PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Metal Arms and its pretty damn hard

Sigma
04-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Like the title says I just picked up Metal Arms and its pretty damn hard. If anyone has any tips please share.

E Nomini Patri
04-19-2004, 11:07 PM
I got to the last level today!

TIP: The Scatter Blaster is your friend. Treat it like so. ;)

BinaryXtreme
04-20-2004, 02:44 AM
Like the title says I just picked up Metal Arms and its pretty damn hard. If anyone has any tips please share.

I agree. I've had it for a while now and it's a great game.

CrispyBacon
04-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Here's a few tips.

Be sure you explore the levels fully in order to find all the batteries. Batteries are your life and will help you live longer. I think you can get 6 total.

Scatter Blaster is indeed an awesome weapon, especially when upgraded to level 3. So is the rivet gun.

Use the tip of your antenna to aim the slingshot.

Save your recruiter grenades for the titans.. especially the ones with the shields.

Remember you can shoot off limbs.

Don't waste washers on buying health. Save them for purchasing upgrades to your guns... or ammo IF YOU NEED IT. I rarely purchased bombs or ammo, but sometimes they'll be useful if you find yourself stuck at a certain point and need some extra firepower to get by.

This game is awesome... have fun with it.

thrAsher
04-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Good tips, Crispy.

I just had to say, awesome game. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, too. I think Glitch has got to be one of my all-time favorite video game characters.

Spaztic
04-20-2004, 09:00 AM
I just got this game to! It is pretty cool. I was playing the multiplayer for a minute. Once I finish bond I will get more into this!

kenji
04-20-2004, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=CrispyBacon] Save your recruiter grenades for the titans.. especially the ones with the shields.
QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that you can't recruit the titans with shields. Maybe after their shield is down.

Some tips I have are:
Use your control tether whenever you can. I find it saves a lot of ammo for later use.

Recruit those big flying things that shoot purple lasers and its secondary is missles. Those are great allies and it saves the trouble of trying to kill them.

Don't underestimate the power of the sling shot. I use it a lot with EMP grenades and Recruiter grenades.

Don't under estimate the power of Magma bombs. Using the sling shot, you shoot a magma bomb directly on a titan without his shield, and he is gone after a few seconds. Same with the big flying things.

After I replayed the levels to get the rest of the secret chips, I found that most of my weapons could have been upgraded without buying the upgrades, except for the scatter blaster and ripper. Look around and you should find a lot.

That's all that I can think of at the moment.:cheers:

LTM360
04-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Conserve ammo. I've notcied ammo is very very scarce in the game. And if your gonna have a fire fight, finish off one enemy at a time, don't shoot alot of difference ones at one time. Make sure to look in boxes for health, ammo, and powerups. I've also noticed the game is very hard, so patience is the biggest key.