PDA

View Full Version : The worst ways of dying online

AlBoogy
04-23-2004, 12:10 AM
When someone grabs my neck in SC and I hear them talk to trash I think to myself, wow this really sucks. But is it the worst way to die? Maybe being knifed in Counter Strike sucks even more. Or is it being pistol whipped in RTCW? Or maybe something even worse that you guys can think of. So what do you think is the worse way of dying or anything embarassing that can happen to you?

Cryogenic Pyro
04-23-2004, 12:17 AM
I'd have to say falling and dying on Counter-Strike. That's an embarrassing moment right there.

Variation-XBA
04-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Being knifed in ANY game is just humiliating

l Maximus l
04-23-2004, 01:20 AM
A melee in the back when playing Halo and the dude doing the hump move on you. That always bites ass, but, then again, it's kinda funny...especially when you do it back.......twice :D

Yankeez
04-23-2004, 01:27 AM
I'd have to say falling and dying on Counter-Strike. That's an embarrassing moment right there.

especially when ur tryin for like 10 minutes to clime down the ladder :cry:

darkfusion
04-23-2004, 04:19 AM
The absolute worst way is when you're playing Counter-Strike and you're the last guy left on your team alive, so everyone is spectating you and THEN you fall off a roof or ladder and kill yourself

Caesar SYN
04-23-2004, 05:29 AM
Being killed by Blinx or Butterz in any capacity or game.. pathetic..

Ethereal S. D.
04-23-2004, 06:01 AM
In unreal when you try and use the redeemer and only kill yourself :D

bostwick202
04-23-2004, 07:19 AM
being meleed in any game is not fun. although in halo its hilarious

GreenWeenie
04-23-2004, 07:38 AM

I gotta agree with this one....man that sucks.

MrGIJOE
04-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Being shot in the back with a rocket launcher, when you think you are in the clear, to run to another hiding spot. Or being pushed out a window in RBW6

AlBoogy
04-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Yeah I also forgot the Shield Gun in Unreal Championship. Good call on the melee attack and teabag in halo. Teabags are not fun (unless you are the deliverer heh)

Chewy
04-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Getting knifed in Counter Strike. But not a simple sneak up behind you and stick it in your back, the kind where he comes running up to you and you unload your rifle and don't hit squat. Then he proceeds to poke your liver and other vital organs full of holes. Especially when you know everyone is spectating you.

Jayhawk
04-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Being hit in the back of the head in Halo sucks, but its always awseome when you do it to someone else

Xorg
04-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Throwing a granade in RS3 only to bounce of one of your teamate's head and killing both of you

BinaryXtreme
04-23-2004, 01:46 PM
I was going to say getting knifed in the back too. I don't own Counter Strike but RTCW has the same weapon.

DZNUTZ
04-23-2004, 04:29 PM
HOW ABOUT LEETING THE PIGSIN PUT POINTS ON THE BOARD WITH NO TIME REMAINING IN THE GAME.

I'M SHO A FEW OF YA HAVE FELT THAT DISCOMFORT COMPLIMENTS OF YOURS TRULEY. :d

Slowride
04-23-2004, 05:11 PM
my live fps experience is limited to CS so i'll just focus on the worst ways of dieing for that. Undoubtedly getting knifed is bad. That and when you're the last one left and you miss a jump or fall and die. Oh....and getting killed by someone who sucks and then having them t bag you( :hump: :hump: since you've T Bagged them 10 rounds in a rizow :hump: :hump: ).

Variation-XBA
04-23-2004, 07:22 PM
The absolute worst way is when you're playing Counter-Strike and you're the last guy left on your team alive, so everyone is spectating you and THEN you fall off a roof or ladder and kill yourself

Im mistaken, your right LOL :hail:

Ninjermy
04-23-2004, 07:24 PM
when your playing counter strike and its 5 cts verse 1 terrorist. the terrorist kills your 4 teammates so its u left against him. he knifes u.

humiliating...

Rochey69r
04-25-2004, 12:48 AM
PGR 2 - getting tapped on ur ass when going round a corner in a fast car like the enzo and spinning out and totalling your car into the wall. when u had a clean race going and were coming fats. now ur car looks like crap, forget that clean race bonus and now ur in 4th place.

SOF 2 - copping a randomly thrown knife to the head and dieing.

Splinter Cell 2 - getting choked and having trash thrown into your ears before they break your neck.

