PDA

View Full Version : Dont like the game?? Just return it....

egg
01-14-2002, 10:32 PM
I have read many threads saying.. "I SURE WISH I COULD TAKE THIS GAME BACK"......OK heres the deal.. I know some of you figured this out and have been doing this for years.. just for the few that needs alittle help.... Just go pick up any game from your favorite store.. Take it home and play it..."What the hell, this game sucks" Now.. just take it back and tell them something is wrong with it and you want a new one...Take your new sealed game to a different store(SAME CHAIN) and tell them any story....BAM.. got your money back or you exchanged it for a differnt game.... SIMPLE

JUST ANOTHER TIP FROM YOU UNCLE EGG :)

Halo69
01-14-2002, 10:46 PM
Dude, you gotta be living under a rock because most game stores have recently revised their return policies so you can't take a game back anymore if you don't like it. Only defective games for same game.

-Halo69

egg
01-14-2002, 10:48 PM
ok rock boy.. You need to read my post alittle more carfully.....THANKS Come again! :)

manboy
01-14-2002, 11:46 PM
Great idea egg! But uh, why not just read a review and rent the game before you buy? =b

LynxFX
01-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Done it once, felt guilty, haven't done it since. Will probably do again in the future if I have to but that is a last resort. :D

GokuX
01-15-2002, 03:29 AM
I believe renting would help U control your spree of lame game returning. U wanna know how many bad games I've bought. Zero. The reason, I rent before I buy. Might be a new concept to some though. I feel bad for the foolz that bought Kabuki warriors and Batman:Vengence. I say if U bought those without renting first or reading reviews then U deserve to be out $50.

noodleboy
01-15-2002, 06:27 AM
When I had my SNES, I got NHL 97 and didn't like it at first so I did the whole "this game is defective and I want a new one deal". Well for some reason the guy said,"No Problem" and when he came back with the sealed version, he opened it up right in front of me. Smart guy, I guess he knew this game, but luckily I kept it and ended up playing it for a long time. But I don't do that stuff anymore, just rent or demo first, then buy.

Except for Halo, sometimes you just know.

Toonz
01-15-2002, 07:24 AM
Ya anywhere I go exchanges are for same title only once you break the seal

robnyack
01-15-2002, 08:07 AM
EB let's you return the game if you do not like it, and get ANOTHER game in it's place. But, the sale is final after that.

Great policy if you ask me.

Hugh_Jass
01-15-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
EB let's you return the game if you do not like it, and get ANOTHER game in it's place. But, the sale is final after that.

Great policy if you ask me.

Yes, but they charge $5 more than anywhere else. If you rent before you buy you reduce the risk even further.

gtaplayer
01-15-2002, 12:40 PM
yea i have max payne and i beat it the first week i got it, and now iw anna return it i got it around xmas time...u think theres still a chance i can return it??? besides i bought it at toys r us and they said they would check the game 2 see if its playable...but i wanna return it for another...what should i do?

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-15-2002, 01:25 PM
i knew that already.

skoot182
01-15-2002, 01:36 PM
Gamer, do you want me to host that image 4 you? Angelfire doesnt allow hotlinking (aka what your doing)

Vteck3000
01-15-2002, 04:58 PM
I was wondering. What if you bring back a sealed game back to EB without a receipt .............. will they exchange it for another new game ????????????? And what if you bring back a sealed game without a receipt again but you exchange at EB for a game of another console ............ can that be possible ???????? just would like to know. Thank you :cool:

K Dawg
01-15-2002, 05:41 PM
actually hugh, where i live renting a game at blockbuster now costs like 6 bucks......so eb actually does have the better deal.

delawaremike
01-15-2002, 09:08 PM
EB is excellent. I returned evo 4x4 after 10 days for NFL 2k2 with out an explanation.

xboxking
01-16-2002, 06:42 AM
I've only ever returned 2 games. hmm...ONLY :-)

1) Mortal Kombat for Sega Mega Drive. The excuse I used was to get my mum (as you say in the states, mom), to say it was too violent and that she did not know her son was getting such a violent game. Amazingly it worked and I got a total refund.

2) NBA Live 99 for Sega Mega Drive. I went in and said there was a problem with the game and wanted to exchange it. They told me I needed to prove it to them. So they took me to the video department and plugged the game in. I don't know if it was the game, but amazingly, when I pressed all the buttons, the game froze on startup. I had practiced this b4 and was relieved that it worked when I tried it on their machine. I don't know whether it was an error in the game or a fluke. The game worked perfectly. Anyway, they just presumed the whole game was stuffed and they exchanged it for NBA Jam.

See games can be exchanged depending on the reason and a bit of luck helps as well.

Vteck3000
01-16-2002, 08:57 AM
But is it possible to return a sealed game without a receipt to EB?????????