PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront demo in Trilogy pack

OuFtb
04-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Chances are that Star Wars fanboys are probably already more than aware that: (i) there's a new Star Wars game coming to PS2, PC and Xbox early next year in the form of Star Wars Battlefront; and that (ii) a DVD box set of the original three movies plus assorted bonus material is set to hit Europe later this year. Now however, it turns out you'll be able to get a taste of Battlefront in the box set.

Along with all sorts of new fangled features about the making of the films, a preview of the forthcoming Episode III, and oodles of extras, there's a playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront and a preview of the Star Wars III game. Here's the relevent info from the press release:

"Star Wars Battlefront Trailer and Playable Demo - Now that the greatest Star Wars battles are on DVD, video game players can live them like never before in the new video game Star Wars: Battlefront from LucasArts."

"The trilogy DVD will offer a trailer featuring an exciting look at the video game, along with a special demo for Xbox users that lets users fight the Battle of Endor as a Rebel or Imperial soldier and drive AT-STs, ride speeder bikes and use different weapons to lead their side to victory."

"Star Wars: Episode III Making the Game Preview - Video-game players will be able to experience the stunning Jedi action of Episode III themselves in the new Star Wars: Episode III game. This special feature shows how game developers at LucasArts worked behind-the-scenes and on the set to create the most authentic Jedi experience ever."

Star Wars Battlefront is released on September 21 on PC, PS2 and Xbox. Star Wars: Episode III will be available in Spring 2005 for the PS2 and Xbox. The DVD boxset, meanwhile, comes out in Europe on September 20.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=103540

I figured Star War fans might enjoy this, If you buy the trilogy you get a demo of Star Wars BattleFront for Xbox. Don't know why but this entire thing is confusing me and screwing with my brain, can't think right :watchout:

Regosnot
04-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Nice I was going to buy the trilogy anyway but no I get a bonus. :cheers:

Unreal
05-04-2004, 02:02 PM
I was going to pick up the DVD box set anyway. Now I get to play Battlefront to see if I like it now.