PDA

View Full Version : Amped disk not recognized

burner
01-13-2002, 10:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has had the Amped disk be rejected by their xbox? I have had it happen twice. The first time the game froze during play and finally the message screen about an incompatible disk came up. I ejected and re-inserted the disk an all was well. The next time it happened was as soon as I put the disk in. Again, I took the disk out and put it back in and it worked. Seems freaky to me, either defective Amped disk or my xbox is glitchin' up on me. I have also experienced some other lower-level glitches if anyone is interested I can post them.

GokuX
01-13-2002, 10:30 PM
Sure what were they?

XBA Staff
01-14-2002, 06:29 AM
I rented Amped at Blockbuster a while back and I had no problems with it.

burner
01-14-2002, 07:38 AM
During a career I started a game. The xbox took a really long time to load the level, I thought it was going to choke on the disk. When it finally did come up, the trail throught the snow from the boarder was black! I called Xbox, they said it was probably a corupted save game? I said what are you talking about? They told me I needed to erase it and start over... like it was no big deal. I told him I thought he was nuts and I couldn't understand how a save can get corrupted.

This leads me to ask another somewhat related question. How will the xbox deal with harddrive defragmentation? If you go erasing games and adding and removing soundtracks it seems like the drive will get fragmented. Will MS release a defrag tool when xbox gets online? Is there some defrag utility embedded in the OS? I think xbox runs on a stripped down winXP kernel. I know XP still requires disk defrag. Any comments?

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 02:08 PM
The levels load kind of slow on Amped for some reason. But, I think I can wait the extra second and a half to play this intense and amazing game without any problems :D

burner
01-14-2002, 10:35 PM
I am trying to find out if I have a defective disk.

GokuX
01-15-2002, 03:44 AM
Black trails, that's a new one for me. Well to start off Amped seems to take a bit longer to load than some other games. The selection screens lag when switching between em. You press the controller button and nothing happens cuz it loads while the menus switch. I can't quite see how a corrupted save game could cause black trails. That could be a sign of a bad disk, which I'd consider first before it being an Xbox problem provided U haven't experienced graphical glitching in other games. The best thing would be to rent the game rather than go through the hassle of exchanging it for a new one when it may not be disk related. If ya get the same problem on another disk then I'd think it could be hardware related, whether its a cd lens thing or a chipset defect. Let us know how it turns out with a different disk ok.

BTW Maximus...

I think I can wait the extra second and a half to play this intense and amazing game without any problems
U sound like one of those "not a payed actor" type people on an infomercial that suspiciously says good things about the product......hehe.

burner
01-15-2002, 06:28 AM
GokuX, the only other game I have noticed any problems with is Dave Mirra. I figured that was because it was just a port. But on my xbox the screen will freeze for a second and then resume. Its kind of annoying.

Thanks for the hint on renting the amped game before trying to get a new one.:cool:

Hugh_Jass
01-15-2002, 11:39 AM
I haven't had any problems with Amped.

LynxFX
01-15-2002, 11:44 AM
No problems with Amped either and I have had it since launch.

It does lag between menus which is kind of annoying but awesome game.

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by GokuX

BTW Maximus...

U sound like one of those "not a payed actor" type people on an infomercial that suspiciously says good things about the product......hehe.

lol...dude, that's pretty funny....lol....actually, I am serious...I like Amped as much as I like Halo....it's definately one of my favorite games of all time :) Minus the black trails of course :p

LynxFX
01-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Yeah don't confuse Black Trails with Black Diamond Trails. :D Now there are some runs that I would never go down in real life...oh wait that is like the entire game. :eek: I get a nose bleed just thinking about Altiban 2

burner
01-15-2002, 11:59 AM
lol...dude, that's pretty funny....lol....actually, I am serious...I like Amped as much as I like Halo....it's definately one of my favorite games of all time Minus the black trails of course

I guess the last line was an attempt at humor, an unsuccessful attempt.

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by burner

lol...dude, sorry to hear that you have issues with Amped. I would take GokuX's advice and rent Amped to see if you are still having the same problems with the black trails. If not, return your game...if so, return your XBox.

LynxFX
01-15-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by burner

Phew, tough crowd.

Brian
01-15-2002, 03:33 PM
Jeez, was there dirt or dust on your CD? :eek:

Brian
01-15-2002, 03:33 PM
..it's the most common problem with these types of things happening.

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Phew, tough crowd.

No kidding....it appears that burner woke up on the wrong side of the cave or something...;)

batman46st
01-15-2002, 04:25 PM
and i want amped for wat i hear tonyhawks 2x right guys :D hehehehe