PDA

View Full Version : Playboy: The Mansion and Future Tactics: The Uprising

OuFtb
04-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Playboy

Groove Games and ARUSH Entertainment let us know today that Playboy: The Mansion has been confirmed for the Xbox. The Hugh Hefner simulation (really, that's what it is) will appear on the big black box this holiday season.

What will Playboy: The Mansion offer? Why, a full simulation of the parties and power-grabbing, the girls and the glory of the Hefner empire. You'll step into the shoes of the magazine magnate to design and run the Mansion -- your center of operations (and debauchery) as you build your business. The game will even feature a Photo Shoot mode where you can select the best angle for your cover models. But we know you'll only be grabbig this one for the articles. Ahem.

Groove and ARUSH will be, um, revealing the title at this year's E3, and of course, we'll be there, getting you all the good info.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/508/508536p1.html

Future Tactics

Crave Entertainment today announced that Future Tactics: The Uprising, has received gold status: the title is code-complete and will soon head to manufacturing for its release this quarter.

Future Tactics combines turn-based, tactical RPG game play with action/platform elements. Both the single-player Story Mode and two-player Battle Mode take place in a near-future sci-fi setting where Earth has been taken over by a race of "extra-dimensional" creatures. Future Tactics features full 3D environments, deformable terrain, a numbers-free tactical system, and 19 levels of action.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/508/508532p1.html

l Maximus l
04-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Any announcement to the rating of the Playboy game? I'm just curious if this will be XBox's first Adult rated game...or if it's just rated "M" for Mature.

skorp
04-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Here is the first look at this game Playboy Mansion...

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_playboymn.html

:D

CarGuy
04-24-2004, 08:56 AM
That Playboy game looks interesting.. It'd be lame if it ended up not having nudity though...

TheWheelMan
04-24-2004, 09:06 AM
It should be called The Sims:Playboy Mansion cause thats what it looks like

AmpedRider
04-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Looks like the sims

BunnyRabbit
04-24-2004, 12:50 PM
That Playboy game looks interesting.. It'd be lame if it ended up not having nudity though...

Yeah and I dont want vid game nudity.. I want there to be mags with real pics that you win or something.. Now thats worth the buy..

Naota
04-24-2004, 10:00 PM
This a stupid idea that clearly is ripping off of The Sims graphics engine and probably steals a few ideas from The Sims. They're just trying to make a quick buck and with idiots like the guys on IGN I have a feeling it won't bomb entirely, it might actually sell about 50 copies and that's just sad. :bang:

Slowride
04-25-2004, 01:02 AM
If there is nudity then it will sell very well to sexually frustrated teens. If not, it will bomb unbelievably.

TrueBelieverUK*
04-25-2004, 03:56 AM
i'm a sexuallyfrustrated teen and i'll be buying it no matter what, looks fun ;)

chris:)

cheedoh
04-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Sick, sick people. :o

Tim
04-25-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm onboard with the idea, but I'm not a Sims kind of guy, nor do I play the "tycoon" type games....but....nudity ROCKS!

BBC-xboxlive
04-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Sick, sick people. :o

YOU MUST BE GAY IF YOU DONT LIKE PLAYBOY :cuss:

thrAsher
04-26-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm curious about both. Future Tactics interests me just cuz it's a strategy game, but it's only $20 out the door, though, so we all know what that means...it'll choke on donkey pole. And if Playboy's game doesn't have nudity, it'll do the same.

Brutus
04-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Interesting enough. We do know that games srictly going on that alone aren't good, as of BMXXX. However, with the mansion, it might be a little different.
Anyone know who the developer is? That'll tell us maybe something on what to expect.
If it's like sims, forget it. I just can't get into that stupid game, but, if it's done playboy party style I might, if there's some photography going on!
ANyone else got anymore on it?

JJaX
04-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Pretty F'n corny if you ask me.

Virtual poo-nanny just doesnt do it for me.

Bakeman
04-26-2004, 05:52 PM
When I first heard the idea I really thought "freaking LAME"

Now I just think it's sorta lame. I like that you get to design the cover of your mag. Hopefully you'll be able to have more choices about the mag, like what goes into it, not just the cover. Also thought it was kinda funny that you can take over the camera for the photoshoots.

Probably wouldn't be to bad of a game for a weekend rental to have some fun with.