PDA

View Full Version : Halo Edition X Box

Rooster
04-23-2004, 01:53 AM
I just got my Halo edition X Box and fired her up so I had to share the news. THIS IS ONE SWEET LOOKING, ULTRA SMOOTH RUNNING POWERHOUSE GAMING MACHINE. AND YOU GET HALO FOR FREE WITH IT!!!!

I am very suprised that this great website has not mentioned anything about THE ONLY SPECIAL EDITION X BOX THE US GETS AT ALL!!! The Euros/Japanese have a Blue Kusami one, a Crystal Version and another also I believe. The US gets the Halo one and nothing else, but what we got will give the other ones a run for their money big time. THIS VERSION COST 20 BONES MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL AND IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY OF THAT 20.

Here is what you get:

1. A semi transparent Halo skin colored X box!! This one has the Halo 2 color to it and looks very slick and there is even a bonus about this sytem.
***These are almost all later model systems. Which means you will get the Samsung or Phillips drive which makes the games run much smoother and very few DDE's!!!***
I put in MVP Baseball 2004 and noticed the difference immeaditely.
A. Faster load times
B. Faster and smoother in-game play.
I had a Launch X Box, a fefurbished one also and this one now. I plan on getting another one because these are the best versions by far. I played MVP Baseball 2004 on both and it played much better on the Halo X Box, the game even looked better with the colors, animations, everything. I was very impressed to say the least.

2. A Halo color Controller

3. HALO FOR FREE!!! No one that owns a X Box should be without this game, it is one of the flagship games for the system. It shows what the system could do and that was just the tip of the iceburg really, look at screens of Fable, Sudeki, Halo 2, Crimson skies and others to see how much better it gets. Halo took the First Person shooter Genre and completely re designed the whole thing, it is the standard by which all other FPS games are measured and will be measured for a long time to come.

170. 170. 170. One Hundred and seventy is the retail price for this, but it will go up fast so get it while you can. Also they are not making a million of these, so it will become a rare item fast!!! Hopefully the sales will convince Microsoft to bring more out, but get one off EBGames.com while you can.
Now normally I would keep such a sweet secret that way, however I owe it to any fellow gamer to let the truth be known. THE HALO X BOX IS THE BEST VERSION OF THIS SYSTEM YOU CAN BUY WITHOUT MODIFYING ONE. IT HAS THE PHILLIPS OR SAMSUNG DRIVE, RUNS QUIETER/FASTER, HALO SKIN TO IT WITH 2 SPECIAL LIGHTS IN THE FRONT, A HALO COLORED CONTROLLER (KICK ASS) AND IS LUCH LIGHTER THAN THE OTHER ONES BUILT!!!!
Get this one while you can fellow X Heads, it is a gem!!! Any questions can be emailed to me at Bgwill1019@aol.com also. :cool:

l Maximus l
04-23-2004, 02:12 AM
By the way, I don't think I welcomed you to XBA yet...so, welcome to the XBA brethren.

Now, I applaud you for your purchase and admire your enthusiasm, however, there's several threads on here that you may have overlooked regarding this exact same topic. But, it's great to hear your person perpective...

I'd get one, but, I already own two XBoxes... but, hey, if a Crystal XBox came out, I may have to splurge :)

darkfusion
04-23-2004, 05:26 AM
Hehe, you seem pretty pleased with your new system to say the least Rooster :D

Congrats! :cheers:

I must admit, it does look pretty rad. I prefer my clear crystal Xbox though ;)

Oh and incase you missed the other threads, there have been quite a few regarding people getting their new Halo edition Xboxes, most of them have posted some photo's too. If you do a search then you could post some photo's of you'rs in one of those threads too :cool:

OT: I think Microsoft were expecting this bundle to mainly appeal to people that are new to Xbox considering they're bundling a game which just about every Xbox owner has. But it's quite ironic that so many people have bought a second Xbox don'tya think?!

BinaryXtreme
04-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeah, welcome to the forums. The friendliest dam bunch of XBOX addicts on Earth. Congrats on your new XBOX. They look great!

JADE8704
04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Congrats on your new system and welcome! I too own a limited edition HALO xbox and can share your enthusiasm for it. It is truly one of the best purchases I've ever made. I had to sell my LaunchBox just to have enough money to buy it, but like you said, it was worth every penny :)

-Natas-
04-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah....I know how you feel Rooster as I have a SE Halo Xbox also and it is much better then my other Xbox (V1.0 with a Thomson Drive). I got the Philips drive in mine and it does load the games faster and just seems to play better then my V1.0 Xbox. To top it all off it looks cool and has Halo with it (already had Halo but I will probably just sell the old copy) that has some cool Halo 2 trailers and a making of Halo 2 movie in the game demo section. :)

JADE8704
04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah....I know how you feel Rooster as I have a SE Halo Xbox also and it is much better then my other Xbox (V1.0 with a Thomson Drive). I got the Philips drive in mine and it does load the games faster and just seems to play better then my V1.0 Xbox. To top it all off it looks cool and has Halo with it (already had Halo but I will probably just sell the old copy) that has some cool Halo 2 trailers and a making of Halo 2 movie in the game demo section. :)

I think if you got it at EB they will take your old HALO game and put $20 on HALO 2

TuffEagle88
04-23-2004, 08:18 PM
my friend got one by returning one that he fried to walmart and trading it in. (the idiot had a party and didn't tell anyone that that outlet was 220) needless to say that he doesn't deserve it and I plan on killing him in his sleep at a Halo party we are having next friday. I WILL HAVE THAT XBOX............BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! First his xbox and then the world!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

oh BTW, welcome to XBA!