PDA

View Full Version : 2 cool things about Halo!

GamingFreak
01-14-2002, 08:00 PM
i know most of you in here either own, or have played Halo, and most of you probably think its a kick @$$ game like me.

There is something so awesome about the graphics of the game that never cease to amaze me. How many of you have stoppped and looked down at the grass??

It looks amazinggggggggg! The grass is soooooooooo real, it is the most realistic grass i have ever seen!! its soooo awesome, and have you also checked out the dirt?

THe easiest way to do this is to go into multiplayer/ split screen and set up a quick game on the map: "Blood Gulch".

THe whole ground is full of beautiful realistic grass and dirt, this may sound stupid, but if you haven't checked this out, do it now! its so cool to look it, you can almost smell the freshness of the grass blades :eek: ... just go to any grass or dirt area, and look directly down, as if you were going to look at your feet, and just look at that awesome grass/dirt!!

Second, how many of you know that the black button has a use in Halo?

I just figured out a couple days ago while playing dm with some friends that the black button actually has a use!
It changes grenades you have selected (for instance if you have frag selected, press the black button and it will select the plasma ones, so you can throw those instead) its such a cool feature, especially if you never new about it, and its a very helpful thing to know, when you want to throw a certain type of grenade but think that you cant select them :D

these are just a few thoughts i have gathered that i wanted to share ;)

Peace out,
GF :cool:

juvenile
01-14-2002, 08:05 PM
hey now i actually know what the black buttons does!

thanks!

Plewis
01-14-2002, 08:05 PM
yeah the grass and dirt does look awesome. I like to get my friends well acquainted with the grass and dirt if you know what I mean. :D :D :D :D :D

GamingFreak
01-14-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by juvenile
hey now i actually know what the black buttons does!

thanks!

no problem bud ;) i thought it was pretty cool too

GamingFreak
01-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
I like to get my friends well acquainted with the grass and dirt if you know what I mean. :D :D :D :D :D

yup, me too :D

xboxman_1
01-14-2002, 08:24 PM
I dont think the grass blades are that good. It just looks like a big mulchy mess of cut grass strewn together on Blood Gulch. Now, THPS2X, that has individually rendered bldes of grass. Each little blade of grass is distinguishable from the next. Now that game has some good grass textures, but Halo, not really.

addict733
01-14-2002, 08:32 PM
i think the coolest thing is shooting at the dirt with the machine gun on the buggie, and seeing it fly up. pretty cool.

SciFi
01-14-2002, 09:26 PM
how many people actually read the manual B4 they play???
The use of the bottons is even written (and changeable) inside the game...

SOVEREIGN2K2
01-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Thanx dawg, now after playing HALO for all this dam time i finally know what the black button does..i mean who had time to notice seein as how you're too busy killing those The Flood, and slaying the Covenant!! but thanx anyways DAWG!!

Holla,

--The PS2 is just a system
--The XBOX is a pleatherer of games
--And addicts to these truths do we hold steadfast!!

--SOVEREIGN:mad:

GamingFreak
01-15-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
I dont think the grass blades are that good. It just looks like a big mulchy mess of cut grass strewn together on Blood Gulch. Now, THPS2X, that has individually rendered bldes of grass. Each little blade of grass is distinguishable from the next. Now that game has some good grass textures, but Halo, not really.

you must have a *****ty tv then, lol

GamingFreak
01-15-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by SOVEREIGN2K2
Thanx dawg, now after playing HALO for all this dam time i finally know what the black button does..i mean who had time to notice seein as how you're too busy killing those The Flood, and slaying the Covenant!! but thanx anyways DAWG!!

Holla,

--The PS2 is just a system
--The XBOX is a pleatherer of games
--And addicts to these truths do we hold steadfast!!

--SOVEREIGN:mad:

np pal, just wanted to see if anyone else knew, i figured some people didnt ;)

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Yeah, the grass in Halo is almost good enough to smoke :D hehe...jk...

I figured out the grenade thing about three weeks ago...it was on accident....after that, I checked the manual and it says that you can do that right in there. Most of the time, I don't look at manuals only because I like to figure out games by myself...but, I agree, this is a great feature! Both grenades have their advantages and disadvantages....Halo is, without a doubt, my favorite game...amazing multi-player capability, especially in System Link play!!! :p

I can't wait to get atleast 8 people and four TVs going soon. Last weekend I had three other dudes over at my house, making a total of four...and we played multi-player four 6 hours and it only felt like 1 or 2 hours! lol...d a m n!!! Time flies when you are having fun! :D

skoot182
01-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by BIG-T
The best is playing silent photographer and driving into the water until you vision is peripheral, half underwater, have above and then jump into the gun turret and fire bullets upwards. Make sure the gun isnt sticking out of the water so the bullets fly threw the water and explode above the surface into the air and the machine gun makes bubbles, its cool!:cool:

im guessing you mean silent CARtographer?

SciFi
01-16-2002, 01:54 PM
a week ago we played 12 in wizzerd