PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami - April 21st!!!

CrazyCougar
04-16-2004, 02:16 PM
It seems that one of the mods over at xbox.com let the cat out of the bag. All his posts have now been deleted by that Major guy. Anyhow, the leak stated that Xbox live will be out of service for 24 hours at apporximately 14:00 GMT on April 21st for upgrades to the system and such. He stated when they come back online Xbox live will be better than ever. Hence , Tsunami.

An official announcement is supposed to be made sometime this afternoon. Guess they figured they have to now, since someone already oooopsed. LOL!

EDIT : Crap!! Posted this in the wrong forum...I hate these new forums!!!!!!!! LOL!

CrazyCougar
04-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Just quoted from Major Nelson at xbox.com :

Xbox Live will be unavailable for approximately 24 hours to upgrade the service and add new features starting at 6:01 am PDT on Wednesday 04/21/2004. During this downtime, Xbox.com, (including these forums) may be unavailable intermittently.

You will be automatically prompted when you login for the first time after the system upgrade to download the free update for your Xbox.

This is part of the upgrade that has been previously announced.

It is important to understand that this is the first step as we lay the foundation for the exciting features that are included in this upgrade. It’s also important to note that not all features will be available after the upgrade, and most will not be visible until game developers decide to implement specific features into their titles. Additionally, the MSN messenger integration that you have read about is not included in this release, and will be coming after this upgrade. I don’t know the date yet, as there is still messenger work that needs to be done once we get this first step of the upgrade live.

Please hold all your questions about the upgrade until after it is complete.

Thanks for your understanding and I’ll see you on Xbox Live !

There ya have it folks.

LTM360
04-16-2004, 02:21 PM
...awesome. I didn't expect them this soon, now tournaments and such will be easier. Can't wait.

jesusphreak
04-18-2004, 09:12 AM
...awesome. I didn't expect them this soon, now tournaments and such will be easier. Can't wait.

If I'm not mistaken, tournaments won't be around anytime soon. We will have to wait until new games actually put this in their software. So more than likely, it will by Halo 2 for tournies.