PDA

View Full Version : counter-strike noob, any tips?

bostwick202
04-19-2004, 03:50 PM
hi i just picked up my copy of counter-strike yesterday @ bestbuy 4 $30. Fun game, but i was wondering if anybody had any tips and such. Thank you

p.s. i didn't know where to post this, seeing as there is no cs forum. I am extremely sorry if this causes any inconviences. :watchout:

xbox is so COOL
04-19-2004, 04:06 PM
For Live:

Militia, if you're terrorist just rush and flash the CT and they're easy to hit and for CT a(militia) always move around alot, it's harder for the snipers, don't sit in the open for like 3 secs shooting, there always is a sniper there, just rush side from side.

bostwick202
04-19-2004, 04:10 PM
thanks really appreciate it... anyone else?

Slowride
04-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Just play a lot and you'll get the hang of it. Mess around with the sensitivity for awhile till you find one you like. I've gone from high to medium and now I like it on low, making use of the "quick" look a lot.

Miami is a map that's easy to get the hang of. Oh...and don't use the shield. No one with talent uses the shield. 98% of the time people using a shield have a losing record. If you can afford it and you're a ct always get the M4, if you're a terrorist get the CV47 or w/e it is. It's the 2500 dollar rifle.

(ScArab)
04-19-2004, 09:01 PM
You need to play againts the bots for a good long while, because each weapon is different. You need to know how much damage they do (that will come with EXP). But most of all you need to learn the ACCURACY of each gun, you NEED to do this by shooting (first buying) each gun against the wall, at different distances. Then you will get a feel for the "average" accuracy of each gun.

Once you have a good idea of that info, you'll need to learn to CROUCH, and shoot (more accurate) (when you feel it's a good idea). DO NOT hold any of the guns down when you are firing the weapon. Unless it's a PISTOL, MP5, UMP or Shotgun.

ALWAYS buy Body Armor!!!!! The helmet is your choice, but ALWAYS get armor, because MP5's will kill you fast w/out it, so will grenades.

Learn the LEVELS! Know when to throw grenades by expecting when they will be there.

Watch out for HIGH FALLS, you'll take a lot of damage. Each team is a little different with respect to what weapons they have, both teams are about equal.

MOST weapons go THROUGH walls!!!! All the sniper/AK/Colt (basically BIG and loud guns go through walls) in addition the only pistol that goes through walls is the Desert Eagle.

Learn to BUY your guns fast, and RUSH!
Just as a hint:
- Most 9MM guns (MP5's & pistol's) do about 9-13 damage.
- Most armor piercing guns do 23-27 damage.
- Weapons that shoot through walls do 1/3rd to 1/4th their normal damage (when shot though a wall). NOTE: You can ONLY shoot through ONE wall (one door, one box or one wall). ONLY ONE, it doesn't matter the thickness or the substance.

Play with the bots, and learn how to shoot the guns.
Basically do all that i've written here and you'll learn this game fast.

nutsnyomowf
04-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Practice practice practice.When you die watch the other players.Learn the camping spots.Learn the pistols,and remember always go for the head.

bostwick202
04-20-2004, 07:16 AM
thanks guys

SnoochyBoochy
04-20-2004, 09:17 AM
on miami if ur ct, dont camp outside.
if ur terrorist, get behind the tipped filing cabnet in the main hall. get someone to cover the back vent and biggidy bam! win every time! well... most of the time.... some of the time...

:hump:

bostwick202
04-20-2004, 03:55 PM
thanks, i really appreciate it!

BORNGD
04-20-2004, 06:22 PM
a little off topic, but is this game similar to RTCW?? i loved RTCW but have played it to death, its time to pick up a new game for live...

ShaDovV RyDer
04-20-2004, 06:32 PM
well i have never played RTCW but from wut i hear it sounds like a fast-paced game...so i think u would be safe to get CS...loads of fun and very inexpensive...cant beat it...well my tips r that u always go for the head...try not to camp a whole lot...always have someone watching ur bak or make sure ur watching it...if u get to wear u have really good aim try doin the "bunny hop" or the crouch repeatedly...

for any of u guys out there that dont have CS i would advise u get it cause its a blast...and with the new stuff that tsunami is about to bring new maps will be popping up everywhere with things u have never seen b4...heck who nos u might see some new weapons too...pce and good luck

Slowride
04-20-2004, 07:54 PM
What maps are they giving us and when?