PDA

View Full Version : Xboxaddict.com Gets Screwed Over?

Ninja Scroll
01-15-2002, 11:19 AM
Has anyone noticed the new post on the home page of this site?
Microsoft awarded teamxbox.com an award for all their support before and after the Xbox shipped.

Now I commend xboxaddict for posting this news being that we are all family, since we all support Microsoft and it's killer next-generation console. Micosoft even gave them a trophy with engraving on the statue. If you follow the link it will show you the news and Microsoft statement.
I mean im happy for teamxbox.com but what about our guys?

I looked (for the first time) at their forum boards and that pretty much answered any doubts I had.
Those guys are over flooded with thousands of members.
I figure that is the only explination since I cant figure out another.

The main reason I joined the addict team is because of thee much smaller community. Now I would love for it to grow much bigger now, but you know what I mean.

All im saying is Microsoft needs to open their d@mn eyes and give props to all the dedicated Xbox sites no matter their preference for what have you.
Sorry guys for that long post, just kinda pi$$ed that my dawgs got no props:eek: !!

here is a the pic of the trophy/award Microsoft awarded teamxbox, f'n screw job if you ask me! And I know you did :D
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/dailyposts/txbxboxlaunch.jpg

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 11:26 AM
First off...that trophy is bad ass! :D

