PDA

View Full Version : Flatout coming to Xbox

OuFtb
04-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Prepare to unleash your inner road rage as Empire Interactive has just announced a brand new racer entitled FlatOut from Finnish developers Bugbear Entertainment.

Where as other titles may concentrate on girly ambitions like following the correct racing line or passing the finishing post first, with FlatOut the emphasis is very much on automotive carnage as you hurl yourself around 45 challenging tracks in one of 16 fully upgradeable motors.

An advanced physics engine is promised with fully destructable scenery, broken fences, smoking tyres, and even mangled parts of other cars left littering the track, increasing the potential for mayhem with every successive lap. Driving will be very much a free form experience with the ability to hop on shortcuts, speed over jumps or just plain ram the hooting heck out of your opponents.

In addition there's going to be a host of interesting mini-games to relieve the tension between races, including Figure of eight and Demolition Bowl competitions and the early word is that Xbox racers will also benefit from an eight-player Live extravaganza.

As these first screens from the game pleasantly illustrate, the potential for automotive anarchy certainly seems unparalleled and with a release currently pencilled in for sometime this September on PC, Xbox and PS2, we'll be sure to keep a close eye on FlatOut's progress.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=103458

SoundX
04-19-2004, 11:03 AM
I've been reading 'bout this one and it looks totaly awsome, all of that ontop of Xbox Live play? You've got yourself a winner.

People are comparing it to Burnout 2 though so it's certainly got alot to add up too. My guesses are it will.

I'll be getting Xbox Live soon, and this is one I'll be picking up, hope to see yall out there! :cheers:

Shadow20002
04-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Hmm..Burnout 3 is gonna blow this one.. :)

TheWheelMan
04-19-2004, 11:14 PM
It looks like a great game and hopefully they'll actually add drivers in the cars :)

Revit_X_man
04-20-2004, 12:14 AM
I cant wait for this game...very cool stuff