PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Now I understand you folks...

DBXNY
01-14-2002, 09:57 AM
...who actually bought Mad Dash Racing and never mentioned anything about it. The X-Box magazine was actually bold enough to include a playable demo of the game on Feb's issue demo disc.

I must say, this is absolutely one of THE WORST games I've come across period. Funny thing, the concept seemed so interesting from reading the ads, but about 5 minutes into the game I had enough.

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2002, 10:02 AM
LMAO!!! The reason no one has meantioned this game is because it sucks! But the real question is did you play the Azurik demo on da disc?
That game is even worse~:eek:

DBXNY
01-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
LMAO!!! The reason no one has meantioned this game is because it sucks! But the real question is did you play the Azurik demo on da disc?
That game is even worse~:eek:

Actually, I was one of the early purchasers of Azurik. Funny thing is that Azurik actually taught me how valuable the flexible "open-packaged" return policy of Electronics Boutique was. I guess I did, however, get more play-time into Azurik than I did in Mad Dash before I got so sick of it.

Vteck3000
01-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Finally someone who agrees that AZURIK is a very very bad game. rented and played it for 10 min max.............. man was it boaring. :cool:

JJaX
01-14-2002, 10:53 AM
Microsoft regulates what goes on those demo disc. I would imagine they push games they know wont sell themselves. Thats why were always gonna be stuck with lame game demos. Your never gonna see a MGSX or halo2 demo on a OXM disc. Sorry but thats the way it is.

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 11:02 AM
Well, folks...I have to post this to defend Azurik, since I am a huge fan of the game. I will admit, my first impressions of the game were horrible...I didn't like the entire concept from the get-go. But, after I decided to put a couple hours into it, I found myself six hours later still playing the game!

Azurik is one of those games that you have to give a legitimate chance before judging it. It's one of those games that deserves this "exception to the rule", so to speak.

It's not one of those games that you can sit down and pow it out for 15 minutes at a time. It's a game that is extremely immersive...reminscient of Zelda, if you will...but, a lot better, in my opinion.

The levels are HUGE and the game, literally, gets better and better as you progress. There is over 80 hours of game play on Azurik, which is more than most traditional RPGs, though, it is more of an Action/Adventure game that has some RPG elements to it.

Let's be reasonable here, folks...what true gamer genuinly enjoys mastering a game in a mere 5 minutes? Not me...I want games that will challenge me and my skill.

Also, Azurik is one of the type of games for the intellectual gamer in that you have to remember things a long the way and you will see how this huge puzzle unravels, and all of the sudden, the game makes so much sense.

To give you a little example, I own two games that I haven't even shoved in my XBox yet since I am so entretched with Azurik. As soon as I am done, I plan on playing the two new games that I own. In fact, I haven't even taken them out of the plastic wrap! lol.... Azurik is a solid game for the intellectual player...enough said. :D

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Vteck3000
Finally someone who agrees that AZURIK is a very very bad game. rented and played it for 10 min max.............. man was it boaring. :cool:

Um.. I did'nt say Azurik was very bad,..... I said it sucked ass!

Now if maximus reads this he is gonna kill me:confused: for some crazy reason he loves this crappy ass game... go figure:eek:

i mean, how can anyone take this Poppa Smurf reject wannabe seriously? HE'S FREAKIN BLUE FOR CRYING OUT LOAD!:confused:

Alvin
01-14-2002, 11:09 AM
I haven't had a game system for about 15 years prior to the xbox, so I'm no advanced gamer, but I bought Azurik used and have gotten lots of play out of it. I can't believe how huge the "world" is.

It has it's problems. I wish I could use a new weapon once in a while and the camera takes some getting used to, but I think it's worth the used price at least. Like maximus said, you have to get in a fair amount of play time to really judge it.

Whisper
01-14-2002, 11:49 AM
Maximus... shame on you for saying its better than Zelda.... shame... shame... shame...

