PDA

View Full Version : ToCa Race Driver 2 - Newest "MUST GET"

Gameman732
04-18-2004, 10:37 AM
ToCA Race Driver 2: Ultimate Racing simulator

If you like driving games, You owe it to yourself to GET THIS GAME! A word of warning though ~ This game ISN'T for everyone. If you looking for Rallisport type handling on the rally tracks... Sorry.PGR2 racing Gods... Your skills will not help you here.

The car handling is, in a word, realistic. Give it too much gas and you'll surely spin out. Settings are available for height, brake bias, gears, etc. Think "Grand Turismo lite" and you've just about got it. Unlike a lot of other racing games, ToCA Race Driver 2 features realistic vehicle damage. So realistic, in fact, that you can lose a race because you've totaled your ride, because of engine failure or other mechanical issues. Hit someone/something too hard and you're through, be it from a broken axle, busted wheel or straight up engine or tranny failure. It's a fantastic touch that will either frustrate you immensely or, make you take your racing seriously. Take that paint swappers on PGR2. :)

ToCA will not knock PGR2 & the upcoming RSC2 in graphics, but it does hold it's own by comparison. The graphics shine when speaking of the in-game car models. All of the vehicles look amazingly like their real-World counterparts and have that "PGR2" shine. Crashing that beautiful,shiny ride hurts ya more than it does in PGR. That speaks well for the real-time deformation. Kiss a rail/wall/other vehicle in Toca2 and it'll crush, crumple and deform like a real car would. Glass, tires and even doors will fly off the car depending on how hard you hit.

Head-to-head Xbox Live functionality.

31 licensed and fictional global race locations offering 48 tracks including
Hockenheim from the German DTM series and Surfers Paradise from the Australian V8 series.
35 high performance cars, including Ford GT, Aston Martin Vanquish, Jaguar XKR, Nissan Skyline GT-R and AMG-Mercedes CLK.
First person interactive story line.
Up to 21 cars on the track at once, battling for position.
All-new render engine, which allows for 60 frame per second graphics.
Game info http://www.codemasters.com/tocarace...2/aboutgame.php
Click the Tracks and Cars link on right-hand side of the page!

Ninja
04-18-2004, 10:59 AM
The May OXM Issue has a demo of this.

Gameman732
04-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeppers!

The demo, although nice, doesn't really show the greatness of this game. For those reluctant to part with $30.00 (Cheapskates :D ) I urge you to rent this one at least. I'm kinda bored with PGR2 (where's the DL content?) so TOCA 2 fills the void nicely! :cheers:

Ninja
04-18-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm sticking with PGR2.

CrazyCougar
04-19-2004, 07:58 PM
I played the demo, and while it was good I'll be saving my bux for Rallisport Challenge 2 coming in 2 weeks. Cant wait !!!!!

Gameman732
04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
I played the demo, and while it was good I'll be saving my bux for Rallisport Challenge 2 coming in 2 weeks. Cant wait !!!!!

Can't say I blame you but, are you sure of the release date for RSC2? I thought it was pushed back to June. I hope you're right & I'm wrong.

TheWheelMan
04-21-2004, 12:10 AM
I personally really didnt like TOCA race driver 2 it was ok :D but i dont see ever playing it again

CrazyCougar
04-21-2004, 10:15 AM
It better not be pushed back!!!!! Thats what I told my wife I want for my birthday, which falls on May 4th with the release of RC2. She would probably try to find me some sort of replacement gift and that scares me!..LOL!

But I had heard nothing of it being pushed back, I'll have to do some digging.

Gameman732
04-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Nope...Not pushed back

Pre-Release 5/4/2004
http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?keyword=Rallisport+Challenge+2&platform=26&filter=0&lookin=title&rangeFrom=0&rangeTo=all&genre=21&selection=ALL&searchtype=adv&sortby=title&OrderAscDesc=Asc&imageFlag=show&statcd=&searchbutton.x=69&searchbutton.y=15

Chaotic
04-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Can you modify your cars?

GreenWeenie
04-22-2004, 08:52 AM
There is no modification, but you can actually tune them. And the greatest thing is that the changes you make actually matter unlike other Xbox attempts at tuning a car....i.e. Drop it too low and the inside tires will lift b/c your hitting the chassis on the outside...very cool.

Chaotic
04-23-2004, 08:06 AM
There is no modification, but you can actually tune them. And the greatest thing is that the changes you make actually matter unlike other Xbox attempts at tuning a car....i.e. Drop it too low and the inside tires will lift b/c your hitting the chassis on the outside...very cool.

Cool, think i will rent it... :D

Spaztic
04-23-2004, 08:17 AM
I already have NFSU so I will wait till rallysport racing 2!!!

Exprit
04-29-2004, 04:41 PM
This game really rocks !!! :hail:

Unreal
04-29-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm sticking with PGR2.
Not only this, but RalliSport Challenge Racing 2 is out next week. Save your money guys and buy that one :D

bostwick202
04-29-2004, 08:03 PM
i might pick this up after im thru w/ rallisport challenge 2

Carnage
04-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Ive been thinking about picking this up as well. 3/4 of my titles are racers though, so ill likely be renting this first (to see if its worthy) :D

SoundX
04-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah I've been looking forward to Ralisport 2 for awhile now, so I'll get that first.