PDA

View Full Version : Wut is tsunami bringing us???

ShaDovV RyDer
04-21-2004, 03:24 PM
well as some of u saw in the march oxm it talked about all the new features coming to live...some of them were msn messenger, the ability to make maps, weapons, uniforms for characters, vehicles, and logos...now i was wondering wut else they r goin to add...i no all this isnt being added today but it will all be given to us soon after E3...so wut else r they given us???lemme no

Revit_X_man
04-21-2004, 04:30 PM
"From Xbox.com:

Updates to Xbox Live discussion thread
Posted: 02-19-2004 12:47 PM
Ok, so here is the deal.

I just got OFFICIAL approval to share this information with you guys. Here are some details about out upcoming updates to the Xbox Live service.

I need to clear on a couple of things up before you read on.

1) This is not the complete list of features. There are a couple of more that are not on this list that I can't confirm/deny/comment on. Don't ask me what they are, or to confirm rumors that you may have read or heard about...I can't do that.

2) We don't call updates to the service "Xbox Live (insert number here)" In other words; we don't say "Xbox Live 3.0." For the sake of everyone, don't use numbers...they'll confuse people and they really don't make sense the way we do updates.

3) We DO use codenames to refer to a collection of features. This next update to the service is called 'Tsunami.'
(Trivia: The code name for the original (big) Xbox controller was called "Duke", while the code name for the Xbox, was...well "Xbox.")

4) We are shipping these updates SOON...that is about as specific as the developers will let me get...when I know the exact date, I'll post it here in the forums. My choices was waiting for a while and give you a date, or give you information with out hard date..I decided you guys wanted to know whats up as soon as possible

5) When we DO ship "Tsunami" all of the features won't be available in games that shipped already (for the most part.) In other words, there is work that game developers have to do to make these new features available in a game, so you'll only see these new features on upcoming releases. When we do an update like this, the older titles don't have the "hooks" in them to connect to our service to use these new features.

6) Not all games will use all of the new features. It's up to the publisher to decide what they want to use in a game and where and when that game will be released.

7) Please don't post any questions about the feature list below. Posts like "Will it allow me to do this..." or "Be sure you allow (insert request here)!!!!" I can't answer any of these types of questions; I have not had time to play w/ the new features yet or and I have no idea how titles will implement them.

8) The decision to make a feature available in a specific country is up to the game publisher as they decide what features to use and what country they release in Xbox Live leaves that into the hands of our great game developers. (see point 6 above)

9) No whining.

Now that we got that out of the way, a drum roll please...............

As good as Xbox live is right now, it is just getting better. The next major upgrade to Xbox live is code named “Tsunami,” and it will be coming to you at some point in the not-too-distant future. Now I've got some detailed insight just for you!

TEAMS
What It Is: Developer support for integrating team/clan functionality into their titles.
What It Means to You: It’s all tightly integrated into the service with built-in support for messaging, stats, competitions, storage, and presence.
Just Imagine: A kind of automated clan communication set up that notifies the entire team of matches, strategy, and even competitions.

COMPETITIONS
What It Is: Easily build different types of competitions into titles that
can be created and administered by the publisher and/or users.
What It Means to You: It’s all tightly integrated with the rest of
the service and makes playing in and creating competitions a total breeze.
Just Imagine: Creating your own tournament and having Xbox Live do all of the work for you…you just create, invite, and play.

MSN® ALERTS AND MESSENGER INTEGRATION
What It Is: Invitation and Presence-based alerts and a new Xbox/MSN Messenger tab with user contextual information.
What It Means to You: Allows existing Xbox Live users to engage more with their Xbox Live community by extending the Xbox Live messaging and presence systems beyond the console.
Just Imagine: You’re at work when you get an alert that one of your buddies has just logged onto Xbox Live and has sent an invite to your PC to take him on in a game. Talk about inspiration for getting home early!

TITLE MANAGED ONLINE STORAGE
What It Is: Provides user profile data storage along with a simple way for titles to dynamically manage game influencing data on the fly.
What It Means to You: Create and share mottos, emblems, and custom content along with titles; create and update maps, rosters, and other environment data.
Just Imagine: Creating a custom logo for your squad and playing on maps that you’ve just created!

The Fine Print so I don't get in trouble:
Not all games will support all or even some of the features in the "Tsunami" release; it is up to each game developer to implement. Please check all game packaging information to see if it supports the features you are looking for.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."

l Maximus l
04-21-2004, 04:42 PM
I think this new upgrade to XBL is the best yet...I'll be getting back on the XBL bandwagon very soon :)

skorp
04-21-2004, 08:28 PM
well as some of u saw in the march oxm it talked about all the new features coming to live...some of them were msn messenger, the ability to make maps, weapons, uniforms for characters, vehicles, and logos...now i was wondering wut else they r goin to add...i no all this isnt being added today but it will all be given to us soon after E3...so wut else r they given us???lemme no

I was thinking that is alot to offer as it is.... Damn!

Someday! It will be mine... :p

Variation-XBA
04-21-2004, 08:49 PM
So does that mean there will be an MSN messenger update as well?

super_ryu
04-21-2004, 08:57 PM
is the map maker for all games?