PDA

View Full Version : I WANT MMORPGs on the XBOX!!!

jesusphreak
04-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Massively Multiplayer Online Games...just about the most addicting type of game ever...

True Fantasy Online? I mean...I'm really wondering if this will be any good.

I want to see some real titles come to the 'Box. Maybe World of WarCraft or Asheron's Call 1 or 2? I'd love to see that...I just wonder why Microsoft hasn't capitalized on it...it would be a lot of fun.

Too bad Star Wars Galaxies got cancelled for XBOX....

Cryogenic Pyro
04-16-2004, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't even play Star Wars Galaxies if it was free. What a horrible game. We need to see a REAL MMORPG come to the Xbox if any, not SWG. We also don't really need an MMORPG on the Xbox, we have computers for them, but, True Fantasy Live Online looks like it will be good.

CarGuy
04-16-2004, 06:38 PM
You and me both bud...

Tetsuo
04-16-2004, 07:01 PM
I wonder why the xbox has almost completely ignored RPGs in general. It claims it's for the "hard-core" gamer, no one is more hard core than RPG junkies!
Who else will stay up all hours of the night, forsake food and drink, barely go to the bathroom, ignore personal hygiene, let human relationships fail, and spend a minimum of one hundred realtime hours playing their game of choice. How many cheesy driving/sports/dance/FPS/hack-and-slash games will we have to suffer through before they increase their library of three RPG's! (p.s. do you think I'm bitter?)

SnoochyBoochy
04-16-2004, 07:42 PM
the first thing that comes to mind when i think of an mmorpg is monthly fees. this would totally turn me off of a game.

first you pay for xbox live, pay for the game and then pay to play! BS if you ask me...

Mr.Potatohead
04-16-2004, 07:50 PM
ya we need a mmorpg on the xbox for sure but i dont think they will make you pay to play the game. it wold be great to have a game like vereguest or something phantasy star online was pretty good but i bought it for game cube then i found out it was coming out on the xbox and i got so mad but i didn't buy xbox to a year latter.

:hump: :huh: :( :watchout:

Variation-XBA
04-16-2004, 10:30 PM
True Fantasy Online? I mean...I'm really wondering if this will be any good.

Maybe World of WarCraft or Asheron's Call 1 or 2? I'd love to see that...I just wonder why Microsoft hasn't capitalized on it

Too bad Star Wars Galaxies got cancelled for XBOX....

TFLO will be VERY interesting, since it will be completely voice....

AC2 is a joke and a horrible MMO... let it die :P MMO's arnt the "norm" yet, cause alot of people are still uptight about paying the monthly fees, when most don't understand why they pay them.

SWG was boring as well.... glad it didnt come :P

Tweaked
04-17-2004, 02:21 AM
WoW is good, I'm in beta :) as for AC2/1 ha funny, SWG...I like watching wookies dance to heal me thank you very much, hmm what else, FFXI..okie lets not go there, Phantasy Star Online is a great title! Try it out man, I loved it on the D'Cast

Cryogenic Pyro
04-17-2004, 02:34 AM
I wouldn't say Phantasy Star Online is a great title, but it is good. It's far from an MMORPG though. Sega just likes to make people without any knowledge of MMORPGs to pay a monthly fee for it. If they didn't do this, I'd play it. Since they do, I don't.

I played the trial of Dark Age of Camelot, and I must say, it's pretty good for MMORPG standards. I wish I would've gotten into the WoW Beta, but I never did. I thought I had almost no chance of not getting in because my system specs were so wierd at the time. Fast CPU, 4 year old video card. Now I've got a 9600 Pro :D.