PDA

View Full Version : Zoonami Announces Funkydilla

OuFtb
04-23-2004, 06:11 PM
UK-based development studio Zoonami has long been on the radar of Nintendo fans for a couple of reasons: 1) it's headed by ex-Rare employee Martin Hollis, who was project leader on such games as GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark. And 2) Nintendo of America has allegedly for several years been working closely with the company. But it turns out Zoonami's first title is not a GameCube exclusive or, for that matter, even a first-person shooter.

The company today announced that it is in development with Funkydilla, a rhythm-based action game for "all game platforms."
Zoonami explained that Funkydilla is revolutionary approach to the genre of music-mix games. The title enables players to arrange vocal lines and phrases, which rise from the bottom of the screen to the top, in any order or combination -- it'll even be possible to play the samples simultaneously. Funkydilla also employs a wide range of popular musical content and includes fast-paced mechanics. The game will feature cooperative and two-player battles.

"The game industry badly needs new ideas and gameplay innovation," said Martin Hollis, founder/director, Zoonami. "Funkydilla is different from all the other games in its genre."

"This is a game anyone can enjoy with their friends and family. Everyone in the room has fun watching or playing," Hollis added.

Funkydilla does not yet have a publisher. Hollis points out that the title is a perfect match for licensed music and its wide following. "The right publisher for this game will want to create multiple editions of the game, each with its own artist or collection of artists involved," Hollis said. "Pick a popular artist like Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, or Beyonce and their loyal fan base will be all over it. Go in other directions, like Usher, Evanescence, or Moby and you have a completely different game, ready for the next party, high school event or casual get together."

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/508/508766p1.html

It will in no way be bought by me but some people might like it.

Unreal
05-04-2004, 01:26 PM
I am always willing to give music games a shot, if they are fun. I have Space Channel 5 (Dreamcast), Samba Da Amigo (Dreamcast), and Amplitude (Playstation 2). So have a good music game on the Xbox would be cool :D