As for this site...to me, we don't need a trophy. We all know that this site is the best of the best...though, TeamXbox is, undoubtably, a great site, too :D To me, this is almost like my home away from home...and gives us the great opportunity to really make some great friends that are also obsessed with XBox gaming. You all have to admit this: We are probably the most pyschotic Xbox gamers on the net :D Don't get me wrong, this is a very good thing :D hehe....Hence the perfect name for this site: XBoxAddict.com!

~~~XboX AdDicT.cOM pRyDE!!!!!~~~

LynxFX
01-15-2002, 11:36 AM
This site is definately the better of the two. You guys should have gotten the trophy, which is very bad ass.

My only gripe would be to get rid of that stupid nurse at the top of the boards. :p

batman46st
01-15-2002, 12:45 PM
i like coming in here and most of the time i get some replys to my threads from peope that know wat im talking about i swear i hate this ps2 people.. also i like seeing the threads in here u know even though ninja gets a lil carried away with ninja ish lol and maximas **** u go 2 thousand something in posts dammmmmn dude home away from home u aint lying. plus i like my friends in here i can talk with peace about xbox and not get flamed im tired of argueing with the xbox haters there just ignorant. in all honesty this site needs no award.

Ninja Scroll
01-15-2002, 01:36 PM
yeah max, I guess your right. I was pretty heated up with my previous post. But im cool now;)
Your right, we dont need a trophy to know we are special. You make a good point. We are like a family, and we all pretty much know one another. I could'nt ask for a much better group of guys to have as Xbox commrades!:)

Let's face it, cant no website or forum board be as carismatic, cool, or in my case-as good looking as da fellas in xboxaddict!:cool:

P.S. ....... I still think we got screwed & robbed! :D

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 01:47 PM
lol, Ninja...I wasn't actually disagreeing with you...I just thought I would kindly point out that this site is designated for the abnormal XBox gamer...meaning, to people like us that are exceptionally hardcore XBox fans....pyschotic in many ways in that all we do is come to this site and play games while living life :D hehehe....I love this site....great news, reviews, and even brews....and great on-line buddies that we all will recognize once the on-line forum is completely set up this summer! lol

That is going to be so bad ass, gentlemen! (oh yeah, and Xboxpebbles :D) I mean, think about that for a moment....how cool is it going to be when we are all on-line playing Halo, for example, during this Summer? I plan on using the same nickname...if it's already taken, I will simply add some numbers or change my nickname so you all know it's me and I hope you all do the same! I mean, I know we can do that on Gamespy and stuff...but, quite frankly, I don't know if I want to go through the hastle of purchasing a bunch of hardware that I know I will only use for a few months. I can wait for Summer, no doubt...by then, I will probably get finished with Azurik anyway :D

So, this site is better and better when you think about it! Okay, d a m m i t!!! Group HUG!!!! :D

Ninja Scroll
01-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Waximus, that is gonna reek of coolness, to go online with each other in Halo 1.5 come back to the addict forum and have mad crazy bragging rights!:cool: That's gonna rule yo! Im gonna try to keep my user name too! If it's take i'll probably use something like Ninja Jubei, or Ninja Nutz (lol) hehehe!:D
Im gonna wait until the offical launch as well. I can wait, but as time grows closer I might lose my freakin mind in anticapation!!:eek: :eek:

Man, just think of it, Ninja Jubei vs. maximus vs. F'N Show vs. VAN vs. Jason-XBA, ect. In Halo 1.5!!!!! OOOohhhhhhhhhh the excitement!:eek: :eek: Im losing it now guys heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeee!!

Okay, time for dat group hug now,... max, no funny stuff either:D

Rancey
01-15-2002, 02:00 PM
Are you sure you would want me to humiliate you Ninja?

*evil grin*

Ninja Scroll
01-15-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Are you sure you would want me to humiliate you Ninja?

*evil grin*

WHAT!? Do I want to be humilated by you J-XBA?WHAT!?

Ninja says- Dont Sing It, Bring It!:D
And just for running your mouth im not gonna even shoot da hell out of ya online with Halo 1.5. Im gonna just sneak up on dat ass and wack your brain cells out from behind!:D
And you'll just be another victim of a Ninja Murda Beef, Halo Style!:cool:

Rancey
01-15-2002, 02:14 PM
hahah Ninja, don't sing it bring it? I'll bring it and more alright. And it ain't braggin' unless you back it up (to quote HHH) and I most certainly back it up :)

Kamshaft
01-15-2002, 02:23 PM
I had no idea that we had such a big pile fans of the site. When you're not number one like us, you kindda feel like you get fed left overs all the time. I honestly hope that's going to change, very soon. :(

I really want to thank you guys for coming back day after day. All this wouldn't be possible without the help of the pervious staff members, Jeremy, Jason, Sharoon, VAN, Sebastien, Diane, Gerald , Tyrell and a few more...great people that have poured their heart and soul into this now HUGE site. (700+ user reviews & 3,400+ members!)

