretty bad ass :)

Satch
04-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah I already knew about the memory card deal and the music mixer, but I thought there was a way to send it straight from hard drive to hard drive with a LAN cable....so what about big games like Morrowind? I think it's too big to save on a memory card :watchout:

WynnFire
04-16-2004, 11:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I just got the new Green Halo Xbox and would like to get all my game saves from my first xbox to my new one. I guess I will stick with Music Mixer (copies music pretty fast) since all the music and mp3's on my computer hard drive are on my xbox hard drive.

GuiltySpark
04-17-2004, 12:06 AM
If you have a phillips drive in your xbox then you can play burned cd's on it. just an alternative to buying the music mixer...

SoundX
04-17-2004, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I was going to get the Music Mixer but I found out my new Xbox could play copied CD's. Getting one CDRW to convert it all over is a better way.

It would be cool if LAN connection could transfer saves, it would make things alot easier but.. ah well..

LoL, is it funny how nearly everyone here now has more than one Xbox for some reason? Weird.