PapaSKooT
04-25-2004, 02:04 AM
-Knife
-Falling
-Suicide
-Suicide + Team Kill at same time
-Suicide and not killing anyone else in the process
-Killed by pistol/weak weapon

Cryogenic Pyro
04-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Ahh, I just thought of another one. Being cornered by monsters in invasion in UT2K4, not being able to jump over them, and having 150 shield and 199 life at the time. That sucks big time.

Prime | Terror
04-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Being knifed in RTCW, because RTCW is the hardest game to knife someone in.

lotec16
04-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Getting malee in the back in halo with your own flag :(

The Executioner
04-25-2004, 12:26 PM
When I first played RS3 I jpoined some ****ed up clan server and there was a clan of girls vs. boys...you get the picutre. EVERYBODY laughed a t me.

CronoEdge
04-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Getting malee in the back in halo with your own flag :(

I love doing that to my friends. You just get a certain satisfaction knowing that u owned somebody with their own flag. :P

It does bite when it happens to you though.

TOTTEN
04-25-2004, 01:26 PM
it really sucks when you try to do fire works in rs3 but the grenade falls back to you due to a roof

Ninjermy
04-25-2004, 01:33 PM
falling in the water in grand theft auto vice. can he not swim!!!! wtf???

Carnage.GOV
04-29-2004, 06:29 PM
i think the worst way of dyin online is when ur playin wolfestein and u get shoot of the assualt's axis spawn and bein chunked or jumpin of chateu to rush the allies and landin in the cellar door(chunks everywhere). on CS, ur tryin to sneak up on this kid that is gaurdin the bomb and u get him down to 8 health and he gets away from you. he then blows u away when a defender and every laughs at you(happen to a buddy of mine *DoNt ShOoT*)

Carnage.GOV
04-30-2004, 06:29 PM
When someone grabs my neck in SC and I hear them talk to trash I think to myself, wow this really sucks. But is it the worst way to die? Maybe being knifed in Counter Strike sucks even more. Or is it being pistol whipped in RTCW? Or maybe something even worse that you guys can think of. So what do you think is the worse way of dying or anything embarassing that can happen to you?

being pistol whipped on RTCW isnt that bad cause its real easy and the guns is a powerful as the regular guns, just that it isnt an auto and u have to aim well.

Unreal
04-30-2004, 08:11 PM
So what do you think is the worse way of dying or anything embarassing that can happen to you?
I think the worse way to die is to have someone disconnect before you can kill them :bang: :cuss: :rofl:

Reclaimer
05-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Getting ran over by your own team mates in a vehicle.

Having a plasma grenade stuck to your back and not know it.

Having a spawn camper repeatedly kill you before you can do anything about it.

Respawning underneath a moving vehicle in Halo

Respawning in the path of an incoming rocket or sniper round meant for someone else.

Falling to your doom after kicking ass o' plenty

Getting sniped and killed from all the way across the map from God only knows where it came from.

Teleporting into a room on top of a grenade.

Teleporting into a room as a rocket lands in the teleporter

Getting stuck because someone is blocking the otherside of the teleporter and you die.

Miss judging any movement on boarding action and falling into outer space.

Having a team mate drop a grenade right in the begining of CS as you are all just standing there.

Getting ran over by the get away warthog during capture the flag and you have the flag.

Having someone disconnect the server while playing a PC online game and not warn anyone.

Someone steals the health pack you so valiantly ran like hell to get with no shield, and one square of health left, and you get shot, though you made it all the way across the map that way.

Shooting down a banshee, only to have it fall on you.

Having a warthog land on you, and you have no idea how it got there.

Surviving a firefight, only to get killed in the stupidest manner.

Having the getway warthog leave you behind in capture the flag and you have the flag. "Run Forest, Run!"

The guy behind you in Ghost Recon has an M60 and he mows everyone down regardless of what team.

People who leave the map in Halo and kill people

Getting crushed between two vehicles in Halo

Respawning amongst the entire opposite team, by yourself.

The person covering you, kills you.

Getting shot by your team mate at point blank because you "scared him"

Finally, getting killed 5 times in a row because you keep getting respawned next to the tank that killed you in the first place.

wbio
05-01-2004, 08:34 AM
A melee in the back when playing Halo and the dude doing the hump move on you. That always bites ass, but, then again, it's kinda funny...especially when you do it back.......twice :D
Haha, but it sucks even more for the humper when he gets meleed while humping. And then gets humped himself, lol :hump:
I would have to say being killed while doing anything stupid in any game. Getting meleed in the back in Halo definetly sucks though

Reclaimer
05-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Part Two:

Getting the flag in a CTF game, take it all the way back to your base, only to die two feet from making the point, and nobody is there to take it, so you sit there dead, and watch the flag just sit there next to your corpse.

Hauling but across the map in a warthog, make a blind turn in time to get shot by a tank you didn't see.

Riding in the warthog as it get's blown up and..
A: You are the only one to live giving you false confidence, until you die by the guy who fires one shot at you.
B: You are the only one to live, but you die when you hit the ground.

Getting shot out of the air driving a warthog, in mid jump.

Having a tank round catch you from all the way across the map.

Getting pelted by the pistol, and you have no idea where it's coming from.

The silent death.. where you are walking along in Halo, and you just keel over dead from a shot to the head. You don't even hear the round, or see it.

Killing someone in a one on one encounter, only to die from the grenade he dropped two seconds prior to his death.

Having a mysterious grenade thrown from somewhere land at your feet. It may not have been intended for you at all. It just came from somewhere.

Getting meleed in the back as you are scoped in with the sniper rifle.

Trying to be cool, you try to shoot a moving warthog with your rocket launcher and you are successful, but:
A: You are too close and the blast kills you.
B: The now unmanned vehicle rolls over you.

Being the one guy who gets killed in a warthog full of people.

Getting killed while reloading.

Carnage.GOV
05-01-2004, 11:13 AM
the worst way of dying(i think) is when its a 2v1 on wolfestein and ur by yourself sniping and the other team is too stupid to have a medic so there both LT's and u shoot them both once. they then try to charge you in a STRAIGHT line and you peg them both with one shot and win.

Reclaimer
05-01-2004, 12:20 PM
the worst way of dying(i think) is when its a 2v1 on wolfestein and ur by yourself sniping and the other team is too stupid to have a medic so there both LT's and u shoot them both once. they then try to charge you in a STRAIGHT line and you peg them both with one shot and win.

Kind of reminds me.. I was playing Halo PC, and I got into a 1 on 1o scuffle away from the rest of the fight with this one guy. We're trading lead on the Ice Fields, guns blazing, all kinds of excitement going on. It was a straight out grudge match. He had me down to no shields, and barely any life left, and I hit him with a melee, and wore him out a bit with the AR. I knew he was close to dying as I was.. right until I was jumping in to do another melee, he switched from his pistol, to the other gun he was carrying, and I had no idea he had it. He had a rocket launcher, and he blew both our asses up. I literally saw the rocket launcher appear on his shoulder, and I though.. "Well, crap.." BOOM! Both of us died in a blink of an eye.

Then my lifeless body got ran over by a warthog coming through..

Or the time we where playing 16 man CTF on blood gulch, and they had their flag guarded by a bunch of dudes inside the base around the flag.
I couldn't get in, so I went on top and ran headlong into another guy on top. He stuck a plasma grenade to me. Well, I decided to live for the moment, and I dropped in on the guys with the grenade stuck to me, and I blew up 3 of them for the triple kill. (Along with me) I called it the Suicide Bomber..

But, karma gets served in mysterious ways.
We did the same to them, and I was part of 4 guys standing next to the flag with a shotgun, capping fools who came around the corner. Things where going well, until I heard the tell-tale sound of the banshee (this is in Halo: PC)
I looked up in time to see the banshee powerdiving into the top of the base, and he killed us all in the crash landing.

Nothing more wrong then what I did to a buddy of mine in Halo on the Xbox. I was driving up to the blue base on Blood Gulch, and he was standing in the doorway shooting at me. I was coming in at top speed and I lined up on the door. A split second before impact, I hopped out and the unmanned warthog went coasting into the doorway, running him over.

In Halo PC, it's customary since you can't speak to each other, in order to let someone know you want to ride in their warthog, you shoot a shot at it, to get the drivers attention. Well, I wanted to hitch a ride on a rocket hog, so I popped one with my pistol. It stopped, backed up, and as I walked up, the gunner shot me with the rocket launcher... Dag, that was mean.