:)

Thanks for the continued support, guys! Did you guys noticed that XboxAddict.com was the only site giving away free Xbox games before Christmas? Or is it just me? We got more game giveaways coming soon.

:eek:

Rancey
01-15-2002, 02:29 PM
It sure has been fun watching this site grow and meet all of you dedicated fans (and even some dedicated cube fans in the debate forum:p). I know I always enjoy checking out the forums and seeing what everybody is up to!

Thanks for the mention Stephen :)

On a side note this is my 900th post :p

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
On a side note this is my 900th post :p

Oh no! I'm being rivaled :eek:

hehe...jk...

Hey, Jason, Stephen, Jeremy, VAN, Sharoon, Gerald, Sebastien, Diane and the rest of the XBoxaddict crew...a many thanks I give you all for creating the best XBox site on the net :)

But, I must ask you all...when are you giving away free brew? hehe...jk

LynxFX
01-15-2002, 03:00 PM
When Halo goes online you are all going DOWN!!!! Muhahahahahahahah *cough* haha *wheeze* hahahohum.

batman46st
01-15-2002, 03:05 PM
cmon now guys please listen since u guys are all cool xbox homie ill try not to blow u guys u so many times in halo....

XBA Staff
01-15-2002, 03:33 PM
I really want to thank you guys for coming back day after day. All this wouldn't be possible without the help of the pervious staff members, Jeremy, Jason, Sharoon, VAN, Sebastien, Diane, Gerald and a few more...great people that have poured their heart and soul into this now HUGE site. (700+ user reviews & 3,400+ members!)

Hey Stephen, You forgot to mention me.

Kamshaft
01-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Sorry Tyrell, and Tyrell too! He's new guys, please welcome him.
:D

Without all these people's help, I could do XboxAddict.com by myself.

Peace.
:cool:

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Stephen-XBA
Sorry Tyrell, and Tyrell too! He's new guys, please welcome him.
:D

Without all these people's help, I could do XboxAddict.com by myself.

Peace.
:cool:

Yeah, I was tickled green and black when I first saw Tyrell :D Welcome Tyrell! I'm rarely here, though....but, I thought I would welcome you aboard anyway :D

skoot182
01-15-2002, 05:05 PM
haha, this threads "important" now :D

l Maximus l
01-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
haha, this threads "important" now :D

Actually, I think VAN has the hots for Ninja Scroll :D

SOVEREIGN2K2
01-15-2002, 06:02 PM
YO..fasho this site is definately tytework, and i believe that eve though TXB is a great site, this site is simply better because just look at its excellent presentation and simply being here in the forums is like chillin wit my homies, ya heard!!..and so hompefully Microsoft realizes that this site has a lot to offer too.

UNTILL NEXT TIME...JAH BLESS!!

--THE PS2 IS JUST A SYSTEM
--THE LAMECUBE IS AN ABOMINATION
--THE XBOX IS A PLEATHERER OF GAMES!!
--AND ADICTS, TO THESE TRUTHS DO WE HOLD STEADFAST!!

-SOVEREIGN

XBA Staff
01-15-2002, 07:46 PM
Don't worry, TXB is a great website and they deserved what they got. Not to say that this isn't a great site but TXB has been through alot (When they went down due to server problems). Also TXB or MSXBOX was out before XBA.

But honestly I don't know why TXB was just the only site given a award because sites like FunXbox, Planet Xbox and others are great sites.

But this is a great site and it's getting better everyday. But guys don't hate TXB...because that's a great site...but some day we'll get our credit. ;)

Koopa
01-15-2002, 08:34 PM
they probably saw me and my gamecube cronies and decided not to give you guys the site:confused:

*runs away*

sinizuh
01-16-2002, 12:12 AM
teamxbox is linked with ebgames, the online store for one (if not) the biggest video game stores in north america...

alot of people bought their xboxes at EB, so they got headups to teamxbox for being linked to them...

it's how the money flows...

Ninja Scroll
01-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
they probably saw me and my gamecube cronies and decided not to give you guys the site:confused:

*runs away*

REALLY!?:confused:

That's funny Koopa, cause I never noticed you guys where ever here! :D

Honestly, I would hope the fact we have a debate forum would have no effect on the out come of the award!:eek:

xboxman_1
01-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Okay guys, let's just put an end to this bragging about Halo, we all know that Xboxman is the best. Just take a look at my sig and you'll realize that your hopes and dreams will all be crushed once you play me. Just thought I'd lay down the law.

XBA Staff
01-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Xboxman_1, you can't handle me in Halo. I'm just too good for you.

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 02:31 PM
lol...I'll take you both on :D

XBA Staff
01-18-2002, 02:36 PM
One Staff member over at TXB said that he beated Halo on Legendary in one Sitting. Now you know he is lying.

monkeyman
01-18-2002, 02:38 PM
____
/ \
l #1 l
\____/
l l <----our trouphy thingy.....its kinda stumpy but it will work
l l
l___l

Ninja Scroll
01-18-2002, 02:40 PM
