PDA

View Full Version : MANHUNT, Sweet Brutality!!!

DOOM
04-22-2004, 09:11 AM
This Game Is Kick Arss!!!
Played Half The Night & IT ROCKS!!!
Gory As Hell, Sick Play Michanics, A Testosterone Filled Beatdown!!!
No Game Has Ever Been This HARDCORE, & Hardcore Does Not Express The Full feel Of This Game...
Simply Awesome! :cheers:
NO Wuss's Allowed!!!

Variation-XBA
04-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Wish I didn't have the ps2 one already, not worth only a graphic upgrade through.

Spaztic
04-22-2004, 01:31 PM
I am going to pick this game up shortly!

JJaX
04-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Its over rated...

It gets repetitive and theres nothing more to see after you've seen all the kill sequences...

I wouldnt play this game if it was free.

You will get bored of it in a few hours......Wait and see.

GreenWeenie
04-22-2004, 02:40 PM
A buddy of mine has it for PS2. I was watching him play it awhile back and it got boring just to watch after I had seen all of the cool "kill moves".

The Executioner
04-22-2004, 02:41 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!! People here that know me know that since monday (release date) I have been obsessing over this (check sig for realy nice screenshot) I was gonna make this thread later. So Doom what do you really like about it? I watched the movie it's bassed off of and also enjoyed it. Oo by the way it isbased off a govenator film called "The Running Man."

By the way I already started one in the "New Releases" section and it was moved over here (they took away that section)

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55190

DIGITAL
04-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Its over rated...

It gets repetitive and theres nothing more to see after you've seen all the kill sequences...

my thoughts 2 ,i played it for a few hours an thought it sucked after the second hour

DOOM
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
The XBOX Version Kicks Arse!!!!
IT RULES!!!
It Caters To The Sadistic Side...

Whisper
04-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Sadly, it's banned here.. don't really want to play it, but I would like to have the option.

Variation-XBA
04-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Its not banned, but we have to ID if they are under 18, cause its the first R-rated game here :)

I enjoyed it to the end, didnt get bored of it.

MrGIJOE
04-23-2004, 08:50 AM
SO it's pretty good game? I'm thikig about getting this today

DOOM
04-23-2004, 09:28 AM
This game will open doors for more hardcore games to come
a big thumbs up to the publishers
down with censorship you punk a$$ panzies that can't handle life.....
p.s. i will promote this game indefinetly as much as possible...i luv this sh*T ....

You Know, If It Wasnt For Violent Games, I Would Have Been Put In Jail For Manslaughter a lOoOng Time Ago...
Games Like MANHUNT, DOOM, NINJA GAIDEN, OTOGI, Keep Me Calm...
Its Almost Like Having A Beer, Or Meditation... Instead Of Taking My Frustrations Out On Real People, A Few Hundred Video Game Charicters Get Choped...

It Feeds The Sadistic Side!!! 8)

BinaryXtreme
04-23-2004, 03:19 PM
I think this will be a rental first for me but it does look interesting.

Casper
04-25-2004, 07:12 AM
I'm loving this game - was shocked at the dam machete kill scene at first, but I'm used to it now lol

I can't believe some of the stuff in this game- hence why I keep wanting to play this. The style for the story that they chose to use on this game is amazing, and why I was so interested in it in the first place.

Splinter Cell meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre :D

Duke
04-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Been thinking about this one, but I'm only going to buy one game, and I'm thinking I'll have to wait and check out red dead revolver first.

Have seen some of the kill vids though, and they are sick.

The Executioner
04-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Here's my question tpo everybody, What is your favorite way to get kills?

Max33
04-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Its over rated...

I agree with ya completely.

While I do love the premise & the narrition of the director is a great aspect of the game,the sad truth of the gameplay is its repetitive.Find some shdows,make some noise,when they investigate then turn around kill em.There's just not enough to the game play.It's a one dimensional,a one trick pony,with a bum leg that just limps in circles.

If they would have put in more kill sequences(theres not much pay off waiting for the kill when its the same sequence over & over) and or If they would have gave your charecter more to do...mabe more moves(I mean the dude cant even jump)...drive a vehecle...I would be singing the praises...but as it stands...try before you buy.
Trust me you'll be glad you did.

Casper
04-29-2004, 08:04 AM
I agree with ya completely.

While I do love the premise & the narrition of the director is a great aspect of the game,the sad truth of the gameplay is its repetitive.Find some shdows,make some noise,when they investigate then turn around kill em.There's just not enough to the game play.It's a one dimensional,a one trick pony,with a bum leg that just limps in circles.

