PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Underground 2 announced

OuFtb
04-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Electronic Arts has today announced that it will release Need for Speed Underground 2 for all current generation consoles and the Game Boy Advance this fall. Currently in development at EA Canada, the street racing sequel will boast a number of new features, including a free-roaming city environment comprising five distinct neighborhoods.

As they explore the city, players will encounter rival racers that can initiate contests, point them in the direction of racing hotspots, and show them where to buy the most sought-after licensed aftermarket parts for their cars. The game will feature 30 licensed vehicles and more than double the number of visual customization upgrades than were present in Need for Speed Underground--making for an impressive 70 billion possible car combinations.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/23/news_6094375.html

Uchiha Sasuke
04-23-2004, 10:30 AM
I hate underground and I hate imports. Bring back Hot Pursuit or something that has real cars. Why must EA do this!

Chaotic
04-23-2004, 10:50 AM
WOW :yikes: This is bad ass, i loved the first one.. but like said above why can't it be muscle cars and exotics...

SoundX
04-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Not another damn one, we have our Need for Speed street racer now. Find a new theme EA, you conners!

Variation-XBA
04-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Sweet! LOVED NFSU

BinaryXtreme
04-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Wow, that's great! The first game has tons of customizing features and more additions will make this game a blast. The game play is great as well. Definitely a title I'll buy.

Uchiha Sasuke
04-24-2004, 09:53 AM
WOW :yikes: This is bad ass, i loved the first one.. but like said above why can't it be muscle cars and exotics...

No Kidding Chaotic, I mean I loved the custom options in Underground, but the game would be a hell of alot better if they had some mean Vipers, some classics, and some exotic vehicles. To get me to buy this damn game they must have some better vehicles.

Rochey69r
04-25-2004, 12:30 AM
I hate underground and I hate imports. Bring back Hot Pursuit or something that has real cars. Why must EA do this!

Its a shame that 90% of americas population dosnt agree with you. idiot.

Professor Kaos
04-25-2004, 12:44 AM
I wish it could be muscle cars but I still like this game. Maybe they will put it on XBL.

lllSmokelll
04-25-2004, 02:28 PM
I wish it could be muscle cars but I still like this game. Maybe they will put it on XBL.
i dont see why they couldnt put muscle cars in it, they obviously got the idea from the game from The Fast and The Furious, they had muscle cars in 2Fast 2Furious, they could have exotic cars in it too, cause by the time u have all the upgrades n **** in the game the cars are going 220mph, about the same as a Ferrari and McLaren, they could just be unlockable once u have all the upgrades or something

George89
04-25-2004, 02:40 PM
I liked NFS more when it was the races with the cops chasing you. Now it's getting into street racing.....with no cops.

Uchiha Sasuke
04-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Its a shame that 90% of americas population dosnt agree with you. idiot.

I think it may be the other way around. All you dumbass kids are all wild about those ****ty ass imports. Ooo look I got a tricked out S2000 with this tight rear spoiler. Listen to me crank up my 15's and let blast my rap. I smoke anything on the road with my little ass 4 cylinder with nos. Get a life, imports suck and you know it. American Muscle owns you.

cheedoh
04-25-2004, 06:51 PM
You can't go judging a game without even knowing everything about it. Maybe there will be cops. Maybe there will be exotic/muscle cars. You never know.

rough_rida
04-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Sweet, NFSU was an amazing game. Hopefully the sequel will be just as cool.

The Jackal
04-25-2004, 07:25 PM
niiiiiice... i loved the first one... cant wait for this and all the new features

Rochey69r
04-26-2004, 04:00 AM
I think it may be the other way around. All you dumbass kids are all wild about those ****ty ass imports. Ooo look I got a tricked out S2000 with this tight rear spoiler. Listen to me crank up my 15's and let blast my rap. I smoke anything on the road with my little ass 4 cylinder with nos. Get a life, imports suck and you know it. American Muscle owns you.

Ok. For starters why don't you see them making an american muscle game? Because they are aiming at the mass market. With that said the mass market of videogamers are males aged 15-28. It seems to me that males in this age group prefer a 'tricked out S2000 with a tight rear spoiler' as you put it, than some 1969 Chev Corvette'. Besides S2000 is a bad example. If your gonna knock rice burners then at least knock the more popular models like, Nissan Skyline's or Toyota Supra's. American muscle dosnt own anyone idiot. However i just OwNeD your dumb ass :hump:

bostwick202
04-26-2004, 07:19 AM
agreed. Id take a hemi over some p.o.s import tubocharged an nos-ed up.

GreenWeenie
04-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Um...actuallt they DID release American Muscle games....like Ford Racing and Corvette....you can find them currently in the $5.99 bargin-bins at your local Cheapo Deepo. Thats the problem. Your never going to get a GOOD AM car game b/c there is not a big enuff market for it. I love old school cars, but I also drive a 97 Nissan 200sx se-r. I can get the parts to fix up my car anywhere I want (not Joes Hot hod shop that only caters to 50+ year olds anymore), my can can beat a stock 5.0, and I can drive the 4 hour trip to Dallas and back on a single tank of gas. Can a Hemi do that?

