PDA

View Full Version : What's the best snowboarding game on the Xbox?

darkfusion
04-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Hey all, just wondering which snowboarding game to get for my Xbox.

Is Amped 2 much better than Amped? Amped is now £19.99 so I won't bother considering paying full price for Amped 2 if it's not much of an improvement over the original...

Also how about Dark Summit and whatever other Snowboarding games that are around?

(By the way, I already have SSX, SSX Tricky and SSX3 on PS2 so I won't be getting any SSX title)

Thanks! :)

Max33
04-20-2004, 06:41 PM
I personally liked the original Amped better than two.The controls can take a minute to get used to,but the areas are fun to explore.

ShaDovV RyDer
04-20-2004, 06:46 PM
well...if u have LIVE like the majority of us do then i would say go for Amped2...8 ppl per game is a blast cause u can just chill with ur friends and have a flat out good time...its really a relaxing game in my opinion...when im tired of getting owned on r63 or splinter cell i hop on amped2 and feel tons better...i wouldnt go for dark summit cause its just not a realistic snowboarding game...its kinda lame if u ask me...the answer to ur question about wether or not to get amped over the second is no...even if u dont have LIVE offline is pure fun...go get amped2 and have fun...hope this helped u out..

BananaMan
04-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Amped 2 for me

Trento52
04-20-2004, 08:07 PM
actually i liked amped alot with better levels and more of them too but amped 2 has more customizations, better animations, tweaked graphics, and is more challenging. But i am not having as much fun as i did playing hte first one. SO incase you maybe don't like it because it is a simulator kind of maybe try the first cheaper one. I have both and i really like them. Maybe if you beat teh first get teh second one and by then it will be really cheap too.

PapaSKooT
04-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Amped 2. Dark summit doesnt even count as a snowboarding game, and Amped is outdated.

Hero
04-21-2004, 12:51 AM
i beat amped and i enjoyed it alot.. i played the demo of amped 2 and while i was disapointed that they made it easier..the graphics made it look sweet.

darkfusion
04-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'm gonna go for Amped 2 :)

l Maximus l
04-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'm gonna go for Amped 2 :)

Wise choice... I'm glad you didn't run out and get Dark Summit... It would have been horrible to hear you come back in tears for explaining to us how terrible that game is.

Amped 2 is wicked as hell...I love the game and rank it as one of the top 5 games on XBox to date, IMO...and out of that top 5, it's the only snowboarding game.

Compared to the SSX series, it's a completely different snowboarding experience. Amped 2 embraces freestyle, which I think is the foundation of snowboarding instead of racing.

darkfusion
04-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Wise choice... I'm glad you didn't run out and get Dark Summit... It would have been horrible to hear you come back in tears for explaining to us how terrible that game is.

Amped 2 is wicked as hell...I love the game and rank it as one of the top 5 games on XBox to date, IMO...and out of that top 5, it's the only snowboarding game.

Compared to the SSX series, it's a completely different snowboarding experience. Amped 2 embraces freestyle, which I think is the foundation of snowboarding instead of racing.

True, I'm a snowboarder myself and I find the SSX games a little too over the top and silly. Sure they're fun but occasionaly you want something more realistic and down to earth.

Amped 2 looks like it'll be excellent, I should have it tomorrow! :cheers: