PDA

View Full Version : Your Character's Name in Morrowind

BoundBruiser
04-23-2004, 05:15 PM
One of the hardest things to do in a game as long as Morrowind is to come up a name for your character that you apprieciate throughout the whole game. I'm just wondering what names you guys have come up with. So far I have an imperial named Giel Raime and a nord named Vechter which means fighter in Deutch.

Brutus
04-23-2004, 05:18 PM
My guy is my ol' D&D name. I was an elf back in the day named Mifflin.

Shadow20002
04-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Shadow... :cool:

TheWheelMan
04-23-2004, 06:22 PM
My buddy named my character hes Ravfuer and my friends name is Thanatos

CarGuy
04-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I just took my name and rearranged the letters. Jase = Saje

TuffEagle88
04-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Mine is Boulvaur. He is a nord and I was trying to spell one of the Viking warrior's names from the movie, "The 13th Warrior". A really awesome movie BTW, but I don't think I spelt his name right. Next time I make a character I think he is going to be a dark elf named Anthros, hes gonna be a mean SOB, Morong Tong. :)

TheWheelMan
04-23-2004, 08:18 PM
I am now the grandmaster of the morang tong and 1 away from being head of the thieves guild :)

Shadow20002
04-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Congrats.... :)

-Natas-
04-23-2004, 10:27 PM
My Current character stats are:

Name: Natas
Race: Khajiit
Class: Spellsword
Sign: The Ritual

This character is on my old Xbox and I have to make a new character since I got the new xbox and no memory cards. Not sure what race, class, or sign I will use for my new character but his name will be the same as my GT. :)

Xorg
04-24-2004, 12:08 AM
My guy's name is Xorg and he is a Dark Elf with a custom made class

Max33
04-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Mines an Imperial named Maxwell

TuffEagle88
04-24-2004, 11:17 AM
yea, mine has a custom made class also. His specialization is combat I believe and his medium armor and axe are both at 100, with athletics around 95 and longblade at about 75.

Prime | Terror
04-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Terrorist

2 pics I took a couple years ago
http://forum.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7040

http://forum.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6949

Max33
04-24-2004, 01:28 PM
MAXWELL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Health 461
Magicka 97
Fatiuge 433
------------------------
Level 66
Race Imperial
Class custom(Drifter)
------------------------
Strength 119/99
Inteligence 97
Willpower 98
Agility 116/100
Speed 100
Endurance 100
Personality 98
Luck 40
--------------------------------
Major Skills
Security 76
Sneak 100
Light armour 98
Short Blade 100
Speechcraft 100
Minor Skills
Acrobatics 100
Mercantile 98
Athletics 100
Armourer 70
Block 92
Misc Skills
Medium Armour 91
Heavy Armour 75
Blunt Weapon 28
Axe 67
Spear 53
Enchant 53
Destruction 83
Alteration 51
Illusion 85
Conjuration 19
Mysticism 52
Restoration 46
Alchemy 46
Unarmoured 53
Marksman 44
Hand to Hand 31
-----------------------------------------------
Faction
-----------------------------------------------
Thieves Guild / Toad (I did all the quests in a previous game & cant see any reason to do em again)
Great House Telvanni / SpellWrite
Ashlanders / Hearthfriend
Blades / Operative
Imperial Legion / Knight of the Imperial Dragon
----------------------------------------------
Sign The Warrior
Reputation 46
Bounty 0

Tetsuo
04-24-2004, 01:52 PM
originally posted by Max33
MAXWELL
I was going to suggest what it looks like Max did...
every once and awhile I name my character (if it's the right gender) my own name. It might sound silly at first, but oddly enough, it really increases your immersion in the game when people are calling you by your real name.

Max33
04-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Yep...thats why I do's it

You played any Morrowind?

Satch
04-24-2004, 04:09 PM
I agree that when they call you by your real name, it's much better.

Name: Jared
Class: Assassin
Race: Wood Elf
Sign: Theif

Level: 73

All major and minor skills at 100.

All attributes at 100

Morag Tong: Grandmaster
Fighter's Guild: Master
Great House Hlallu: Grandmaster
Theive's Guild: Ringleader
Imperial Legion: Night of the Imperial Dragon
Mage's Guild: Master Wizard
Blades: Operative
Temple: Initiate
Imperial Cult: Laymen

I have yet to find someone who is more advanced than me at this game...if someone is please tell me I would love to know your stats.

Xorg
04-24-2004, 09:50 PM
I agree that when they call you by your real name, it's much better.