Hugh_Jass
01-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Azurik is the best game available on the XBOX. Anyone who doesn't agree with me is obviously wrong. :D

What don't you like about Mad Dash? It reminds me a lot of Sonic. I haven't put a lot of time into the game (due to Azurik) but I think it's a fine racing/platform game.

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
Maximus... shame on you for saying its better than Zelda.... shame... shame... shame...

I think waximus has been smoking dat herb!!:eek:

noodleboy
01-14-2002, 12:37 PM
I played a little of the Azurik on the demo and it seems lame, but as far as the Mad Dash goes, I liked racing against my g/f and the second time she beat me. So that sure beats the bitc hing I would usually here ;)

But I still don't think that I'll purchase it, just play it on the demo a few time with her, till she gets her wish with Tetris World or a GC and all the Mario games.

JohnB
01-14-2002, 12:47 PM
See that's the problem. You guys aren't playing enough of Azurik to enjoy. With over 80 hours of gameplay, how can you judge a game after playing it 15 minutes? If you're gonna say Azurik sucks, make some **** sense out of it and better reasoning. A good example was Maximus's post. Many reviews on gamespot gave the game at least an 8 or better. And most of them said the same thing, saying that you won't get into this game until you are an hour or so in to it. I haven't played Azurik yet, but I've been interested in it. Many reviews say it's an adult version of Zelda.

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I think waximus has been smoking dat herb!!:eek:

Dude, I have played every Zelda game known to man...and the best Zelda game I have ever played was Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time...and Azurik kicks the living crap out of it. Like I said, it's my personal opinion...

Dude, you seriously have to give Azurik a chance...once you start playing after 4-6 hours, you will be hooked. Take it from your Master :D

Ninja Scroll
01-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dude, you seriously have to give Azurik a chance...once you start playing after 4-6 hours, you will be hooked. Take it from your Master :D

Hooked on what?....phonics!?:D

DBXNY
01-14-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Azurik is the best game available on the XBOX. Anyone who doesn't agree with me is obviously wrong. :D

I guess I'm wrong then. Me hated Azurik too:)

[B]What don't you like about Mad Dash? It reminds me a lot of Sonic. I haven't put a lot of time into the game (due to Azurik) but I think it's a fine racing/platform game.

That was the problem - it's too much like the worst part (in my opinion) of the Sonic Adventure 1 game from the Dreamcast. Just stupid looking animals running like crazy and trying to grab things along the way. I got absolutely no satisfaction from playing the game whatsoever. Granted, the graphics weren't that bad though.

Frostberg
01-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DBXNY
[B}
Actually, I was one of the early purchasers of Azurik. Funny thing is that Azurik actually taught me how valuable the flexible "open-packaged" return policy of Electronics Boutique was. [/B]

Im gonna cry again! People and thier silly nice EBs while I am stick with the "We can only return this for the same game" policy...My EB makes me :mad:

Twisted J
01-14-2002, 06:44 PM
HEY GUYS!! i bought mad dash racing for my sisters and i play it too and its fun as hell!!! infact, i took it over to san antonio with me and my cousins though so too! I THINK ITS A VERY FUN GAME!
THAT AND FUZION FRENZY! THATS A FUN GAME TOO!!

DBXNY
01-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

Im gonna cry again! People and thier silly nice EBs while I am stick with the "We can only return this for the same game" policy...My EB makes me :mad:

Frosty man,

You should double check with your EB store. The policy is actually always preprinted on the back of the sales receipts I get from them. It says that opened items may be exchanged within 14 days after purchase for 1 time only (that's the catch) for an in-store item of equivalent value. The item in exchange will then be marked as Final Sale.

DBXNY
01-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Twisted J
HEY GUYS!! i bought mad dash racing for my sisters and i play it too and its fun as hell!!! infact, i took it over to san antonio with me and my cousins though so too! I THINK ITS A VERY FUN GAME!
THAT AND FUZION FRENZY! THATS A FUN GAME TOO!!

Well, ok...you're forgiven then since you mentioned Mad Dash racing in the same phrase as Fuzion Frenzy. :rolleyes: