PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL Game?

Whisper
01-14-2002, 10:14 PM
It's a tradition for me... when the NFL playoffs get underway, I always buy the newest NFL game for whatever console im currently interested in... and seeing as im here, I'm pretty sure you've guessed that the console I'm spending all my time with is the XBOX...

so which NFL game should I get? which is better, and why.

smack119
01-14-2002, 11:20 PM
i havent played the newest one.... the sega one 2k2 or whatever... but i rented both madden and fever......i thought madden sucked compared to fever.... to me all the madden guys looked for skinny and toothpick like. after playing the 2 i went straight to the store and bought fever. the dynasty mode is sweet. im on week 14 of my first season, i made a custom QB and reciever.....and they rock... only problem i see is at the end of the 3rd season (their contracts end) there is no way i will be able to pay them both and stay under the salary cap with out letting half my team go...... anyway to answer your question....between fever and madden i say get fever.....as for fever or 2k2....i dont know i never played 2k2

robnyack
01-15-2002, 08:12 AM
only problem i see is at the end of the 3rd season (their contracts end) there is no way i will be able to pay them both and stay under the salary cap with out letting half my team go

That is not a problem, that is real football, baby! Gotta love it!

As for which game is better......as a serious football gamer, trust me, you can't go wrong with either Madden or Fever. Both are very good football games.

Chaotic
01-15-2002, 02:41 PM
I have all three and by far Sega NFL2K2 is the best football game out for xbox.

tntxbox
01-17-2002, 05:30 PM
I would say between NFL Fever 2002 and Madden 2002, go with Madden. Madden has great graphics and realistic passing and rushing plays. I have a lot more reasons but I don't want you reading for an hour. Madden also has a create-a-player and create-a-team options. In the create-a-team mode you can choose what color you want your jersey's to look like and also can pick a logo and design your own stadium.

But also my friend has Fever and I enjoyed the set-up in Fever. Fever has cool weather and it actually effects the players- from ripped pads to mud or snow on their jersey's it does it all. In Madden doesn't focus on the weather either though they do have it to, Madden just focuses on the gameplay.

So my verdict is Madden 2002 but if you got Fever you would not be disappointed. I guarantee that.

DamonB
01-21-2002, 03:42 AM
I own Madden and have rented fever 2 times and nfl2k2 once.

Fever is the worst of the 3 in terms of gameplay and gridiron reallity. Fever's player models looked unrealistic to me even though everyone touts it as having the best graphics. Apparently "best" and realism don't go hand in hand. the passing in fever is like tossing beach balls. The pass physics look funny to me. Madden is a great game and the single player is fabulous, but there are times when madden is too much about coaching and letting the computer control various actions about the game. NFL2k2 really feels like you are in control of every aspect it's alot of fun so far. I like madden and have over 30 games so far against friends in the user stat's logged. But NFL2k2 is soooo responsive and at the same time realistic.

I rate the games like this.

Fever=worst
Madden=almost the best (could be for a few diehard sim guys)
NFK2k2=best for human vs human games

Since Human vs Human games with my friends are the driving force for football games I'll go with NFK2k2 and buy it soon.

studepaber
01-22-2002, 01:16 PM
I've played all 3 more than 10 hours each and NFL2K2 narrowly beats MAdden, I love the hit detection and tackling in Nfl2k2. Next football season NFL2k3 will be the decisive champ.

samslophead
01-22-2002, 11:29 PM
GO WITH NFL2K2. IT IS THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME FOR THE XBOX. EGM claims that MADDEN is the best; don't believe them! I have played all 3 of the games that are currently available for the XBOX, and NFL2K2 is by far the best one. I rented the 3 games for the sole purpose of picking the best. NFL FEVER is ok....if you are playing on a display-only system in Best Buy; however, it is too easy. The graphics are nice, and if you like running up scores like 78-64 in a 10 minute game, it may appeal to you. I found it too unrealistic. Nearly every pass is completed, no matter the coverage, and good RB can blow by anyone. On the other hand, I thought MADDEN sucked. The kickoff interface was enough to make me hate it completely. The players felt like they were running in pudding, and their skinny bodies ****ed me off. Honestly, the game felt like MADDEN 2001 for the N64 with better graphics; I hated that one too! Anyway, I liked NFL2K2 the best, so I bought it. The game is realistic enough to keep you interested, and the players hit hard enough to make the game exciting. If you pass to a wide open man downfield, he catches the ball. If you pass into 4 man coverage, you don't get a completion.....simple as that. Just so you know, NFL2K2 is probably the best football game I have ever played (although Tecmo Bowl was a blast in '88). I actually enjoy it more than its Dreamcast predecessors. Buy it.....and let out a sigh of relief.