Of course, I hate those bastages who kill their own teammates just because they want the banshee. When the game begins, everyone hauls it for the nearest banshee, ignoring everyother vehicle, weapon, or even the fight in general. I got to one, and as I was getting in it, this dude, on my team blows me up to take the banshee. Talk about sucking wind.

Gurantee: Those that want to ride shotgun on the tank are the ones to die first.
I was driving a tank, and I had two guys on my right tread. I rolled up and stopped to fire a round, except I shot the rock I was next to, instead of shooting over it.
The blast killed both guys. Sorry guys..

Final worse way to die (I love this thread).
Halo PC, Ice Fields.. CTF, I'm driving the warthog with two guys onboard. We make a daring raid on the enemy base. We lived through that, and I high tailed it out of there, taking the long bridge as a short cut. Enemy team had a road block set up in the middle of the bridge with a rocket hog, and a coulple of guys standing around it.
I was going so fast that as I crested the bridge ramp, I was airborne. The rocket hog fires and it goes beneath me, I landed nose first right into the rocket hog, sending it straight into the air, flipping backwards and over the side, killing the two guys in it. I crushed two guys in the process and ran over the last two on my way out.
That was cool.

Shorezy
05-01-2004, 01:29 PM
lol Reclaimer you truly do deserve credit for all those embarrasing ways! I have ONE more I think that everyone's forgot to mention, especially if you play R63. When you're running with a buddy at the start of a round, and all of a sudden a enemy appears and shoots at your buddy. As you go for cover, on a totally different angle and stance, a stray bullet hits your right between the eyes even though you wern't the intented target! It's not that it's so embarrasing, but DAMN is it frusterating.

BunnyRabbit
05-01-2004, 02:13 PM
I think its horrible when you try to be cool on counterstrike and you are attempting to knife the guy and make him look like a fool.. Yet he turns around and shoots you like a little mouse..

Duke
05-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Honestly? Any time that you're on the receiving end from Rude or Slammy.

Might as well take your ball and go home.

Reclaimer
05-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Lol, I was playing Counter Strike on the PC awhile back, and I was trying to be cool, like ninja style cool. I spotted a sniper, and I snuck around, and I was going to give him the knife in the back. I was all the way there, knife in hand, 2 inches before delivering the fatal blow, when his partner that I had not noticed lit me the heck up with the heavy machine gun at point blank.
That sucked bad.

Probably the most frusterating means of death is the lag-death. You can always tell who has the crappy connection when you watch them run, and they disappear and reappear elsewhere. It's really bad when the same happens with rockets. I was walking along on Death Island on Halo PC, when I **** you not, a rocket just appeared from nowhere and hit me. I saw the guy, I saw him fire something, and like a second later, here it is right in from of me.
The same with a lagged sniper. You hear the shot, there's a delay and you fall over dead, you don't even see the tracer.

Conchord
05-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Running into a room on RS3, finding an enemy, shooting an entire clip at him as his ***** ass crouches and stands back up repeatedly while moving around, then while your reloading, he kills you. Then going to the menu when you die and seeing that he hasnt even lost one bar of health...

:bang:

blazenko
05-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Getting killed my "Donkiebutz" or "I Am Happy" or some other corny name! GRR!

Reclaimer
05-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Getting killed my "Donkiebutz" or "I Am Happy" or some other corny name! GRR!

That annoys me sometimes, especially if I'm really having a hard time.

Like in Halo PC, where there's a constand dialogue scrolling on the left of the screen, keeping tabs on who's getting killed. I would see stuff like:
Reclaimer was killed by a vehicle. "a vehicle" was someone's name.
Reclaimer was killed by God
Reclaimer was killed by a girl
Reclaimer was killed by himself

At first it was funny, then it got annoying.
Oh yeah,
Reclaimer was killed by Deeznuts

Conchord
05-02-2004, 04:13 PM
I remember one time a few years ago on Ghost Recon PC, during a 32 player match in the swamp level, I took a newbie with me to wrap around this bottleneck that we just lost 3 guys in, me and this newb made our way around the cemetary where the bottleneck was at...since you cant use night vision on this level cause it only makes vision worse, all you can see is gray outlines of people...suddenly, as we were creeping through the cemetary, we spotted 10 enemy outlines...he (my newb partner) didnt realize what it was, so when I started shooting (i took out about 7 guys) he thought I was shooting at our teammates and he tked me. Then, about 2 seconds later, he was gunned down. It was depressing, but at the same time cool, because our plan sorta worked, and online gamers know that having a strategy working out is one of the biggest payoffs of online gaming...especially on the widely strategic GR maps...