i'LL TAKE ALL THREE OF YOU ON!!!!!!!! ALL FEAR SUPER NINJA HALO!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

XBA Staff
01-18-2002, 02:41 PM
____
/ \
l #1 l
\____/
l l
l___l

Umm.........Umm.........Umm........Thanks....:D

monkeyman
01-18-2002, 02:44 PM
it got messed up:(

Ninja Scroll
01-18-2002, 03:33 PM
____
/ \
l #1 l
\____/
l l <-
l l
l___l

OH MY LORD, WHAT IN DA HELL IS THIS!!???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

SOVEREIGN2K2
01-18-2002, 05:16 PM
the hell wrong wit his a$$?!?!..legendary, dont get me wrong i'm not sayin it cant be done, what i'm sayin is not now, maybe later on close to sping break when you have a lil free time, but hell i wont i'll be chillin at Panama Beach, FL..ya heard.(females all day!!)..but anyways my point is his ass is lying, he betta slow dat up!!..if anybodie's gonna do it, irs gonna be a RAWDAWG..LIKE ME!!..OR OF COURSE A XBA STAFFMEMBER (and ya'll too my dawgs in the forums)

JAH BLESS,ZEEN

-SOVEREIGN:mad:

monkeyman
01-18-2002, 05:48 PM
____
/ \
l #1 l
\____/
l l
l___l

it went screwy when i did it

techoholic1
01-18-2002, 10:17 PM
umm...TXB probably gets like 5 times the hits this site gets..so that's probably why Microsoft gave it to them..

This site is SO much better though :)

xboxman_1
01-19-2002, 01:59 PM
lol...I'll take you both on
Haha....thanks for the laugh Maximus....but I don't see it happening. You? Beating Me? And Tyrell? Maximus, I can beat you even if I was playing with the controls reversed from what I'm used to. And one hand tied behind my back.

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 05:11 PM
umm...TXB probably gets like 5 times the hits this site gets..so that's probably why Microsoft gave it to them..

Although I'm not authorized to discuss XBA's daily hits in these forums, I can say that TXB doesn't get 5 times as much hits then we do. To tell you the truth they don't get too much more hits than us.

But like I said, I can't give and exact # because I'm not authorized to tell yall our # of hits a day or unique visitors a month.

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 05:12 PM
Haha....thanks for the laugh Maximus....but I don't see it happening. You? Beating Me? And Tyrell? Maximus, I can beat you even if I was playing with the controls reversed from what I'm used to. And one hand tied behind my back.

Now that's serious.

techoholic1
01-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Are you serious that you aren't far behind? Whenever I'm on both sites, they have like 140 people in their forums, while XBA has like 20. Oh well :(

Ninja Scroll
01-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by techoholic1
Are you serious that you aren't far behind? Whenever I'm on both sites, they have like 140 people in their forums, while XBA has like 20. Oh well :(

he does make a good point Tyrell! I wish there was a way we could get offical numbers.
But honestly, I dont give 3 drops of monkey pi$$!
xboxaddict.com runs da web when it comes to xbox news, updates, previews, reviews, pics, ect. As well as the best d@mn forums ever! I mean, come on- Ninja Jubei being a member of xboxaddict just proves how cool we are!
TXB WHO!? :D :D :D

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 07:39 PM
Well yall will be pretty surprised if you see are stats because like I said before...we aren't too far behind TXB in daily hits.

Just because TXB may have 100s of people at their forums doesn't mean a thing.

techoholic1
01-19-2002, 07:50 PM
True enough..I knew of this site before TXB anyway..and I still prefer this one.

You should put a bit more promotion into your forums though..

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 07:57 PM
What do you mean by putting more promotion in our forums?

techoholic1
01-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Well, put more links and graphics leading to your forums around the site. I'm not totally sure, but the only link I've noticed leading to the forums is in the navigation at the top. Maybe have a "Discuss in our forums.." after every news article, or on the top of reviews..etc.

Ninja Scroll
01-19-2002, 08:09 PM
make sense to me, I agree. Anything to help us grow im all for it. I want us to achive even more than we already have.
The skies da limits for us at xboxaddict.com
Also it wont hurt to run even more contest! I know it cost money but just give away cheap, but worthy gifts in the forums and stuff like that.
it will only do the website good! :)

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Maybe have a "Discuss in our forums.." after every news article, or on the top of reviews..etc.

Okay I'll do that at times.

techoholic1
01-19-2002, 08:24 PM
okay, great. that's guarenteed to draw more people into the XBA forums..

Ninja Scroll
01-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Yo Tye! while your at it could you put in a word to Steph about getting a new pic of a nurse? That chick looks like somebodies mother! lol :D
Get a chick like the one on the cover of that on Blink 182 CD!!! She is soooooo hot!!!! :D

Oh, just remembered. Steph if you read this- I noticed under your user name is says "owner of this joint" !!! did you get that from my slang/ebonics talk? I remember saying that in a past thread,..... just curious yo! :)