Name: Jared
Class: Assassin
Race: Wood Elf
Sign: Theif

Level: 73

All major and minor skills at 100.

All attributes at 100

Morag Tong: Grandmaster
Fighter's Guild: Master
Great House Hlallu: Grandmaster
Theive's Guild: Ringleader
Imperial Legion: Night of the Imperial Dragon
Mage's Guild: Master Wizard
Blades: Operative
Temple: Initiate
Imperial Cult: Laymen

I have yet to find someone who is more advanced than me at this game...if someone is please tell me I would love to know your stats.
If I had enough time in my hands I could do that. my problem is that I restarted the game to much becuase I found something better so I had to start over. For example I learned that the only two good signs are the lady or the atronach, but the atronach is the best one as any other sign was worthless later on. Then switching from xbox to pc I had to start over again.

Viper87227
04-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Just like in every RPG I ever play, my charictor is named Chibaulski... beet that bizznitches :hump:

RockTheCasba
04-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Mine is mierda which means Shi* in spanish

hey_dude
04-24-2004, 11:10 PM
my guys name is Buddy ol' friend of mine...its funny what you can get ppl to say like "hello My biatch how is you day going?"
im in all guilds and have a rep of 5
i have been playing for 3 days
my long sword is at 1873
short sword 1689
axe 638
spear 783
marksmanship 837
(fun with bound weapons)

Xorg
04-25-2004, 12:04 PM
my guys name is Buddy ol' friend of mine...its funny what you can get ppl to say like "hello My biatch how is you day going?"
im in all guilds and have a rep of 5
i have been playing for 3 days
my long sword is at 1873
short sword 1689
axe 638
spear 783
marksmanship 837
(fun with bound weapons)
You now you are going to regret doing that later on. Especially if they are your major/minor skills.

Max33
04-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Tell ya what I screwed up initally.
I kinda cheated to jack up some skills when I first started(parked a certain distance from a stupid NPC in sneak mode to jack up that skill,let my dude swim all night etc.)
and ended up cheating myself outta mutiples on my atributes.
So later on in the game I had to really take control of my leveling up by making sure I always got mutiples of 5 using my misc skills.
So I'll be able to max out all my atributes accept my luck.

StKurtIII
04-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Saint Kurt

wbio
04-26-2004, 06:35 AM
Enginaugwa :watchout:

Ok, I don't really have the game, but it I did, it would be Enginaugwa (in-gin-og-wa)

Brutus
04-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Enginaugwa :watchout:

Ok, I don't really have the game, but it I did, it would be Enginaugwa (in-gin-og-wa)
You should buy it. It's good for about a thousand hours of play time.

hey_dude
04-26-2004, 05:55 PM
You now you are going to regret doing that later on. Especially if they are your major/minor skills.

accually their just my misc. skill *phew* my lit. sis's name it patrika shade

ScottTheKilla
04-26-2004, 06:01 PM
The same name I use in all rpgs i play....Bad Mofo

xboxman_1
04-26-2004, 10:10 PM
My buddy named my character hes Ravfuer and my friends name is [B}Thanatos[/B]

Isn't that from Magic: The Gathering?

My name in Morrowind is...Redman i think.

StudioAlex
04-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Since I owned Morrowind these are all the characters I've created, note many barely lasted for a day or two. None of them ever got around to saving the world.

Krey- bosmer scout, almost beat main quest, but crashing got so bad I gave up playing him. Later I learned how to keep the game running smoothly but it was too late for him.

Musashi- redguard samurai, here's a note for ya, light armor as your default kind of sucks unless you find some galss armor early on.

Yamagata- somekind of dunmer, stuck in Balmora

Three Times One Minus One- created because I thought it would be hilarious for the racist ass dunmer to be worshiping an Argonian as the nerevarine. Never got out of Seyda neen.

Black Empress Aria- some magic chica that never got out of seyda neen

Paab- a Dunmer Crusader and comeplete ass kicker

Hammer Smash Face- an Orc barbarian, and the only guy since Krey I've stuck with. I think I've found out who I truly am, inside, a crazy Orc who murders women on the side of the road. It all has to do with my orc mother you see. She was a bad orc mommy. Always making me dress up like an orc-ette. I'm boy, dammit. I'm a boy...

Brutus
04-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Wow. I'm realizing that there are a whole bunch more of the D&D nerds than I thought. I'm one too, don't get me wrong.
But now that it's in the digital age, there are so many more people, I think.
Anyone else been doing this for a while and see the differences?
I mean, back in 1989, when I was 8, a computer character like what we get in Morrowind was completely non-existent. Who would even fathom something like that!
I guess I'm just saying that I'm very glad that there's more! Good fun it is!

hey_dude
05-02-2004, 12:01 AM
un fortunatly i saved over my good file so now i have a low character Varmista

SPARTAN VI
05-02-2004, 12:11 AM
I just bought the GOTY ed. and my old character, Zell, is on the old Xbox. The new one is named Seifer, both names are from FF8. ;)

TuffEagle88
05-02-2004, 08:37 AM
I just bought the GOTY ed. and my old character, Zell, is on the old Xbox. The new one is named Seifer, both names are from FF8. ;)

booo!!! FF games suck. How dare you bring that trash up in a Elder Scrolls discussion.

you should be ashamed of yourself. ;)

SPARTAN VI
05-02-2004, 03:49 PM
booo!!! FF games suck. How dare you bring that trash up in a Elder Scrolls discussion.

you should be ashamed of yourself. ;)

Everything after FF8 got exponentially crappier, but there are a ton of people that would argue otherwise. So no, I'm not ashamed of porting cool ass names. :p

If it makes any difference, I saw Seifer in the Matrix before I played FF8. :confused:

Shorezy
05-02-2004, 04:01 PM
The name for my chars are usually either Orofang or Galenmundo. They're usually Dark Elves. I got the names from a Middle-Earth name generator by putting in my Name, Nicknames or variations of my name. You can get some pretty cool results and it gives you Elven, Orkish, Halfling or even Dwarven names. Try it out if your stuck for names!

The Middle-earth Name Generator (http://www.barrowdowns.com/middleearthname.asp)

:cheers:

StudioAlex
05-02-2004, 10:49 PM

Oh man, I can't believe you named your character after Zell, he was such a weiner. Final Fantasy rules, just so you haters know. Also, Cloud is the toughest mother ever.

TuffEagle88
05-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Oh man, I can't believe you named your character after Zell, he was such a weiner. Final Fantasy rules, just so you haters know. Also, Cloud is the toughest mother ever.

wow! hold the phone! Clouds a hermaphordite? How else could (he is it) be a mother??? I knew FF was gay but this is crazy! :p

Jet
05-03-2004, 09:19 PM
My guys name was Mr. Hell. Don't know why I picked that one, just sort of came up with it.

TuffEagle88
05-03-2004, 09:36 PM
The name for my chars are usually either Orofang or Galenmundo. They're usually Dark Elves. I got the names from a Middle-Earth name generator by putting in my Name, Nicknames or variations of my name. You can get some pretty cool results and it gives you Elven, Orkish, Halfling or even Dwarven names. Try it out if your stuck for names!

The Middle-earth Name Generator (http://www.barrowdowns.com/middleearthname.asp)

:cheers:

thats a fun link, thanks. :cheers:

RockTheCasba
05-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Esgalgalad
Esgalgaladion
Mungo Bushey from Hobbiton
Rowan Bushey from Hobbiton
Nerin Redarms
Golzog the Blood-Axe
Kildilak

those are the names i got man htats sweet. when i get morrowind for pc im using one of them names.

SPARTAN VI
05-03-2004, 09:51 PM
wow! hold the phone! Clouds a hermaphordite? How else could (he is it) be a mother??? I knew FF was gay but this is crazy! :p

Bah Zell was kick ass, he was the much needed comic relief. And Tuff, you're only allowed one image in your signature. ;)

TuffEagle88
05-03-2004, 10:01 PM
ohg have mercy upon me all mighty spartan, I promise not to lead that rebellion against the administrators *cough*thisyear*cough* that I've been talking about :) if you let me keep it till the election. :D

rolling stone
05-04-2004, 10:26 AM
my guys name is ballslapper, he's mega cool :cool:

SPARTAN VI
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
ohg have mercy upon me all mighty spartan, I promise not to lead that rebellion against the administrators *cough*thisyear*cough* that I've been talking about :) if you let me keep it till the election. :D

Or you can paste both images into one file. I don't know what the big deal is, but rules are rules. We can't make exceptions. :confused:

brozz
05-08-2004, 02:49 PM
My characters name is Dominus Fatalis. It means Dark Lord, or Lord of Death in Latin (loosly translated) He's a level 64 custom class Dark Elf

ColdArmoR
05-08-2004, 06:57 PM
I recently bought Morrowind: GotY, I named my character Drakkon.. He is a Dark Elf.

Evilernie
05-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Imzadi. It means "My beloved" in Betazoid.