PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell or Ninja Gaidan???

zero_ilesm
04-16-2004, 05:34 PM
What do you think is better, Ninja Gaindan or Splinter cell PT. I know they are totally different games but I wanted to see what people think.

JJaX
04-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Rent them, and see what you like better.

I think they are BOTH must owns.

Kyle Static
04-16-2004, 06:12 PM
I personally just despise PT, I played the pc demo and absolutley hated it. It was a huge letdown IMO.

CarGuy
04-16-2004, 06:32 PM
SC... I finally just beat the first level of NG and it's just too hard for me.. I hate playing levels over and over just to get through a game. Not my idea of fun..

Ninjermy
04-16-2004, 06:37 PM
ninja gaiden. i havent played SC PT but i did play SC1 and LOVED IT. i just LOVE ninja gaiden MORE! but only get ninja gaiden if you are a real gamer and dont mind getting extremely frusturated at some points

Shadow20002
04-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Ninja Gaiden for sure !!! :)

Xorg
04-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Xbox Live - Splinter Cell
No Live - Ninja Gaiden

kenji
04-16-2004, 10:53 PM
I have played Ninja Gaiden and I love it. It is fast-paced and gory, and with a bunch of weapons to use and the extreme diffuculty of the game, you'll be paying for a long-time. And the graphics, they are so good and smooth, it's the best I have ever seen.

I haven't played SP: PT, but slowed paced games are usually not my style, though I did enjoy SP.

ghost 009
04-17-2004, 12:07 AM
With Ninja Gaiden I have never wanted to throw my controller into my tv soo much in my life. Its a good game but I just need to take a break from it. I don't have ninja gaiden but my brother does and I rented it. I wouldn't get sc:pt unless you have live because I thought I wasn't even halfway through the game but I am almost finished.

SoundX
04-17-2004, 07:04 AM
I'm addicted to Splinter Cell PT it's awsome. But if I had to pick one, based on originality it would go to NG.

CharlieHustle
04-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Easy answer, GET BOTH!!! You wont be disappointed.

wbio
04-18-2004, 05:46 PM
I would get SC: PT, mainly because NG is so hard, and I just hate that, lol. I don't like getting real pissed off about games, but NG will sure do it to you. But if your looking for a good challenge, you'll like NG

CRAYMAN
04-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Ninja Gaiden did the same thing for action hack-n-slash games that Halo did for the FPS.

It raised the bar so high, that all other titles for a while in the same genre will be repeatedly compared to it and be found lacking/wanting/disappointing.

The Executioner
04-18-2004, 06:58 PM
OXM sais to go with Ninja Gaiden, and thats what I would go with too. Ninja Gaiden is more challanging and you spend the most time playing and not looking for servers. It really comes down to do you want the great xbox live title or the greatest single player to date, I would generally go with the xbox live title but I will go with ninja gaiden because it is just soooo good.

Brutus
04-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Xbox Live - Splinter Cell
No Live - Ninja Gaiden
mY COVER FOR NG SAYS IT SUPPORT'S LIVE.
I DON'T HAVE LIVE. ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT SUPPORTS?
NG gameplay! or just some wierd Live Aware stuff?

JJaX
04-19-2004, 02:18 PM
mY COVER FOR NG SAYS IT SUPPORT'S LIVE.
I DON'T HAVE LIVE. ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT SUPPORTS?
NG gameplay! or just some wierd Live Aware stuff?

If you actually read the back, you can see what features it has.

Im sure NG says XBL scoreboards.

Splinter-Seal
04-19-2004, 02:39 PM
This is just opinion.

If you own, or have played the first Splinter Cell, there is really no need to mess with Pandora Tomorrow -it is in my opinion, more of the same, and less impressive. Yes, it has online play, but that is mediocre at best. I have worked my way up to a level 3 in the online portion of the game, and have became totally bored with it -that fast. Basically I thought Pandora Tomorrow was a flop.

Ninja Gaiden, while difficult in it's own respect, is still one of the most wonderful masterpieces I have ever played. Ninja Gaiden gets my vote.

Again, this is mere opinion.

CRAYMAN
04-19-2004, 03:18 PM
If you actually read the back, you can see what features it has.

Im sure NG says XBL scoreboards.

what about downloadable content?

JJaX
04-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Im sure the downloadable content will be the maps you will be playing to compete in the Master Ninja Tournaments. (ie.: Use of Scoreboards)

terrafirma
04-19-2004, 03:24 PM
i like pandora tomorrow better, but its because when online its so much more fun. i've never played ninja gaiden online anyone have any reviews on how it is?? i want to get xbl so badly, just havnt got enough cash :D anyways ninja gaiden is a really fun game too, and i like it because its hard/challenging. i hate games that you beat in like 3 days, thats a waste of money.

Brutus
04-19-2004, 03:43 PM
NG:
Last night, I tried to get on the Master Ninja Tournament and it told me that I need LIVE in order to access it.
Anyone here that has LIVE that can Clarify what & the heck this is; your reply is pleasing.

JJaX
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Last time i checked, It brought me to a message informing me that the Master Ninja Tournament has not started yet etc....

Im sure once its all ready to go, It will be on every Xbox fan sites front page.

Spaztic
04-19-2004, 03:59 PM
This is a tough one....I would go with NG though....just because I am partial to ninjas!

The Executioner
04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Let's keep it all in one thread guy's.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55177