PDA

View Full Version : Dolby Digital 5.1 Question

addict733
01-14-2002, 04:05 PM
I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING I NEED TO HOOK MY XBOX UP WITH A 5.1 SYSTEM. PLEASE HELP, WHAT CHORDS? WHAT AV PACK. ITS MY BIRTHDAY SOON SO ILL PROLLY BE BUYING ONE. WHAT DO I NEED? PLEASE HELP.

XBA Staff
01-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Sorry I don't use Dobly Digital Surround sound :(. But I wish I did :).

DBXNY
01-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by addict733
I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING I NEED TO HOOK MY XBOX UP WITH A 5.1 SYSTEM. PLEASE HELP, WHAT CHORDS? WHAT AV PACK. ITS MY BIRTHDAY SOON SO ILL PROLLY BE BUYING ONE. WHAT DO I NEED? PLEASE HELP.

To get Dolby Digital 5.1, you'll need to get a Fiber Optical (also known as a Toslink) Audio Cable. You'll also need either the Advanced A/V pack or High Definition A/V pack, depending on the highest level of video input your TV accepts (if it's S-Video, then get Advanced A/V Pack, if it's component video, then get HD A/V pack).

Both the Advance and HD A/V packs provide an Optical ouput for the Dolby Digital sound.

XBA Staff
01-14-2002, 04:56 PM
I wish I could use Surround Sound out of my RCA Boom Box because that uses Dobly Digital Surround Sound 5.1 .

DrUnKtAnK
01-15-2002, 09:34 AM
Here you go addict, check this chart out.
Visit here for hookup tips and some fancy charts.
http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/xbox/default.html
Click on the link in the lower left corner "Hookup tips"
Hope this helps!

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by DBXNY

To get Dolby Digital 5.1, you'll need to get a Fiber Optical (also known as a Toslink) Audio Cable. You'll also need either the Advanced A/V pack or High Definition A/V pack, depending on the highest level of video input your TV accepts (if it's S-Video, then get Advanced A/V Pack, if it's component video, then get HD A/V pack).

Both the Advance and HD A/V packs provide an Optical ouput for the Dolby Digital sound.

Man, I didn't know that my Advanced A/V Pack had an Optical output! That's sweet! Quite frankly, I never bothered to check....but, that's great to know because I also plan on getting a DD 5.1 SS system. :p

addict733
01-15-2002, 07:46 PM
thanx drunktank