PDA

View Full Version : I beat Max Payne......Now what?

facadeface
01-14-2002, 06:21 PM
I just beat Max Payne, that I rented on the weekend. When I did it said that I unlocked more challenges. I was just wondering what there is left for me to do with this game. I ask cause I was thinking on buying it, but if there's not much else to do than whats the point. Please help if ya can.

wizkid918
01-14-2002, 06:32 PM
well in the pc version it unlocks an additional level with a plethora of guys in the level selector, but thats it, not sure if there is anything else

Twisted J
01-14-2002, 06:40 PM
naw, on the xbox version theres nothing else besides time attack mode (a new york minute) and another difficulty level.
BTW how long did it take you to figure out the last level?
it took me like an hour!!! lol!!! but if you look the very first movie in the begining before he says, to make any sense of it i have to go back 3 years, it shows what happend and how to beet the last level

facadeface
01-14-2002, 06:47 PM
If you mean that chicks building, i'd say about an hour. If you mean the part about the helicopter, i'd say 15-20 mins.

Twisted J
01-14-2002, 06:49 PM
i was talking about the helicopter! you must be a genius!!!
but then it only took my 10 minutes to get threw the girls house. the hardest part of the house was in the biggining when you had to snipe out the guys with those big gunn thingies!

Heyyoudvd
01-14-2002, 06:56 PM
the helicopter part took my a long time on pc. (about an hour)

Even now, I still don't know exactly what I did.

Shotting the cable was obvious, but afterwards, I had no idea what to do. I just shot randomly afterwards. After shooting the tower, it fell over.

That level was pretty hard, though. The hardest part IMO, is afterthe helicopter shoots at the elevator, and you haev to jump into the next elevator.
Anyways, one you get out of the elevator, that whole section was pretty hard, IMO.

Another hard part was right at the end after you destroy one of the cable, this guy (around the corner) shoots at you with a rocket launcher. I died a dew times there.

facadeface
01-14-2002, 07:01 PM
Yeah it was fun and heart stopping. But back to my question..........any point in spending any green bags on it?

Heyyoudvd
01-14-2002, 07:08 PM
nope. Once you beat it, there's nothing else to it.

The new difficulty modes are a waste. Same thing, just harder.

I've also really been anxious to buy new games, however there's nothing good available for a while. This goes for both Xbox and Gamecube.

Just be patient and save your money for upcoming must-have games such as Project Ego and Morrowind, and don't jsut buy a game for the sake of buying.

(unless you can afford everything, which most people, like myself can't)