PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Grumpy...

JADE8704
04-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Dear Grumpy,

Through the years you have been a truly loyal friend. From the first time I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. The past three years were some of the best times I have ever had. You have been with me since Halo, Munch's Odyssey, Project Gotham Racing, and NFL Fever 2001, all of which were bundled with you that one special day I picked you up. I remember the joy of watching you come to life for the first time, it truly was a sight.

I will always remember the games we've shared, the Halo LAN parties I've brought you to, and the frustrations we went through when you told me you couldn't recognize my NCAA 2004 game. You were the one that I shared the Legendary ending with when I beat Halo, the excitement and awe of discovering the Flood for the first time, and the joys of watching the warthog jump hundereds of feet into the air. You were there when I first heard the words "Double Kill...Triple Kill...Killtacular!" and shared with me the excitement of free for all rockets at wizard. You and I have had our share of broken controllers, especially recently with my purchase of Ninja Gaiden. I'll forever cherish our online experiences together, killing countless foes on Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and meeting new friends through voice chat. But it all must come to an end, my dear old friend...

I have found a new companion: The limited edition Halo bundle. Don't get me wrong, Grumpy, you will always be my first, and you will forever have a special place in my heart. But I have no need for two of you, and more importantly, I need the money. I am sorry if you feel betrayed, and I know no words of mine can compensate for the deed that I have done. GameStop will take good care of you. I hope that in the future you will be as loyal and trustworthy as you have been with me. And though you and I will not share the experience of Halo 2 together, you will be with me in spirit. Again, I am sorry for having to let you go, for we have been together through the good times and the bad. I just wanted to say 'thanks for the memories.'

-Jade8704-

faceoff508
04-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Wow, Nice Letter. By the way, my xbox has the same name. You should really consider printing it out and send it with the Xbox, that would be halarious to see the guy who opens it.

JADE8704
04-19-2004, 08:26 PM
lol...i think some of people may think im a psycho or something..just wanted to get a few laughs

faceoff508
04-19-2004, 08:30 PM
lol...i think some of people may think im a psycho or something..just wanted to get a few laughs
Too bad, the Xbox Discussion is so slow, you would have received so much praise for it. I love it, so f'n creative. :cheers: Am I the only one?

skorp
04-20-2004, 12:57 AM
hahaha... That's a good one! :rofl:

It kinda reminds me of the new Miller beer commercials towards Bud...

Good ads but not really funny to me.. :mad: :rolleyes:

X-Fan
04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Dear Grumpy,

Through the years you have been a truly loyal friend. From the first time I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. The past three years were some of the best times I have ever had. You have been with me since Halo, Munch's Odyssey, Project Gotham Racing, and NFL Fever 2001, all of which were bundled with you that one special day I picked you up. I remember the joy of watching you come to life for the first time, it truly was a sight.

I will always remember the games we've shared, the Halo LAN parties I've brought you to, and the frustrations we went through when you told me you couldn't recognize my NCAA 2004 game. You were the one that I shared the Legendary ending with when I beat Halo, the excitement and awe of discovering the Flood for the first time, and the joys of watching the warthog jump hundereds of feet into the air. You were there when I first heard the words "Double Kill...Triple Kill...Killtacular!" and shared with me the excitement of free for all rockets at wizard. You and I have had our share of broken controllers, especially recently with my purchase of Ninja Gaiden. I'll forever cherish our online experiences together, killing countless foes on Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and meeting new friends through voice chat. But it all must come to an end, my dear old friend...

I have found a new companion: The limited edition Halo bundle. Don't get me wrong, Grumpy, you will always be my first, and you will forever have a special place in my heart. But I have no need for two of you, and more importantly, I need the money. I am sorry if you feel betrayed, and I know no words of mine can compensate for the deed that I have done. GameStop will take good care of you. I hope that in the future you will be as loyal and trustworthy as you have been with me. And though you and I will not share the experience of Halo 2 together, you will be with me in spirit. Again, I am sorry for having to let you go, for we have been together through the good times and the bad. I just wanted to say 'thanks for the memories.'

-Jade8704-
very very ****ing nice.u should seriously consider writing for a gaming magazine.creative.i give two thumbs way up!!

Casper
04-20-2004, 08:45 AM
You definitely have to send this in - to OXM and with the game when you return it - classic stuff right there :rofl:

StevXtreme
04-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Oh... so... you were talking about an Xbox console. :D Heheh... anyway... nice letter.

Yannie Boy
04-20-2004, 11:45 AM
great letter....kinda brings tears to my eyes :cry: since i want to do the same thing too...but i don't know what to do, i have about 25 cds on my harddrive everything else can be memory carded...i get headackes about it...don't know what to do :bang: :bang: :bang:

E Nomini Patri
04-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Hehe, nice post dude!

My Xbox was grumpy one day, so I told it that it was beaten as a child. Turns out it was. I felt as big as a Keebler Elf testicle...

(ScArab)
04-20-2004, 04:52 PM
lol, nice essay