PDA

View Full Version : EA, welcome to Xbox Live!!!!

prakeem
04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
I never hated or disliked EA, so this is good news to me. And it looks like xbox gamers may see a "battlefield" game on Live afterall!

source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/508/508793p1.html)

edit: it's not 100.00% offcial, but it might as well be :)

xbox is so COOL
04-23-2004, 10:42 PM
AWESOME!!! yaaaaaaaay, now to get those other companies

Cryogenic Pyro
04-23-2004, 11:01 PM
I think this is cool stuff. I also have never hated nor really liked EA, but I'm sure this will make a lot of people happy.

Koopa
04-23-2004, 11:19 PM
i've hated EA.....but if it gets me a battlefield game on xbl, i'm for it.

and seeing as EA sports is pretty popular, i guess its good for the system.

CharlieHustle
04-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Its very good for the system, I personally dont like EA sports title, but many of the casual gamers do. But this is very, very good for the XBOX. I wanna see how this is goin to effect us, because i dont want to pay to play their games, i pay 50 dollars a year as it is already, i refuse to have another online fee.

Slowride
04-24-2004, 12:47 AM
This is awesome. I love ncaa 2004 and if it's live in 2005 i'll pick it up again.

"Another possibilitiy is that it's working on a new monetary package to pay for online play."

that statement struck me as odd. Does that mean we might have to pay money on top of an xbl subscription to play EA on live?

BinaryXtreme
04-24-2004, 01:45 AM
I love the idea. Just think how much better past EA titles would have been with Live enabled. Need For Speed or NFL Street are more of the current titles. I think it's great.

LynxFX
04-24-2004, 02:47 AM
If they said the new Battlefield that is coming out, not 1942 or Vietnam, then I would be excited but they are just bringing an almost 2 year old game to Live. No point in getting excited about that IMO as I've played the hell out of them on the PC and will continue to do so.

At least they are finally on board, and as anyone who has been around here knows, I hate EA's Xbox division. I've got the pics to prove it. :D

DocHoliday78
04-24-2004, 03:01 AM
YEAHHHHHHH, ****ING AWESOME. Seriously i am so juiced...

ALC
04-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Tiiiiight, I may actually purchase an EA xbox game now, I wasn't boycotting, I just never felt it necessary to spend money onan EA game :p

NBA street 3 online would be kickass

wbio
04-24-2004, 06:20 AM
Awesome, I think this will do a lot for Xbox, as well as take away one of the few things PS2 owners can brag about. The only games I'm interested in out of the ones they mentioned are NCAA 2005 and Battlefield. But NBA STreet v3 will be sweet on XBL. Those are about the only EA games I ever play though

Prime | Terror
04-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Battlefield will be coming LIVE right?

AlBoogy
04-24-2004, 09:20 AM
I hate to be skeptical but look at who all the quotes are from. An ex-EA rep, a sega employee and someone on wall street. Ill wait until E3 to get excited about it.

Xbox Owner
04-24-2004, 10:26 AM
It's not true guys...

"It's not real guys. Read the rest of the article at IGN. "EA and Microsoft firmly deny their change in plans. "EA and Microsoft do not have an agreement for including online capability in EA titles for Xbox," said an EA representative. "We have a solid partnership with Microsoft and many titles in development for the Xbox. Discussions are ongoing.""

that's in the same article....

just more ign BS

BananaMan
04-24-2004, 11:08 AM
it don't mean it's not true xbox owner....

Xbox Owner
04-24-2004, 11:30 AM
it don't mean it's not true xbox owner....

Yes it does.

""EA and Microsoft do not have an agreement for including online capability in EA titles for Xbox," said an EA representative. " :watchout:

Duke
04-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Eh, I don't think it's a solid yes or no either way.

If, as the article stated, they're putting the finishing touches on an agreement, I could still see both sides denying it. Especially if they want to make the big announcement at e3.

But it's not official till it comes from one of them. Personally, I've been doing fine w/out EA on live. I look forward to when they do make a deal (and I'm sure they will eventually), but I won't be overly excited whether it happens next month or a year from now.

borka105
04-24-2004, 01:35 PM
the best company with the best games now making online playable games for XBOX is the best news the XBOX system has had since it has come out...

EA single handily destroyed the DC..

-borka105

Variation-XBA
04-24-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm hoping so , cause I want Burnout 3 on LIVE damnit! >_<

CharlieHustle
04-24-2004, 02:44 PM
the best company with the best games now making online playable games for XBOX is the best news the XBOX system has had since it has come out...

EA single handily destroyed the DC..

-borka105

You got two of the three things right. But they are not the best company(Ubisoft). They are the most popular and most powerful company, buy far. And also, they did destroy the DC. I hope its true though, this will be great news for the XBOX.

JADE8704
04-24-2004, 04:29 PM
finally...hopefully everything works out between EA and MS...I'd love to play NCAA football on Live

l Maximus l
04-24-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm with Duke on this one...I've been quite content not having EA on XBL...and if they decide to go Live, then, it's good news, however, I don't think I'll likely jump on the bandwagon. Especially with Halo 2 coming out...

Anthony4sho
04-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Online EA or not, I'm still stickin with SEGA.

JADE8704
04-25-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm with Duke on this one...I've been quite content not having EA on XBL...and if they decide to go Live, then, it's good news, however, I don't think I'll likely jump on the bandwagon. Especially with Halo 2 coming out...

True...I probably won't find any time to play any EA titles once Halo 2 hits the shelves.

mattgame
04-26-2004, 11:31 AM
I hate to be skeptical but look at who all the quotes are from. An ex-EA rep, a sega employee and someone on wall street. Ill wait until E3 to get excited about it.

Yeah well I don't see it happening this year though. It would be nice.

Brutus
04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
It's about time. And all of you guys thought emailing them a million times wouldn't do anything.
(I.E.) See earlier post of mine. HATE EA! / Boycott E.A.

Carnage
04-26-2004, 04:23 PM
It's about time. And all of you guys thought emailing them a million times wouldn't do anything.
(I.E.) See earlier post of mine. HATE EA! / Boycott E.A.

lol

Im with the others on this one. meh if they go live, meh if they dont. Live is doing just fine without EA.

BORNGD
04-26-2004, 05:47 PM
do ps2 owners pay extra to play ea games online? or will it only be xbox users (if they go that route)?

Brutus
04-26-2004, 05:52 PM
lol

Im with the others on this one. meh if they go live, meh if they dont. Live is doing just fine without EA.
Hey, at least now I'm open to buying Madden if they're going to have downloadable rosters! I don't even have LIVE yet.
But MADDEN has always been a really fun football experience.
What I'm really looking forward to is Map downloads on War games and action titles like buffy and Battlefield.
That's what a guy really needs!

mattgame
04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
I still say not this year. It sounds nice but it's not gonna happen that fast.