PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Advanced AV Pack

smackintosh
04-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Will the Xbox Advanced AV Pack allow me to get full surround sound on my XBOX. I have a fat Bose surround sound system with the decoder and everything, but an ordinary TV, so i don't wanna shell out $40 for the HD cables. To get surround sound will i have to buy the HD pack anyway, or will the Xbox Advanced AV Pack get me full surround sound anyway, thanks for the help

StevXtreme
04-20-2004, 08:45 AM
I would really want to know that too! Oh, and does it improves the image quality on newer TVs?

Spaztic
04-20-2004, 09:04 AM
if you have component hookups on your tv get the hd pack
if you have s-video get the advanced pack

you need one of the packs to be able to use a optical wire hookup to the reciever for full surround sound! Its worth it!

Yankeez
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
If you have a reciever with your surround sound all you need to get is a optical cable to plug into ur advanced av pack

bostwick202
04-20-2004, 03:56 PM
i have an advanced av pack and i get full dolby digital 5.1 really nice!

Snake Eyez
04-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Once you experience the surround sound capabilities, you don't want to go back to anything less than 5.1 DD.

WynnFire
04-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Once you experience the surround sound capabilities, you don't want to go back to anything less than 5.1 DD.

Very true! Especially if you have (or rented) Master & Commander DVD. I can't stand the film but the first 16-17 minutes will really show off your surround sound system. Just awesome. :hail:

Reclaimer
04-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Even though I don't have a Hi-def TV, I used the Hi-def Xbox kit to utilize the component hook ups on my RCA 36. Good picture, if I must say so myself. A definate step up from a Zenith 25in using standard RCA jacks.
Anyway, I do have a RCA Surround Sound set up, and because of the Hi-def kit, all I had to do was get the Tos-Link Optical wire, run it from the kit to the reciever and set my Receiver to Optical mode for glorious surround sound.
That's the way to go.

DragonlordFrodo
04-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Also remember to get the Official Microsoft Pack, because the third party ones don't work...

l Maximus l
04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Also remember to get the Official Microsoft Pack, because the third party ones don't work...

Well, dude...I have to disagree...unless you're excluding Monster. I have the XBox Monster 400 series Component Video cables hooked to my HDTV... The only downfall to getting these cables are the price tag (unless you got them for a sweet deal like I did) and you have to purchase a proprietery Optical Cable made by Monster if you want to use your 5.1 DD Surround Sound System. I decided to go that route and I'm in video and audio splendor :)