BunnyRabbit
05-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Running into a room on RS3, finding an enemy, shooting an entire clip at him as his ***** ass crouches and stands back up repeatedly while moving around, then while your reloading, he kills you. Then going to the menu when you die and seeing that he hasnt even lost one bar of health...

:bang:

Oh yeah... No death on RS3 bets that one.. One time I took 6 people by myself in RS3... i got really lucky.. Lets just say I ran backwards from the whole army in and out of doorways shooting grenades after a failed attept of breaching charging my spawn door... I got so lucky all of them were coming at me.. they had to be embarassed.

Reclaimer
05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah... No death on RS3 bets that one.. One time I took 6 people by myself in RS3... i got really lucky.. Lets just say I ran backwards from the whole army in and out of doorways shooting grenades after a failed attept of breaching charging my spawn door... I got so lucky all of them were coming at me.. they had to be embarassed.

I remember playing the original Rainbow Six on my PC, and on the first mission, I was trying to throw a frag grenade into a room. I bounced it off the door frame and killed my team behind me.

The same happened in Conflict Desert Storm I. We had a 4 player team going. My friend who was playing Connors, was going to throw a grenade into an open window of a building that I (Bradley) and my other friend (Jones) was going to breach.
Jones and I went in, and Connors was late with the grenade. We came in shooting like rolling thunder. It looked great.. Like a SWAT team.. until I saw a grenade come through the window. It blew up in mid air, killing us both.
We had cleared the room for Foley to come in behind us, and Connors cleared the room of us.

X-Chris-X
05-02-2004, 11:01 PM
To me the absolute worst way to die is in halo. when you have a rocket launcher and you see your enemy and are in the heat of battle and you begin to lead him so you hit him dead on, but then you arent paying attention and lead to far to be zoomed in on the wall you just ran behind and kill yourself.

Whisper
05-02-2004, 11:34 PM

lol I have done that quite a bit, but I love haunting people with it

Reclaimer
05-02-2004, 11:39 PM
To me the absolute worst way to die is in halo. when you have a rocket launcher and you see your enemy and are in the heat of battle and you begin to lead him so you hit him dead on, but then you arent paying attention and lead to far to be zoomed in on the wall you just ran behind and kill yourself.

That sucks!
Riding shotgun in the warthog on Blood Gulch. I have a rocket launcher, and we where going in to do a drive by. I was scoped in, and as we where making our pass, I pulled the trigger just as we passed on of those rock formations next to the base. I didn't even see it coming and we came in really close like nearly scraping the rock, and the timing was wonderful. My rocket hits the rock and flips the truck over, of course killing me.

A buddy of mine has inpeccable aiming skills with the tank. He's like a sniper when he's driving, and he's really dangerous.
I was in the hog (like always) coming in, and I see the tank become active. So I made a 180 and went the other way, jumping over the small hill in the center of the map. BOOM!!! I caught a shell right in the back of the hog in mid air. The truck just starts flipping end over end, back over front through the air midway down the field, and I swear my dead body flapping arms and legs landed, at the foot of the front door to the red base.

I got him back though, I saw him get into a ghost while I was in a tank. He came after the other tank and jumped it's bow. I shot his ghost in the air, and his body nearly left the map, it went up so high. That's pretty cool when you achieve maximum hangtime with your opponents dead body.

Of course it sucks on Halo PC to be in the banshee flying at maximum altitude and get shot down by a tank. It takes like a good few seconds for your body to come crashing down with that familiar thud.

JJaX
05-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Worst way of dying?

Thats simple...

Playing R6, Waiting forever for everyone to ready up. Than you get team killed by some loser with lack of social skills.

Than all the noobs get all upset and say "who killed me" because they obvouisly cant read "X was killed by Y"

Than a name is thrown out, and everyone believes what thats the person team killing. But in reality it was the actual team killer that shouted a random name. Than all the noobs try to kill THAT person, and the team killer just laughs and keeps the crap up.

Than enters another winner, who just yells racist words and teams kills. Than his friend comes in blasting his cell phone ringer.

Than someone calls the host to boot the team killer. Than you get booted for team killing the team killer after the F'n map loads....