Max33
04-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Yep,thats the pathetic effectThe Fast & Furious has had on our culture.
Lime green Nissans in every small town across the nation.
Little red-headed hillbillies talkin bout nos.

GreenWeenie
04-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Um Max....Im from San Diego origionally, served in Japan for a year, and was finally stationed at Ft. Sill Oklahoma, liked the area and decided to stay here. I am no hill-billy....and besides the term hillbillie is a more "easetern" term. We use Red-necks. :cool:

Oh, and it is a White car not Lime Green... ;)

EDIT: Oh and I'm not talking NOS...in a term you would understand, it is "blown" or turbo-charged.

Max33
04-26-2004, 09:25 AM
All you rednecks & hillbillies look alike to me.

But seriously,there's a wave of kids in small towns tryin to emulate that movie.

GreenWeenie
04-26-2004, 09:33 AM
I don't disagree with you there...and its pathetic. Most of them think that if they put a black spray-painted Folgers Coffee can on their exhaust and put some hideous stickers on the side of their car that it is cool. All they look and sound like is a tacky lawn mower on crack. If done correctly, I love Imports to death. If you own a Tanabe (a.k.a. the bumble bee) Exhaust and a ton of stickers....bleugh.

CarGuy
04-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Yep,thats the pathetic effectThe Fast & Furious has had on our culture.
Lime green Nissans in every small town across the nation.
Little red-headed hillbillies talkin bout nos.

I couldn't agree more.

Uchiha Sasuke
04-26-2004, 02:02 PM
All you rednecks & hillbillies look alike to me.

But seriously,there's a wave of kids in small towns tryin to emulate that movie.

I sorta remember those imports not being so popular before that movie came out.

Rochey69r
04-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Well rarely in Australia do u see a lime green nissan with decals down the sides. But plenty of 'heroes' in their civics or stock as a rock integra's driving around like they own the road. Imports are nicer looking modern cars. They use less fuel than older 5.0's and are light. Don't forget the chicks love them also. Most girls walking the streets will turn their head at a nice japanese import with no stickers and a nice aftermarket blow-off valve or waste gate. rather than an oldschool Hemi. Vroooom....whoosh.....Vrooooooom...whoosh!

Glzmo
04-26-2004, 11:14 PM
The Reason Muscle Can't Be Put inunderground cause there two good... Seriously You Put A Super Charged V8 Old School Hemi Against a Twin Turbo'd Fully Sic Skyline Mate it's gonna get Raped Hands down... Ofcourse It'll Get The Jump but that's about it... But i'm with most of you Guys Bring Back Muscle... Street Rod Muscle...

Proof....
Fast and the Furious even to see how dodgy the film is it's good to see that they kinda keep it realistic... Last Scene Supra Vs Old School Muscle... How's The Supra Keep up??? 2 Shots of Nos and The Charger has to Break dosn't it.... so the movie that has created you idiots with your fully soup'd up skylines with there Turbo Charged Window Wippers and There Mirror Balls can Suck My Muscle....

Rochey69r
04-27-2004, 12:10 AM
The Reason Muscle Can't Be Put inunderground cause there two good... Seriously You Put A Super Charged V8 Old School Hemi Against a Twin Turbo'd Fully Sic Skyline Mate it's gonna get Raped Hands down... Ofcourse It'll Get The Jump but that's about it... But i'm with most of you Guys Bring Back Muscle... Street Rod Muscle...

Proof....
Fast and the Furious even to see how dodgy the film is it's good to see that they kinda keep it realistic... Last Scene Supra Vs Old School Muscle... How's The Supra Keep up??? 2 Shots of Nos and The Charger has to Break dosn't it.... so the movie that has created you idiots with your fully soup'd up skylines with there Turbo Charged Window Wippers and There Mirror Balls can Suck My Muscle....

Yes. As you can you see there are plenty of 'idiots with fully soup'd up skylines with turbo charged window wippers' in this thread.

Im not taking anything away from chargers or muscle, im just saying japanese imports are cheaper, more fuel economical and more modern than the oldschool chargers.

go and play your atari and drive your fuel guzling 'hemi' idiot.

and while your at it change your name to 'i live in the past'

Glzmo
04-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Isn't Ironic How The Idiot Calling me old and "I Live In The Past" seems to be a Kiss Fanatic... There Still Good But seriously dude Get Wit It... There Old There Almost Dead... Living in the Past Kiss Have Had 2 Farwell Tours were I Live So How Old ARE they.... Muscle Over Rice Burners Muscle With System Playing Kiss Over Rice Burner...

Rochey69r
04-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Isn't Ironic How The Idiot Calling me old and "I Live In The Past" seems to be a Kiss Fanatic... There Still Good But seriously dude Get Wit It... There Old There Almost Dead... Living in the Past Kiss Have Had 2 Farwell Tours were I Live So How Old ARE they.... Muscle Over Rice Burners Muscle With System Playing Kiss Over Rice Burner...

1. it's KISS, not Kiss.
2. Yes they are SERIOUSLY good
3. They had ONE farewell tour in 2000.
4. Most rock acts get better with age, take the rolling stones, metallica, iron maiden, deep purple and the The Offspring. They are all still respected musicians to this day. Unlike todays music where the artists are unheardoff in a year.

Like driving a car limits you to what music you listen. Rock On regardless your car. Make me proud, drive a rice burner and pump rock. drive a muscle and listen to rock :)

Glzmo
04-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Alright well you just agree'd with me then didn't you moron... Most Rock Acts Get Better with age so why is that any difference from Cars... Answer: There is No Different's The Cars Become Classics Just Like Artist's Songs E.g... Detroit Rock City... Classics... But Back on Topic Underground 2 with muscle HELL's YEAH!!!!

Rochey69r
04-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Alright well you just agree'd with me then didn't you moron... Most Rock Acts Get Better with age so why is that any difference from Cars... Answer: There is No Different's The Cars Become Classics Just Like Artist's Songs E.g... Detroit Rock City... Classics... But Back on Topic Underground 2 with muscle HELL's YEAH!!!!

Rock acts dont have engines that can be worn down with miles or a body that can rust. IdIoT.

Have fun with your lack of power steering and your 3 tonne chassis.

?!?IDiOt?!?

Glzmo
04-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Yes Rock Acts Don't Have Engines that Wear But They do have Faces that are now ****ed because of Decades of Make up... IDIOT!!!!

And as for engine's why is that any different to wearing on those straight 4's with no balls soon as you add something to the engine that's basically renewing certain parts of the engine so why can't we add and New Super Charges and Engine's IDIOT!!!!

Rochey69r
04-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Yes Rock Acts Don't Have Engines that Wear But They do have Faces that are now ****ed because of Decades of Make up... IDIOT!!!!

And as for engine's why is that any different to wearing on those straight 4's with no balls soon as you add something to the engine that's basically renewing certain parts of the engine so why can't we add and New Super Charges and Engine's IDIOT!!!!

Skyline's have 6's. Most imports do. 4's???!?!?! WTF?

As far as i know, wearing makeup on your face for 2-3 hours a night, 3 nights a week or so wont wear your face. Its called ageing and we all do it. idiot.

I may be a rampade KISS fan my friend but i would sooner be obsessed with a rock band than an imaginary made up character from a childrens movie.

Get some decent calls then get back to me N00B. all you have done to these forums is flamed. I find this a disgrace. give it up...go play atari and watch gremlins :rofl:

Glzmo
04-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Boooo.........

Glzmo
04-27-2004, 03:50 AM
Sorry for not giving an exact number of cams on the Engine sorry i didn't realise you were a wog that cruised up Chapple Every night... Get Back to Your Fubu wearing Friends......

And as For Having a Go At Gizmo i'm sure It was a block buster and last time i checked did better box office and at home then Detroit Rock City so if you wanna call me a NooB and and rat on me Collect the Info... Idiot then once you know what your talking about come back..... till then VRROOOOOOMMM...... TISSSSSSSS...... FULLY SIK ULAH.....

IDIOT!!!!!

Rochey69r
04-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Sorry for not giving an exact number of cams on the Engine sorry i didn't realise you were a wog that cruised up Chapple Every night... Get Back to Your Fubu wearing Friends......

And as For Having a Go At Gizmo i'm sure It was a block buster and last time i checked did better box office and at home then Detroit Rock City so if you wanna call me a NooB and and rat on me Collect the Info... Idiot then once you know what your talking about come back..... till then VRROOOOOOMMM...... TISSSSSSSS...... FULLY SIK ULAH.....

IDIOT!!!!!

When did this arguement start about movies? Detroit Rock City wasnt made to be a blockbuster. It was made for young teenagers to have a laugh or two. Gene Simmons even said he wasnt expecting it to be a smash hit at the box office.

Collect the info?? you idiot. it's CHAPEL street. maybe you should be collecting your info before you acuse me of being a wog that has fubu wearing friends.

and for the record, wogs don't wear FUBU.

GreenWeenie
04-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Ummm.....whats a wog? And FYI...here in the states most imports DO have 4 bangers in em. Its the rare ones that have 6. And no skylines...

Spaztic
04-27-2004, 08:50 AM
can't wait, the last NFSU was off the hook. Best racer on xbox IMO!

Rochey69r
04-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Ummm.....whats a wog? And FYI...here in the states most imports DO have 4 bangers in em. Its the rare ones that have 6. And no skylines...

a WOG is a Western Orientle Gentleman.

No Skylines No Decent imports.

who the fu<k drives a 4 banger?? they are pathetic. over here in AUS if you have a four you get the sh|t teazed outta you.

Get a Turboed SIX or go home.

Glzmo
04-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Green Weenie is a Weenie you don't know what a wog is??? 4's 6's there both ****...Go the 8's Even 10 And Why Not a 12.....