JJaX
01-23-2002, 10:29 AM
If you like fever over madden then you dont know s4it about football. Fever is the weakest football game ive played ever.(including NFL Blitz)

- Theres like 2 tackle animations (if that)

- When you hit someone its a weak little sound.

- The ball floats like a frizbee.

- Good ol fashion 'i spin and your tackle bounces off of me'

- Anouncers say things like "phat" and "Now the offense is gonna run the ball or throw the ball, and the defense knows this" (NO S4iT!)

- You cant challenge (although in madden you can only challenge the spot of the ball)

- The announcers try to tell you how to play football like your some retart.( Well you are one if your enjoying yourself while playing) "All they gotta do here is get the 1st down"

- Breaking tackles arent animated, there just guys diving in the air then magically they just fall to the ground and the runner doesnt even break stride

- Stupid ass music in the backround when picking plays.(I know you can turn it off but most people dont bother)

- Announcers suck, sounds like a forutune telling machine from coney island back in the 60's

- Defense sucks, Because the tackling feels weak.

The list goes on and on............Fever is a waste of time.

If your a real football fan or player get madden. When i say "real" i mean you get into the games, you understand the benefits and flaws of formations. You like to call audibles after sizing up the D, you call hot routes if you see a rookie secondary covering your fastest WR. You make cuts with your running back as your line gets a push. You make a reciever pay for catching a pass across the middle. Ware down a defense and run at them with you HB and FB. Its gameplay actually plays like real footaball. The passing game is dead on (route passing, Bullets, lobs). The running game is solid as hell. On Defense it feels good to hit someone. Once again if your a REAL football fan, get madden. You wont be disappointed.

Ninja Scroll
01-23-2002, 11:27 AM
NFL 2K2, period.

JJaX
01-24-2002, 02:45 PM
I yet to play nfl2k2. I had 2k1 and 2k on DC. They were good for there time. In nfl2k2 on Xbox does it have good hit detection and do the tackles look and sound sweet?

Azazel
01-27-2002, 11:14 PM
I own fever and Madden. Fever is alot more fun and looks much better..... I hear 2k2 is the best though. Havent played it yet

Huckleberry
01-28-2002, 01:25 PM
i haven't played madded for xbox, but that's mostly because i've played on other systems enough to know that i hated it. fever was okay, but i don't think either of them stand up to nfl2k2.

my only complaint would be agreeing with the reviewers that had issues with franchise mode...it's about as intuitive as the gamecube controller. (i fully apologize for mentioning that piece of crap system in here...please note that i was indeed ripping on it)

all that to say, buy nfl2k2

tntxbox
01-28-2002, 04:39 PM
Madden is better because the players bums don't stink out so far and when the QB is ready to begin the play he actually gets behind the player who snaps the ball and doesn't stand back for a usual snap, on shotguns its almost the same way but a little far out.

Personally I think Fever is better in weather graphics and player sizes, but Madden has better players faces and dont have bums that stick out a mile long.

I think Fever caught a fever from its so bad gameplay. Fever is a good game but the QB seemed to bother me a lot.

I haven't tried NFL2k2 but I hope to try it soon, personally I would go with NFL 2k2 since all the reviews seem great.

All you Fever Fans good for you!!!
All you Madden Fans be happy for a great NFL game!!!

XxeGoxX
02-05-2002, 07:03 AM
Ok get Madden becuase its one of the best Football games out there.And madden was beefed up since the ps2 version. It has good graphics and cool gameplay.+ you can do things like 2 minute drill,Create a team,Madden cards ect.The season on madden is bretty cool.So id go with madden.