View Full Version : Max Payne or Blood Wake

Cthugg
01-14-2002, 03:56 PM
Hey sup guys..
i have no clue wut game to get... help me out
guys... Payne or Blood Wake??/

xboxman_1
01-14-2002, 03:58 PM
I have both, and I can tell you I have had way more fun with Max Payne than Blood Wake. People say it has like the worst story line ever, but I thought it had one of the better storylines I've ever read. (Go figure.)

heartsxcarved
01-14-2002, 04:09 PM
not to bash bloodwake, becuse its a great game technically. but it gets boring, fast.

XBA Staff
01-14-2002, 04:26 PM
To me those 2 games are more like a 5 day rental from BlockBuster. And then again that's just my opinion because I haven't played those 2 games yet.

DT21
01-14-2002, 04:30 PM
Max Payne is a good rental and Blood Wake should keep you at it for a while because of multiplayer.

Heyyoudvd
01-14-2002, 04:36 PM
Max Payne is a much better game, but it's way too short. I beat the entire game in under 10 hours, and have no desire to play it again.

It's amazing while it lasts, but within a few days of having it, you'll be finished and never play it again.

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 04:50 PM
Personally, I would go with Bloodwake...I just bought it last night and I haven't played it yet...but, the fact that it has multi-player makes for excellent replay value.

In regards to Max Payne...it can be beat in about 10 hours, and this is probably some of the greatest 10 hours of gameplay you'll ever have...but, I agree with Heyyound in that after you beat it on the hardest mode, you will probably let it sit on the shelf in your video game library and rarely to never even blow the dust off of it again.

I am looking forward to the sequel to Max Payne, however....that's going to be sweet! But, if you have a few buddies over for some Halo multi-player, having a game like Bloodwake would be a great combination, I think. I can't wait to play Bloodwake tonight...I own both Bloodwake and Max Payne.

Opinions regarding Max Payne:

1. Great third person shooter! It received game of the year last year on the PC.
2. Bullet-time is utterly breathtaking...a definate "must see".
3. It has only 10 hours of gameplay, but, an amazing 10 hours that is!
4. Personally, I enjoyed the story line...very cool
5. No multi-player function, therefore, minimal if any replay value

Opinions regarding Bloodwake (keep in mind that I haven't played it yet) :

1. Great graphics and gameplay, according to reviews
2. Multi-player capable - up to four players making Bloodwake into a Blood Bath!
3. Great addition to multi-player Halo...meaning, once everyone has played long enough of Halo, Bloodwake makes for expanded exciting multi-player action
4. One negative: Bloodwake is not System Link compatible...big bummer considering Microsoft publishes the game...go figure!? :eek:
5. Challenging game once you make it to level 8...from then on, it's tough...so I understand.

Keep in mind that these are not reviews....but rather, this is what I have either experienced (regarding Max Payne) and what I have heard from trustworthy sources (regarding Bloodwake). I hope that helps :)

Frostberg
01-14-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
...I agree with Heyyound...

Hmmm Max, I hope thats the beer talking...hmm it must be because you didnt get the dvd part right...:D

XBA Staff
01-14-2002, 05:13 PM
YOUR NOT AN XBOXADDICT THEN

I don't get it.

Also I read that Bloodwake has multiplayer...and I love multiplayer games...I might just buy that game.

Frostberg
01-14-2002, 05:17 PM
lol I dont think you should tell a staff member he isint an Xbox addict :D :D :D

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

Hmmm Max, I hope thats the beer talking...hmm it must be because you didnt get the dvd part right...:D

Yeah...all I can say is "D a m n Beer"...it's doing it again to me! hehe...But, I am a little confused about one thing...what do you mean about me not getting the "dvd part right"? lol...no where did I mention DVD :confused:

;)

skoot182
01-14-2002, 05:32 PM
sheesh, its the beer AGAIN!

His name is "HeyYouDvd", and you called him "Heyyound"

:D

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
sheesh, its the beer AGAIN!

His name is "HeyYouDvd", and you called him "Heyyound"

:D

Dudes...now I feel like an idiot...well, young people, don't drink too much beer! This is what it will do to ya! :D :p

skoot182
01-14-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dudes...now I feel like an idiot

Well you should :D

Frostberg
01-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Max, please stop drinking with Jeff Kerwin! :D

Cthugg
01-15-2002, 12:11 AM
thanx a lot guys for ur replies...

:)

XBA Staff
01-15-2002, 09:11 AM
Well let me put my final word in this.

I normally buy games that have online play or tremendous amount of reply value and maybe a multiplayer option....Like Blookwake. Games that do not have those qualifycations I just rent...like Max Payne.

So me I will personally tell you to BUY Bloodwake and RENT Max Payne.

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Max, please stop drinking with Jeff Kerwin! :D

LOL...Frostberg!!!! Dude! I think you found the answer! I have been corrupted and punished for too long from my wife's craving in watching Animal Planet! :eek: :eek: lol....