If they would have put in more kill sequences(theres not much pay off waiting for the kill when its the same sequence over & over) and or If they would have gave your charecter more to do...mabe more moves(I mean the dude cant even jump)...drive a vehecle...I would be singing the praises...but as it stands...try before you buy.
Trust me you'll be glad you did.
You and JJaX both pointed on something that isn't quite true - the repetition of the kill scenes - which, if you read the book, you'll realize that you can get 3 different sequences for each weapon by holding the button down longer and allowing the arrows around the victims head to change colors (white -> yellow -> red). This changed the style of how I played a bit once I found this out, so I have to be more stealthy to get the sicker scenes.

Fav way to kill someone so far was the macete - 3rd degree (red) - he taps them on the shoulder, says "hey!" and then puts the macete right between their eyes. That one and when I was in the beatup mall, there was some guy that came flying out of one of the rooms and scared the crap outta me so bad I just turned and shot, blowing his head clear off with the shotgun - I couldn't help but laugh since he was screaming and then went completely silent lol

Koopa
04-29-2004, 08:18 AM
oMG iTs tEH BLoddyYyy!!11! iTS SO KewL WEn j00 kilL teH guYS!

blah.

i don't know about this game. seems to me like violence for the sake of violence. but i haven't played it so maybe i'm wrong.

Max33
04-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Mabe I was a little harsh in my evaluation.I only had the opertunity to play as far as the junkyard level,but I was fully aware that you were supposed to wait for the reticle to turn red,in fact there were few instances where I did anything but before I claimed my victem.I still maintain my opinion that there arent enough kill sequences to warrent waiting for the better kill.
I dont think it's a bad game,but by no means do I feel it's a masterpiece either which is why I recommend a rental first.

JJaX
04-30-2004, 02:33 PM
You and JJaX both pointed on something that isn't quite true - the repetition of the kill scenes - which, if you read the book, you'll realize that you can get 3 different sequences for each weapon by holding the button down longer and allowing the arrows around the victims head to change colors (white -> yellow -> red). This changed the style of how I played a bit once I found this out, so I have to be more stealthy to get the sicker scenes.

Jerky, I said after you see ALL the kill scenes theres pretty much nothing left to do.

Ethereal S. D.
04-30-2004, 05:02 PM
I've played it a bit but you can only expect so much from a game like this. Rockstar has pushed the violence envelope a bit too much this time. Although it looks gorgeous on my PC, I can only say that this is limited in direction. It's a lot like Splinter Cell, but not with texas chainsaw masacre, more like that 70's movie there, where that guy kills those guys for fun... and they're all wearing masks.... Gah I don't know the name... 0_o"

Folgerboy
04-30-2004, 06:52 PM
My review of it should be up by Monday morning but in the meantime I'm not regretting the time I'm spending with the game - it's fun and it grows on you. Especially if you play Heavy Metal music while you play the game.

Shorezy
04-30-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm lovin' the sound of it, and i've seen some of the vids and it looks intense. Yet, like some of the boys said, it is Restricted in Ontario Canada and I still have a year to go before i'm the big 18! :(

Unreal
04-30-2004, 08:06 PM
This Game Is Kick Arss!!!
Played Half The Night & IT ROCKS!!!
Gory As Hell, Sick Play Michanics, A Testosterone Filled Beatdown!!!
No Game Has Ever Been This HARDCORE, & Hardcore Does Not Express The Full feel Of This Game...
Simply Awesome! :cheers:
NO Wuss's Allowed!!!
I am going to try and rent it this weekend. If I am able to pick it up from Blockbuster. I will make sure I post impressions.

-Natas-
04-30-2004, 10:15 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about this but I think I will rent it first before I make up my mind on buying it. I have a PS2 also so I will rent it for either machine since it should be pretty much the same game on both machines. :cool:

Folgerboy
05-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Same missions and game mechanics, but the game is noticeably prettier on the Xbox, so get that version if you can. Grand Theft Auto was light-years improved on the Xbox and shows that the Renderware-based stuff can scrub up quite nicely on good fast hardware.

Casper
05-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Ok, I finished this game last night and I swear, it was very very weird near the end - I gotta find a pic of Piggsy cuz that thing is just....probably one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in a few games...anyways, I finished with an overall score of 74/100 - great game though, I must say that - I'll give it a 7.9 out of 10 at least.

See, Rockstar CAN make games look good, they just have to work at it :D

Ethereal S. D.
05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
... it's fun and it grows on you. Especially if you play Heavy Metal music while you play the game

hehe Tried that with Winamp and it's great! Especially with Inflames and Iced Earth :D